Blitz

Bliss

Sophie heard movement in the room, and slowly opened an eye.

Peyton was riffling through his closet looking for something.

“Shit.” He muttered, when he couldn’t find what he was looking for.

Sophie smiled and lightly giggled to herself, “What are you looking for?”

Peyton jumped and held a hand to his chest.

“Damn it Sophie, you scared me. I’m looking for my Newman Jersey. I felt like wearing it today.”

“Ah, I haven’t seen it.”

He looked at her, “You’re a big help, Fee.”

She winked at him, “You know it. Now, I’m still tired, I’m going back to sleep.”

Peyton nodded and watched as she rolled over, and snuggled into his comforter.

He closed his closet door and walked over to the bed.

Pulling back the covers, he slipped in next to her.

“Ugh, go away!” Sophie cried, ending with a laugh.

Peyton chuckled, “Please! Besides, Fee, this my bed.”

Sophie rolled over and smiled at him.

“That’s what I thought.”

She moved into him, and placed her head on his shoulder and he placed an arm around her.

“I’m not too sure about this party anymore, Pey. I feel it’s a recipe for disaster.”

Peyton sighed, “I dunno. We didn’t invite too many people. I’m not too worried.”

Sophie moaned, “I dunno Peyton. I just feel a disaster is waiting to happen.”

He groaned and covered her mouth with his hand, “Fee, please be quiet. Alright?”

She nodded and swiftly licked his hand.

He groaned again, “Fee, that was absolutely disgusting. What possessed you to do that?”

Sophie shrugged, “Absolutely no idea. I just felt like it.”

Peyton rolled his eyes and wiped off his hand.

“Come on, let’s get ready for tonight.”
____________________________________________________________________

When Sophie was completely satisfied that she looked her best in her jeans and cardigan, and that her hair and makeup looked perfect, was she ready to leave the house.

She exited her house and jumped down the porch stairs.

As she reached the Manning’s front door, she could hear a faint, yet steady, thump of music coming from inside.

She pushed open the front door and was met with a mass of bodies, the smell of booze and music.

People she recognized quickly said hello, as she pushed her way through the masses, into the kitchen.

Peyton was standing by the sink, watching as people poured themselves drinks, casually sipping on a Budweiser.

He smiled and raised his bottle to her when he caught her eye.

“I told you this was going to get out of hand.”

Peyton chuckled, “Calm down, Fee. Until something breaks, I’m not freaking out. Half the house is locked up anyways.”

Sophie rolled her eyes, “Whatever Peyton. Remember, I’m not a part of this if you get caught.”

He threw his arm around her, “Come on, let’s dance!”

Sophie groaned, “Since when do you like to dance?”

“Since the moment I decided to get your mind off this party.”

Peyton wriggled an eyebrow and held out his hand.

She crossed her arms over her chest.

“Come on. I know somewhere deep down you want to boogie.”

When she didn’t move, he took a step towards her and carried her into the living room.

Soon enough, the two got into the rhythm of the music, and were dancing away.

“Hey, have you seen Eli?”

Peyton shrugged, “I thought I saw him go upstairs earlier.”

Sophie took a step away from him, and Peyton quickly grabbed her around the waist, “I want to dance some more.”

Sophie grabbed at his arm, “Come on.”

They climbed the stairs, followed by a few wolf-whistles, which Sophie quickly flipped off.

When they reached the hallway, they walked towards Eli’s door, and as Sophie pushed the door open, Peyton tried to close it.

“Holy shit. Close the freaking door, Fee.”

Peyton said, just witnessing his brother in bed with a random blonde.

Sophie stood there, shocked, her eyes wide and her mouth slightly open.

“Fee?”

Peyton reached out to touch her, and she vacantly looked at him, “Don’t.”

She quickly turned and ran towards Peyton’s room.

“Shit.”

Peyton slowly followed her, and pushed open his door, and saw Sophie lying on his bed, crying into the pillow.

He sat on the edge of the bed, and began to rub her back.

“Fee, I’m really sorry.”

Sophie sobbed, “Yeah, me too.”

There was a brief moment of silence.

“You know, I thought him and I were a thing… obviously not.”

“I’m sure he had a little too much to drink. I mean, he may be my brother, but he can sure be a dumbass every now and then.”

She snorted, “Try all the time. He’s been so temperamental with me lately. He’s acting more like an asshole.”

Peyton chuckled, “Of course.”

Sophie glared at him, “You aren’t making this any easier.”

He smiled, “Nope. Alright, you’re staying here tonight. I’m going to shoo people out, clean up a little and then you and I are going to chill out tonight.”

She sat up, grabbed Peyton’s hand and stood from the bed, “I’ll help you clean up.”

They went down the stairs and were a little surprised that a small majority of people had already left.

Sophie was even more surprised at how easily Peyton managed to get the rest of the stragglers to leave.

‘I guess being 6’5 and weighing around 230 pounds can be pretty intimidating.’ Sophie thought as she held open the door.

Within minutes, the house was clear of bodies and they surveyed the damage.

They both groaned and grabbed trash bags from the kitchen.

“I’ll get the den and living room, you take the kitchen.” Sophie said, heading down the stairs.

As she bent over to pick up a few plastic red cups, she saw someone passed out on the floor.

Lightly nudging them, Sophie tried waking them up.

When they didn’t move, Sophie gave the man a swift kick to the ass, causing the guy to yelp, which in turn caused her to scream.

“Sophie!”

Peyton came crashing down the stairs and over to her, “Are you alright?”

She was clutching her chest, “I ‘m fine. I kicked him and he screamed, which caused me to scream.”

Peyton chuckled, and led the man to the front door.

She returned to cleaning the den and was careful not to break, or spill anything.

“Peyton, I’m finished with the den.”

He looked up at her from the sink and smiled, “Alright. Help me finish the kitchen and we can tackle the living room.”

Sophie grabbed bottle after bottle, red plastic cup after red plastic cup and placed them next to the sink for Peyton to empty.

After all the bottles were collected and emptied, they sorted them and brought the trash to the backdoor.

They made their way into the living room and quickly cleaned the room.

When they had finished, Peyton grabbed all the trash and brought it outside, and Sophie collapsed in a chair.

“God, I’m exhausted.”

Peyton laughed, “I know exactly what you mean.”

“I feel like watching a movie.”

He smiled and held out his arm to her, “Alright, let’s go pick one.”

Sophie crouched in front of the DVD collection, “Can we watch this? Please?”

She held up P.S. I Love You, and Peyton smiled, “Of course.”

He patted the space next to him and wrapped his arm around her shoulder as she sat down.

“How are you feeling?”

Sophie shrugged, “I dunno. I just want to forget that even happened.”

Peyton frowned, “I’m really sorry, Fee. I wish you didn’t see that either.”

She looked up at him and weakly smiled, “Thanks Pey.”

They stared at each other for a second too long and Peyton placed his palm on her cheek, and lightly rubbed her cheek bone with his thumb.

Color flushed to her cheeks and Sophie bit her lip, causing Peyton to smile.

Peyton quickly glanced down at her lips and back up to her eyes.

She smiled at him and blushed even deeper.

He chuckled and leaned forward to the point where Sophie could feel his breath on her lips.

Placing a finger under her chin, he brought her lips up to meet his.

Chills ran through her spine and she softly moaned into the kiss.

Peyton broke away from her smiling.

Sophie playfully glared at him and turned back to the movie.

He softly chuckled, wrapped his arm around her tighter and kissed the top of her head, before turning his attention to the TV.
______________________________________________________
The movie finished and the two were reluctant to get up.

“It’s late. I should probably go home.” Sophie sighed, standing up.

Peyton nodded, “Let me walk you home at least?”

She smiled, “Of course. It’s hard to turn down a gentleman.”

They walked up to the kitchen, and Sophie grabbed her keys from the top of the fridge.

On their way out the door, they quickly surveyed the house for any missed cups and stopped on the porch.

Peyton checked the porch for stragglers and grabbed Sophie’s hand.

She quickly glanced up at him and down at their hands.

They stepped off the porch and towards her house.

Sophie smiled at him, “I appreciate you walking me home.”

He nodded, “Well it’s late. You never know who could be around.”

Sophie laughed, “Of course. Well, I’ll see you tomorrow?”

Peyton nodded and lightly kissed her, “Goodnight Fee.”

She unlocked her door and turned back to him, “Goodnight Pey.”

He waved to her and jumped off the porch.

Sophie closed the door behind her and watched him stuff his hands into his pockets and disappear down the sidewalk.

Once she was sure he was out of range, she loudly squealed and jumped around.

When she finished, she was startled by the doorbell ringing.

Pulling back the curtain, she saw Peyton standing there looking embarrassed.

“Can I help you?”

He smiled, “I locked myself out. Can I climb through your window?”

Sophie swung the door open and closed it when he entered.

“Come on, silly.”

Peyton followed her upstairs and she quickly turned on her lamp.

“Alright Pey, be careful, going home. Um, don’t fall out of the tree.”

He chuckled and grabbed her by the waist, “Next time you feel like squealing, you may want to make sure whoever made you squeal isn’t on their way back to your front door.”

Sophie blushed, “You are mean!”

Peyton smiled, “Nah, not at all.”

She bit her lip and closed the gap between them, wrapping her hands around his neck, standing on her tippy toes.

She broke the kiss, and whispered, “You best go… can’t be getting into trouble.”

He nodded and opened the window, crawling onto the tree and into his room.

Stripping to her pajamas, she threw her hair into a bun and unmade her bed.

A light across the way caught her eye, and she saw Eli standing there, glaring at her.

Ignoring him, she turned off her light and crawled into bed.

Little did she know; he had seen the whole thing.