‹ Prequel: Today In History
Sequel: History In The Making

Going Down In History

I Told You So

"I-I.." I stuttered, not really knowing what to say to him. He folded his arms over his chest and stared at me. I couldn't meet his gaze and just looked past him and into the doorway.

"Explain. Now." His voice was stern and his gaze got harder. His breathing deepened and I could tell he was royally pissed off. What was I going to say?

"You said Chris was a loser.." I trailed off, hoping that it would do some good to explain why I had acted like that. His expression turned from royally pissed off to angry and confused in a split second.

"I never said anything like that. All I said was 'hey Charlie' only to get greeting with you shouting at me." His face went back to pissed off. So I had imagined it. The stupid voice was now making my life even harder than it needed to be.

"I'm sorry. I heard you wrong." I whispered, as if that would do any good. Here I was, staying at his house, eating his food and him giving me whatever I needed, and how do I return it? By screaming at him?

"You so full of shit. Tell me the truth." His voice was icy and full of venom. I chewed on my lip, thinking of ways to get myself out of this mess. I could lie my way through, but I didn't know how to do that since I was already in a ditch from lying. Or, I could tell him the truth, which would only end up with me in an asylum. It was a dead end either way.

"I'm insane." I whispered, almost soft enough where he couldn't hear it, but he did. I heard his breathing hitch in his throat and all I could do was stare at my feet. I seemed to be doing that a lot lately.

"I know." He said softly. My head snapped up to see him coming towards me. He knew? What did he mean he knew?

"W-what?" I stuttered in time for him to lay a hand on my shoulder. I looked into his face and only then did I realize what he meant.

"I've known since this morning when I heard you." He said softly. I didn't know what to say back. Something in his eyes told me that there was more to the story. I gave him a skeptical look.

"And you?" My voice came out more accusingly than I had intended. He sighed and dropped his hand from my shoulder to run it through his hair.

"I hear them too." He looked away from me and to his right as to not meet my gaze.

"You do?" Shock was apparent on my face, I didn't know why though, it was nothing I hadn't just figured out.

"Yeah." His head turned again and he looked back into my eyes. I didn't realize how pale of a blue his eyes were. They were almost gray and surprisingly I found it attractive. I snapped out of staring into his eyes to think about what I just thought. "Come on, let's go do something." He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and lead me out the front door.

"What are we going to do?" I asked looking at him before we headed down the stairs.

"Let's go see a movie." He said again looking me in the eyes. All I could do was stare at the color for a while. I turned my head away and found my cheeks burning. I was blushing, but I hoped that he couldn't see.

I told you that you'd fall for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay
so I'm typing this
because I have the entire story planned out until the end which I haven't decided on quite yet. I'm caught between two very different endings and I don't know which to use, so I'm going to run it by a very close friend of mine to see what she thinks.

but my point is, as I'm typing this from my notebook, I found out what a dick I made the voice like. But to be honest, I like it ;D
what do you think?