‹ Prequel: Today In History
Sequel: History In The Making

Going Down In History

Follow The Yellow Brick Road

Fall turned into Winter. Winter into Spring. Then Spring took an enormous leap, skipping summer and fall and headed straight back into Winter.

No. This wasn't really what happened, but as it is right now, I wish it would've happened. I wish time moved faster than it really did. Isn't that funny? Every time you want time to move faster, it goes as slow as possible. Every time you want something to last, it never seems to. I've been experiencing that a lot lately.

Another week had passed since my encounter with Chris. It was now Saturday again and I was utterly bored. The good news was that I only had to wait another week and a half to go back to Chris. That is, if he still wanted me.

I was still kind of avoiding Joey. Everything was still awkward between us and I really didn't want to get too close to him. We talked a lot, watched T.V. a lot and I even cooked him dinner, which he happily ate when I was not near him. Avoiding him could only go so far. As of right now, I sat on the couch that I remember once falling asleep in, facing the T.V. and really staring at my phone.

"Okay. Stop moping. Let's do something." Joey walked in from around the corner and folded his arms around his chest once he caught sight of me. I frowned at him having adverted my attention away from my phone. I was hoping that maybe, just maybe Chris would call me before and tell me to come home.

"What do you want to do?" I asked slowly, watching him skeptically as he took another step into the room and observed it.

"I don't know. Let's just go out. Like have fun, ya know? You do know what fun is right? Or did Chris suck it all out of you?" He smirked. I'm sure he meant it as a joke, but as soon as he said Chris's name a huge knot formed in my throat and I looked away.

"No..." I said softly, almost hoping he didn't hear me. I heard him chuckle a bit in his throat and he took another step towards me.

"No what?" I don't know if he was just trying to get something out of me about Chris or if he was generally asking what it was about. Til this day, I don't know. I shook my head to clear the thoughts out of it, then turned and gave him a week smile.

"Yeah, let's go do something fun." My smile grew bigger as I stood up and put my arm through the loop in his arm. He started skipping out the door, dragging me with him and singing "follow the yellow brick road" at the top of his lungs.

What we did that day was have fun. As much fun as I've had in a long time. And for the first moment in a long time, I forgot about Chris, forgot about my phone and forgot about everything. I was on my journey to have fun that day.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay super short chapter!
but I promise that the next one will be longer!
who has seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail?
if you have, then you know where I got the reference from at the beginning.
hahaha
comment. please
I'm in a really pissed off mood because Christmas was honestly robbed from me and now I can't celebrate it.
so comment and make me feel better. [: