Status: May be pauses due to exams

The Long Game

First encounters

Abbie’s POV
The next morning was Wednesday, but, thankfully, it was an in-service day at school. Since this was the case, all the little kids were still in bed, no point getting up at 9 AM if there was no school to go to. Miss August was nice like that, she let us sleep in at the weekend, on holidays and on in-service days. This meant that I had a little while with the computer all to myself for a while. I grabbed my file from where I had stashed it under my mattress, as one of the oldest girls in the Centre, I have a room to myself, and extracted the web address. I snuck along the corridor to the office where the computer was situated. I logged on using my username and password, allowing me to access Google. I typed the web address into the 4 web address bar and pressed enter.
“No way. This just doesn’t make sense.” I caught myself saying out loud.

Gwen’s POV
I was looking at a page which was decorated with a black background and lightning bolts on it. But I wasn’t very interested in the backdrop. The webpage showed 5 other people logged onto the page besides myself. They were called Damisi, Jun, Issy, Abbie and Mr Anonymous. Lines of code were running through the page, from what I could work out with a brief glance, it was a program for the running of something. A few moments after registering all this, a chat box arrived in the middle of the page. The person Jun was the first to type anything, obviously the courageous type.
“Hello, what on earth is going on and who the hell are you lot?” Straight to the point sort of person. I replied.
“I’ve been wondering the same honey.”
“And me!” That was Issy.
“Me two!” Damisi.
“Me three!” Abbie, probably a joker, or at least light hearted.
“So, shall we do introductions?” I suggested and the rest agreed with this plan.
“Right, I’ll go first then. I’m Gwen, from Cardiff in Wales… United Kingdom.” I added the last part as I didn’t know where everyone else is from. The introductions followed in a similar fashion.

Damisi’s POV
“Right, guys, I’m in school so I’ve got to be quick about this, but, Issy, if you’re in America and I’m in Africa, and Gwen is in the UK etc, how on earth are we all on here at the same moment in time. We are in different time zones all together!”
“Nice point Damisi. Actually, what do you prefer, do you have a nickname?”
“Dami does me fine.” I sent a smiley face.
“That’s what I’m here to explain.” Mr Anonymous entered the equation.
“And who are you?” Jun asked this.
“Why would I call myself Mr Anonymous if I wanted people to know that Jun?”
“Fair point.”
“Anyway, to save time, you can call me Mr A.”
“So, what are you going to explain anyway?”
“Well, first, the reason you’re on at the same time when you’re scattered across the globe is because we have technology, time manipulation technology.” We all went quiet.
“If the time difference is under 24 hours, we can let you talk to each other as if it was at the same moment in time. If that makes sense.”
“Not really, but I’ll run with it.” I said.
“Okay, second and most tricky. This may come as a surprise to you all, but, you’re sisters.” Again silence until we all, almost simultaneously entered the word,
“WHAT!”
“Well, lets start at the beginning. You all have step fathers or no fathers, correct?”
We all answered with some form of ’yes’.
“Okay, well, your father was a member of MI5 in the UK. He wondered the globe and was the best agent we had, as he had phenomenal skills, athletically, mentally etc. He was also a ladies man, and knew nothing about the 5 of you. We were going to tell him after his last mission. But, he dropped off the map, presumed dead. So now, we need you.”

Jun’s POV
“But why? Of what possible help could we be?”
“Well, we are hoping that some of your fathers skills passed down to you and that together, you may be able to solve what happened to him. All our agent’s are stumped.”
“So, let me get this right. We’re all half sisters. And you want us all to join some spy organisation to find out what happened to out cheating spy dad?”
“In a nut shell.”
“Count me in!” That was Abbie.
“You’re quick off the mark Abbie!” I said.
“Come on guys, I want to meet my half sisters, I’ve never had a family before. And this is the most exciting thing that has ever happened to any of us I’ll bet. We’d be fools to not at least investigate what he’s said. Come on guys, live a little.”
“Okay, I’m in.” Damisi said. “But how are we meeting up, I don’t have any money and I’m in the middle of an African savannah.”
“MI5 will send a private vehicle of some sort to collect you and bring you to the base.”
We all agreed to go and find out more about this.
“Okay,” Mr A said “, be ready at 4 PM tomorrow in your respective time zones, we will come and get you.”

The game began.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to get going, but I needed to set the scene :) x