Status: one-shot.

The Sky Under The Sea

Uno.

Vic sighed heavily as his foot remained on the gas pedal. He closed his eyes for a moment, picturing what he wanted the most. Knowing this was the right thing for him, for them. He reached over and grabbed his girlfriends hand as a smile played at his lips.

She looked at him with sad eyes, but she was smiling, he knew she must feel the same way, nervous, scared, anxious... excited. This was all going to happen.

He saw the bridge approaching rapidly in the headlights, his heartbeat speed up, anticipation began to slowly set it. He gulped and shook his head, willing all the negative thoughts to leave his mind, he was going to do this.

He sang softly to himself, the lyrics that he had screamed so many times to his fans, he was over it, "Someday I'll drive, close both my eyes..."

"We'll swim in circles in the blue light..." His girlfriend sang along softly beside him, making him smile at her.

"It's gonna be the best day of my life..." He trailed off, staring at her as he saw her eyes fill with tears.

"Don't cry Cameron, I love you, remember that," he said evenly, the bridge now almost right in front of their peripheral vision.

She nodded slowly, "The sky under the sea... I love you too," she said softly.

He smiled at her, pressing his foot down with an even greater force than before. His hands were shaking now, and all he could think about was how upset his friends, family, and fans would be...what a tragic death.... but that wasn't true. This is what he wanted. He was done with life, done with the drama, the bullshit, the agony. He wanted the sky under the sea... one way or another, he would get it. That's what Cameron wanted too, and even if she didn't, Vic had cleverly convinced her that she did... she was going with him. She could never leave him.

Cameron sat beside him as he accelerated to an insane speed and wondered, will we survive this? could we? She doubted it, highly, but she still had hope...

Did she want to die? No, not exactly, but she wanted Vic, she loved him, and the thought of living without him was simply unbearable, she would rather die. To live on love and die... This was the right thing, she had convinced herself of that. She would be with Vic forever this way, in the sky under the sea.

Her heart rate was sky rocketing, she could've sworn Vic could hear it, and maybe he could've, if his heart wasn't beating just as fast, not because he was beginning to regret what he was about to do, no that wasn't it, it was because he was excited, thrilled to actually be doing this. This, was the best day of his life.

And then it was time, then they saw the water glimmer, and Vic shut his eyes tight as Cameron let out an ear shattering scream. He let out a sigh of relief at the sound of crunching metal, and the feeling of falling, plunging, deeper and deeper into the water. His own lyrics sprang into his mind during those last moments where he could actually breath without taking in water, I'll be your breath if you can be mine. He held onto Cameron's hand as she thrashed around once they hit the shockingly cold abyss, Vic didn't move, he stayed still, taking in the water that filled his lungs quickly, without a struggle.

Cameron's mind was going utterly insane, she couldn't believe she had gone through with it. She was in the water now, she was drowning. She could feeling the car going deeper and deeper and she wanted to scream out in anguish, in heartache, wishing, oh god, wishing that she hadn't gone through with this. She couldn't breathe, she was having an anxiety attack, under water? she asked herself, how fucking crazy this was. She wanted it to be like Vic said, happy, carefree, blissful.
This was not, by any means, blissful.

Her lungs burned from lack of oxygen and she tried her absolute best to get out of the smashed up car, banging her hand against the glass window so hard she was bleeding, all the while Vic remained motionless beside her, clutching onto her left hand so tightly, she couldn't even move it. She was hopeless, this was hopeless. She was going to die. This was actually happening to her. And now, as the realization of what she actually did know all along, hit her like a ton of bricks, it broke her heart into a million pieces. This wasn't the heaven her and Vic had been dreaming of, this was going down, straight to hell.

She was completely and totally done after what seemed like eternity, but in reality, it was only 1 minute and 37 seconds. 107 long, hard, breathless seconds, she felt herself let go. She felt her mind stop working and thinking and struggling and just rested her body, just let it all go. Thinking that she loved Vic, and that no matter what, she always would. She closed her eyes and saw white, the whitest white she had ever seen, so damn white it burned her eyes. And that is all she remembered before it was over.

Vic remained beside her, holding onto her hand, shaking his head as he waited to pass out, his pain was unbearable now, the scorching feeling in his lungs and the pit of his stomach, and the stinging in his nostrils, he couldn't stand it, and suddenly, Cameron stopped moving from beside him. He opened his eyes, and saw how peaceful she looked how... dead. He leaned into her once more, and placed a soft kiss on her cheek. He knew it wouldn't be long now before it was all over for him too. The sky under the sea.... That's where they were.... He couldn't do anything about it now, whatever happened next would be up to God, but he didn't care anymore really, he was out of this life, this shit. He was gone. Cameron was gone. They were gone.

And just like that, they faded away, into the sky under the sea. Never to be seen again.

~
Someday I'll drive, close both my eyes.
I'll be your breath if you can be mine.
And I just want to fade away into the sky under the sea.
A million kisses underwater as we walk into the ocean waves.
Do you see me at all under the tall waves?
Do you see me at all?
♠ ♠ ♠
For a contest, what's up bro? Comments... I would adore them. <3