‹ Prequel: Today In History
Sequel: History In The Making

Going Down In History

It's All Your Fault

We were at the hospital now. I did all I could do to keep myself from crying my eyes out on Joey's shoulder while we were waiting in the waiting room for the doctor to come out. I was more scared about what was going on in my head more than what was about to happen in a little bit.

You don't need to be scared. My breathing hitched when I heard this. I turned my head away from Joey so he didn't see the tears welling up in my eyes. For all he knew, I was upset about the rape. You should be upset.

"I am upset." I muttered under my breath and continued to stare at the soda machine that was next to me.

Upset about the wrong thing. If I were you, I would be glad I was here, not whining like a little baby about it. It cackled in my mind. Was I this crazy that I was having conversations with something in my head? Oh god.

The door burst open and Chris ran in. He had a pissed off look that was mixed with the look like he'd been crying. He spotted me and ran up to me, but didn't hug me or anything. I could really use a hug from him right now.

"Goddammit Charlie. You're gone for one freaking night and you already land yourself into trouble?" He half yelled at me. I didn't want to look at him. He was right, I couldn't control myself at all and look where it got me.

"Dude! It wasn't her fault she was raped! If anything it was your fault." Joey snapped at him. I didn't want the two to be fighting while I was here, but I wasn't going to stop them.

He is right you know. This is all of that asshole's fault. I grit my teeth and tried my best not to reply to the voice.

"How is this my fault?" Chris yelled back at Joey. Joey stood up from next to me. The other patients were staring at the two guys that were yelling at each other.

"Well maybe, if you wouldn't have told her to leave than this wouldn't have happened!" Joey spat at him. Chris glared at Joey and was trying to do his best at keeping his temper. That didn't work so well.

"What so I asked for the two creeps to rape her?" Chris's voice was softer, but he was still yelling. I think he knew Joey was winning the argument.

Might as well have, Asshole.

"Will you just shut up?" I snapped. It was meant for the voice in my head, but I guess the boys took it to them too. Joey relaxed and sat back down in his chair and Chris took the seat next to me, but he never looked at me.

"Charlotte Reynolds?" The doctor came through the door and called my name. I stood up and so did the boys next to me. I suspected they were going to continue fighting, but they didn't say another word to each other.

All three of us followed the doctor into a room that was all white. I sat on the little bed and the doctor started to ask me questions. Most were like my full name, address, parents, just normal things. He asked me what happened and I told him everything I remember. Well, not everything. I didn't mention how I was going crazy and that there was a voice in my head that I could now talk to.

"We'll have to run a few tests. If you could just come with me Ms. Reynolds." I got off the bed and followed him out of the room. As soon as we left, I could hear Chris and Joey yelling at each other again.

This is fun.

"Shut up please." I muttered. I stared at the doctor's feet as we walked into another room. He handed me a cup and asked me to piss in it. This would determine if I was pregnant or if I had transmitted any diseases from the two guys.

After I was done pissing in the cup, getting my blood drawn, checking my throat, eyes and ears, I was allowed to go back into the room. I opened the door to see Chris and Joey on opposite ends of the room. Chris had a black eye and a bloody lip and Joey had a bloody nose and a bruise on his cheek.

"Are you serious? I didn't leave you two alone for more than twenty minutes and you've already created damage?" I saw Joey smile a little bit. I looked at Chris, but he still wouldn't look directly at me.

"Would've created more if the damn nurses hadn't pulled us apart." Chris muttered and looked away towards the wall. I wanted to cry harder than I had ever cried in my life. Chris was ashamed of me, I knew it. That's why he wouldn't look at me.

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner!

I sat down on the bed and waited for the doctor to come in. It was the most awkward ten minutes of my life just sitting there while nobody would talk or look at each other. Finally he came in and all three of us stood up.

"You can go home Ms. Reynolds. The tests take a while to process, but I will call you with the results." I nodded and walked passed him. I didn't know where I was going to go, for I was no longer welcome at my real home. The home I shared with the man I was in love with.

All three of us walked into the parking lot. Joey turned toward his car to go back to the apartment and clean up the mess. I was about to follow him when Chris grabbed my hand.

"You're coming with me." His voice was cold and it was the first time all night he actually looked me in the eyes. I could only stare at my feet and follow him to his car. I turned to see Joey waving goodbye to me as he got into his car.
♠ ♠ ♠
any confusion on what was created? ;D
Is it me or do I make Chris seem like either an asshole or someone that can't stay away from Charlie for very long? Humor me and answer that question. haha
After this chapter I will post the winning banner. So if anybody still wants to submit one you can still do so. You still have time, just not a lot. The next chapter should be up tomorrow with the winning banner on it. Good luck!