‹ Prequel: Today In History
Sequel: History In The Making

Going Down In History

The World Has Moved On

"So where are we going?" I asked as we finished walking down the street and I was watching Joey try to hail a taxi.

"You'll see. Did you bring your bank card?" He turned to smile at me with his hand up in the air. He didn't see the taxi pass right by at him because he was looking at me. I looked back at him confused.

"No. Was I supposed to?" I started to worry and turned to run back to the apartment. I felt a hand grab my arm and pull me back around.

"No, I was making sure you didn't. I'm paying for everything." He gave me another of his breathtaking smiles and then turned back to the street. After five more minutes of trying to get a taxi he sighed frustrated and turned to me for help. I laughed and stepped forward, raising my arm and placing my fingers in my mouth to whistle. Within seconds a taxi stopped to let us in.

I turned and gave Joey a mocking look and laughed when he scowled back. I got in and stared at him smirking as he continued scowling at me.

"Show off." I heard him mutter under his breath and I laughed out loud, causing the driver to turn around and give me an annoyed look. I gave him a dirty look and he turned around to start to drive to our destination which Joey had whispered to him.

"I'm not a show off. I just know what I'm doing." I smirked and turned back to face him. He was slouching in his seat with his arms crossed and his bottom lip popped out. I laughed at his expression which grew into more of a pout once I did. "Oh come on Joey. I call cabs all the time. You walk everywhere." I gave him a smile and he straightened up.

He changed the subject and held a conversation until we got to our destination. As soon as the cab stopped, I turned around to look out the window to see where we were. I looked up and up until finally the image fully appeared. We were at a fair.

Not just any fair though. This was the same fair the Chris brought me to the first week we had moved into our apartment. I felt a huge lump in my throat form and I held back the tears that were about to form. I turned around and gave Joey a smile before I opened the door to step out into the fresh air.

He walked around the taxi, before it sped off, and to my side. I walked along with him into the massive park. There's was practically everything here. Everything that made me continue to think about Chris. I knew that was the last thing Joey wanted me to think of, hell, that was the thing he was trying to clear my mind of.

Why are you thinking of that piece of shit anyway? He's a worthless asshole. Get over him.

The knot in my throat grew bigger and I turned my head away from Joey because I thought that I was going to cry right then and there. The tears didn't come. I took a shakey, deep breath and turned my head back to where Joey was animatedly talking. He didn't even notice I wasn't listening.

That's true, you don't listen to anyone. You're to selfish to listen to other people.

I bit my cheek and tried as hard as I could to not shout at myself. Joey saw me tense up and paused his conversation, noticing then that I wasn't really paying attention. A look of hurt flashed across his face and was gone in an instant.

"You okay?" He asked kind of distantly. I nodded my head and gave him a soft smile. He could tell in my eyes though that something was wrong. He understood instantly what it was, well, part of it. "The voice?" He asked softly and I nodded again. I heard him sigh and saw him run his hand through his hair and grab at the back of his neck.

"I'll be fine. Let's have some fun." I gave him another soft smile and he nodded, not really believing that I was okay. I wasn't okay. This whole place was reminding me of Chris and the voice in my head wasn't exactly the nicest thing in the world.

Suddenly one of my favorite lines from one of my favorite series popped into my head. Never before had this phrase been so relevant in my life. Now it just seemed to fit perfectly to whatever I was feeling or thinking back on.

I smiled to myself as I thought about it more and more. And as I thought about it more and more I couldn't help but realize how true it was and always will be.

The World Has Moved On.
♠ ♠ ♠
who has read the Dark Tower series?
if not I highly suggest it
guess what today is!!!
It's my bestest friend's birthday!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYSSA!
:D