‹ Prequel: Today In History
Sequel: History In The Making

Going Down In History

Hooter's

I didn't sleep at all that night. I just laid with my head on the pillow and my phone next to it and stared at it. I was hoping Chris would call, tell me everything was alright and to come back. He never called.

I didn't move from that spot until about 2PM when I was almost positive nobody was in the house. I got up and walked out of the bedroom and into the kitchen. I was starving, since I hadn't gotten to eat my PB&J from last night, due to catastrophic events. But that was the last thing I wanted to think about right now.

Once I decided that there was absolutely nothing to eat, I figured I could just grab something before my shift at work. And with that, I headed into my room to grab my things to get ready. I grabbed my makeup, hair product and supplies and uniform out of my bag that I still had not unpacked.

I walked into the bathroom, locking the door and started to get ready. I did my hair first, teasing it to make it look fuller and making it wavy. I then put my makeup on. I hated wearing too much makeup, but having a job at Hooter's required me to. I made my already tan face tanner and put a lot of eye makeup on. I finished it off with fake eyelashes and mascara.

I then stripped, put a massive push up bra on and put my uniform over it. I looked perfectly slutty, the way I was supposed to look. The shorts were way too short, but they worked with my legs. The shirt was way too short too, but I could pull it off.

I walked out of the bathroom and straight into the last person I wanted to see at the moment. I saw him stumble back and almost smack into the wall behind him.

"Sorry. I didn't see you there." I mumbled and turned and walked towards the door. I grabbed my shoes, turned the nob and was almost out before I felt a hand pull me back.

"Charlie, wait. Look, I wanted to apologize about last night." His other hand gripped the back of his neck as he looked at me and then down to his feet. "I was way out of line." I wretched my hand free from him and took a step away.

"Damn straight you were out of line." I spat and walked out the door and slammed it in his face. I pulled my favorite Chuck Taylor's on, they had Thing 1 and Thing 2 on them, and then decided that it was much too far of a walk to my work, so I hailed a cab.

I got there in 20 minutes, which is a long time considering it would've only taken me another 20 to walk. But what can you do about traffic? Currently, I was eating at the bar before my shift and Jeff, my manager, walked over to me.

"Hey Charlie! So I hear you and your teacher boyfriend split." He leaned against the counter to support himself as he talked to me. Jeff was usually a really nice guy, just a little too involved with his employee's personal lives.

"Well, not really. It's a little more complicated than that. Who did you hear that from anyway?" I asked and took a bite of my chicken strip. I had a curious look on my face that he must have found funny, for he chuckled.

"A guy hears things. See you around." He walked off, but not before giving me a wink. That means he chewed out whoever had told him such news.

I glanced at the clock above the bar and noticed that it was time for me to clock in. I sighed, shoved the rest of my food in my mouth and walked in back. When I came back out, I noticed a table that had been sat a few minutes before I had ordered my food. They didn't have a server yet so I headed over.

I gave them a warm smile that they returned in a thankful way. Nobody usually wanted to serve these kind of people because of how they looked. Usually they were stingy tippers, but I didn't care, it was still money.

"Hi, my name is Charlie and I will be your server tonight. Can I start you guys off with something to drink?" They went around and I took their drink orders. "Okay, well I will be back in a bit with you drinks and to take your orders." I walked over to the bar to get their drinks ordered when the bartender turned around and smiled at me.

"Hey Charlie, what can I do you for tonight?" He asked and winked at me. His name was Brad and he was the closest thing I had to a friend in San Diego. I chuckled at the expression on his face.

"I need two Cokes, one Sprite, two Margaritas and three beers." I spoke. It was quite a large table for not being very busy. He nodded and turned around to get their drinks prepared. I placed a tray on the counter and waited.

When I walked back over the group was chatting actively. I smiled at them, placed the drinks in front of the correct people and took their order. I told them it would be about 20 minutes for their food to be ready and that if they needed anything to just holler at me.

Work was going by faster than I wanted. It was really slow and I was almost done with the one table I'd had in two hours. Jeff said I could go when I was done with my table. I was currently sitting at the bar, watching the baseball game that was on the T.V. and arguing with Brad about who was the better team. I noticed the last person to put down his silverware and headed back over to my table.

I handed them their check and started clearing off the left over plates and forks. I gave them one last smile, thanked them for choosing Hooter's and to have a goodnight. I then walked away to put the plates back in the kitchen for the dishwasher to get to.

When I walked out, the table had gone and I walked over to pick up the bill book. I opened it and just stared at it. I saw Brad walk over out of the corner of my eye, but I just stared. He whistled lowly and chuckled.

"Wow, a $200 tip for a $150 bill. They must have really liked you." He chuckled again and I handed them the piece of paper that they had left with the tip. He read the words that were on it 'thank you for your great service' and smiled at me. "See Charlie, people like you." He slapped my back and walked off.

I walked in back and clocked out, making sure that the tip was tight in my pocket before heading out for the night. I said goodbye to Brad and Jeff and walked out of the front door. I was really bad at looking where I was going, for I had bumped into someone again.

"Shit. I'm sorry." The person said. I was too busy looking at my feet to see where I was going, so it was just as much my fault as his. But my head snapped up at the voice and I realized who it was.

"Chris?" My eyes widened when I saw that it was, in fact, Chris.
♠ ♠ ♠
so I typed this entire chapter on Mibba, then my computer went back.. so it was deleted, and now here it is again. But it took me 2 hours to type it the first time. I was pretty angry haha so the second one isn't as good as the first one was. sorryyyyy
hope you like it anyway.