‹ Prequel: Today In History
Sequel: History In The Making

Going Down In History

Confessions

I woke up.

I didn't dare open my eyes, I'd rather pretend I was still sleeping than be caught and tortured. I tried to think of as many plans as I could to get myself out of this mess. None really came to mind. I knew I wasn't at the apartment anymore. If I was, Chris would've been here already and I would be safely home. Or maybe I was, maybe Chris did come to get me, maybe I was laying on our bed while he makes hot cocoa and waits for me to wake up.

Fat chance.

I lightly cringed at the voice. I didn't want to hear it right now, well actually, not ever. The doctor was supposed to call today too to tell me if I had any diseases. Apparently those take a long time to test for.

You're perfectly fucking fine. Stop being a baby.

I heard someone in a room a bit away from where I was laying. I dared to peek my eye open and see if anybody was in here with me. Nobody was. I was alone, except for the voice in my head, and I liked it, except for the voice in my head.

I let out a shaky sigh and looked around for a way out. There was a window, but it was barred. I looked around for something, anything that could help me, there was nothing. I heard footsteps coming towards the door, so I put my head down and continued to pretend to sleep.

The door opened with a feint creaking sound that made me shutter. I held my breath to try to slow my breathing down so they didn't know the difference between the pattern. I heard more footsteps and then felt some weight on the edge of the bed.

"Wake the fuck up. I know you're faking." Joey snarled. I continued pretending to sleep because I was too scared to speak. "Okay, maybe you're not faking. I just want to say sorry, though you can't hear me. I just didn't want you to leave. I'm so much better than that stupid teacher you've seemed to get yourself tied up in. What do you see in that guy anyway?"

I could picture him running his hand through his hair and I knew he wasn't looking at me, but out the barred window, into the streets and probably in the direction of our apartment. I still didn't wake up from my pretend sleep. I was nervous and hesitant, most of me believing he was lying.

"I guess all students have a thing for their teachers right?" He let out a mix between a soft snorting sound and a cackle. "God, I'm such an idiot. I should've realized that you'd never want to be with me anyway. That Jackass has probably put his spell on you and you fell for it. How can you be that stupid to fall for it? Fall for him. Fuck."

I heard his ragged breathing and his weight shifted on the bed so he was leaning across it. I think he knew I was awake, but he didn't say anything. Well, maybe he didn't know, but you can never really tell these things.

"I don't know what to do with myself. I mean, I told you that Johnny was gone. He's not. He's here all the freaking time. Like earlier when I hit you, that wasn't me. I swear to god that wasn't me. It was fucking Johnny who did it. He's taking control and I don't know what to do. I need help, like serious help. I'm so fucking scared, Charlie."

I felt a knot in my throat at his words. I could tell by the way he was saying them that he was completely truthful. I tried my hardest not to cry, though a few tears slipped down in my efforts to keep them off.

It was my turn to wake up. I felt I had to. After everything that Joey said, I felt I owed him at least this much. Though I don't know why, he screamed at me, hit me and kidnapped me. I just had a heart when it came to things like this. Because I knew how he felt.

I lifted my head from the pillow and turned it to stare at him blankly. He didn't even realize I was awake, for he stared off in the opposite direction of me and into an empty closet with nothing in it but mouse shit. Delightful. He finally turned his head to see that I was awake. I saw tears streaming down his face and dropping on the blankets and his own pants.

"Charlie, you've been awake this entire time." I froze.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay so filler chapter
but the next one will have something good in it
promise.