Letters To You (Now You'll Know)

Day 1: My Best Friend

Dear my Best Friend,

I love our random Harry Potter games, and being able to spill my guts out to you about anything and everything, even if we only get to see each other a few times a year. I love that I know I can count on you and trust you, especially when I can’t trust anyone else. I love how awkward we are around each other in person, and then how open and honest we are through emails. I love that we still have Blueberry and Grace, and all of their kids and their millions of weddings. I love that I got to spend my childhood with you, even if you were taken away from me too soon. I love that after all these years, we’re still best friends. It’s been a while since first grade, huh?

Speaking of which, do you remember how we didn’t get along when you first came to Gateway? I remember hating that Mari started spending all her time with you, and I got so jealous, until I actually started hanging out with you too. I can’t even remember what changed, but suddenly we were inseparable. I remember being so sad when we found out we wouldn’t be going into fifth grade at the same school anymore. And how fast that summer went by, until you had to leave, and then suddenly time stood still. That year was one of the longest ones of my life. And I hated every minute of it.

And those first few years after you left, when we didn’t get to see each other, and didn’t even keep in touch. That killed me. I lost so much that year. You, Thor, and lady all in the same year. I never have been the same after that. But the thing that keeps me going, is knowing that I get to see you again soon. I love our new little traditions of spending Thanksgiving and Spring Break together. But I still wish you would come back. For good.

Even though thinking about our childhood together always leaves a massively empty hole in my heart, I still wouldn’t trade it for the world. You’re my best friend, and you still will be when we’re 90 years old going to Anime conventions together, with our Hello Kitty wheel chairs playing Harry Potter.

I seriously cannot wait for that.

With all my Love,
Your best friend.