‹ Prequel: Today In History
Sequel: History In The Making

Going Down In History

Everything Is My Fault

It didn't take as long as I hoped to reach Joey's house. Before I knew it I was standing outside the door, debating whether to knock or turn tail and run away. I was so good at running away anyways. Maybe I should just go back and beg Chris to see sense and let me stay, but I knew that it was going to be good for either of us.

I held my breath and knocked on the door, stepping back and waiting for someone to answer. I heard shuffling from behind and a latch turn before the door was opened to reveal Joey. I stared at him. He was wearing nothing but boxer shorts and his black hair was a mess all around his face. I shook my head and decided to stare passed him, as to not look.

"Charlie? You're back?" He brushed his hair from his eyes and looked at me confused.

"Er... Yeah. I need a place to stay for a while. Do you mind?" I looked down at my feet, hoping he would say he wouldn't but also hoping he would say he would.

"Yeah, sure. Come on in." He stepped aside to let me into the apartment. A vision flashed in front of my eyes from last night. I shuddered at the thought and continued to stare down at my feet.

"He kick you out?" He said silently and stepped in front of me to show me to an open room.

"No. I left for a while to give him space." It sounded worse out loud. All he did was nod as I followed him to a room. It was a light beige with a queen sized bed against the far wall. There was also a T.V. set on the dresser across from the bed.

"You can stay in here, we usually use it as a guest room now since my friend Trevor left a long time ago." He showed me where I could put my few things and then walked out to take a shower and get dressed.

I sat on my bed, thinking about how long I was going to have to stay here and how weird it was going to be. This didn't feel like home at all. I was just a piece of furniture here and I didn't like it. The only place that was a home to me was with a man that asked me to leave. How screwed up does my life sound right now?

Very screwed up if you ask me.

"I didn't ask you." I muttered and laid back on the bed.

Actually, you did.

"Why are you here anyway?" I said this louder than I had intended to say it.

Because, you created me sweetie. I'm here as long as your alive. Or as long as you agree to go to a mental institution. Which ever comes first I guess.

"What is your deal with Chris?" I'm sure if anyone heard me, they would think I needed to be locked up in a cell somewhere, but I was too absorbed to notice anything.

You could do better. You could be the greatest person in the world. But no. You're dating your teacher. The one that will get you nowhere. He's just using you until he finds someone better. That's why you left and that's why I'm here. If he hadn't kicked you out, you would've never gone to that party and I would've never been created.

I bit my tongue from yelling at myself. I was going to have to put up with this for a long time and I knew it.

"I hate you." I replied and lightly smacked myself in the head.

I know.

"Who are you talking to?" Joey appeared in the doorway. I didn't even realize that he had gotten done with his shower and was now looking at me intently.

"Myself. I'm debating on what to do." That was only a half lie. I saw him nod and approach me on the bed, sitting on the side in the process.

"Most people don't say they hate themselves out loud." He muttered and looked at me apprehensively.

"I'm not most people." He knew something was up and I was any good at hiding things. Hell, look at what happened a while ago. Everyone knew about Chris and I, and I did nothing to prevent it. Maybe if I had then he would still have his job, I would still be at the house and we would still be living together.

Everything is my fault.

You got that right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another filler chapter, but I promise things will start picking up in the next few chapters. [:
I'm still debating on what to do with Charlie, but I guess once I type it that'll be what happens.
haha
Like always
comment yadayadaya