Blitz

Fever

With the feeling of sweat covering her body, Sophie awoke, and quickly opened her windows.

Heat poured in through the cracks, forcing her to close them again.

“Holy shit!” She muttered, stripping down to her underwear.

Ducking into her bathroom, Sophie grabbed her bathing suit and towel, and quickly changed.

Skipping down the stairs, she made her way into her kitchen. She pulled fruit, milk and ice cubes from the fridge and a banana from the counter.

Placing them into a blender, she made a quick smoothie, and dumped it into a cup.

Grabbing a straw, Sophie ducked out of the kitchen and out onto the porch. Shielding her eyes from the sun, she made her way down to the pool.

She placed her book and smoothie on the deck table, and draped her towel over a chair.

Walking to the edge of the pool, she threw her arms over her head, bounced a few times and dove into the water.

Coming to the surface, she wiped the water from her face and breathed a sigh of content.

She climbed out of the pool and dried her hands, sat on the chair and picked up her book.

She kicked her legs onto the chair and opened her book to where she left off.

“Hey..”

Sophie glanced up to see Eli standing there, his hands in his pockets.

“Hey Eli, what’s up?”

He stood there in silence, staring at her.

Finally, Eli shrugged and opened his mouth, “So, you and Peyton, eh?”

Sophie looked up at him, “What do you mean?”

He glared at her and rolled his eyes, “Don’t play stupid with me. I saw you two last night.”

She cocked an eyebrow, “Really? Then what about us, Eli? I thought we were a ‘couple’.”

“What are you talking about?”

“I saw you last night… with that blonde, and I don’t me just hanging all over her. I saw you sleeping together.”

Eli’s jaw dropped.

“And you stand there, lecturing me about kissing your brother. Hell, at least he cares about my feelings!”

Eli laughed, “Please. What’s going to happen when he goes back to college in the fall? … Wait, are you sleeping with him?”

Sophie pursed her lips, and closed her book.

She stood swiftly, hands on her hips, face turning red, “You have a lot of nerve Elisha Nelson Manning!”

She threw her head back and laughed, “I’m not going to dignify that with a response.”

Grabbing her towel , she stepped around him, and climbing onto the porch.

Hanging her towel in the laundry room, she climbed the back staircase and pushed open the door to her room.

She walked past the person sitting on her bed and into the bathroom.

Quickly backtracking, she saw Peyton sitting on her bed.

“Hey…”

He gave her a small smile, “I heard you fighting with Eli.”

She dropped her gaze, “Oh…”

Peyton patted the spot next to him.

When she sat next to him, he placed his arm around her shoulder.

“Sophie, listen. I know you two are close, but he had no right to talk to you like that, or accuse you of things you didn’t do.”

Sophie placed her head on his shoulder and he rubbed her back.

“Thanks Pey. Crap, I’m getting you all wet.”

She said, picking her head up from his shoulder.

“Listen, Fee. I don’t want you to listen to the shit Eli says. He’s pissed that you’re “with” me instead of him.”

Sophie looked at him and quickly looked down.

“Come on, Fee. Besides, I’m much cuter.”

He flashed a sly grin, and placed a finger under her chin, raising her head.

She smiled at him, and he quickly kissed her.

“And a better kisser,” She winked and rested her head on his shoulder again.

“Oh, really now? Are you sure?”

Peyton asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

“Actually, I think he’s a better kisser… you’re more passionate driven and he’s less driven.”
Sophie yelled to him as she changed in the bathroom.

“I guess that’s good though, right?”

She emerged from the bathroom and smiled, “Well, I’d say so.”

Standing in front of him, she placed her arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around her waist.

Gently, she pushed him and sent both of them flying onto the bed.

Peyton rolled on top of her and gently places his hand on her waist and kissed her.

Sophie stared at him, a small smile on her lips.

“You know Fee; you have beautiful eyes and a gorgeous smile.”

Sophie rolled her eyes, and covered her face, “Peyton, stop!”

He chuckled and kissed her again.

“God, why is it so hot!?”

She shrugged, “No idea. It’s ridiculous though.”

Peyton nodded and lay back on the bed.

Sophie lay next to him, placing her hands under her head.

“So, what are your plans after graduation?”

“No idea, hopefully play for the NFL.”

She playfully rolled her eyes, “Of course, duh!”

Glaring, he replied, “What about you?”

Sophie shrugged, “I don’t know yet Pey. I want to say Journalism.”

He leaned up on his left arm and looked at her, “Sophie, go for it. Do what makes you happy, babe.”

She smiled at him, and scooted closer, “Did you just call me babe? You are absolutely adorable.”

This time, Peyton rolled his eyes, and placed his hand on her cheek; stroking it with his thumb.

“I’m serious Fee. Do whatever makes you happy.”

Sophie leaned forward and lightly kissed him on the lips.

“Yep, you are adorable.”

Peyton smiled, “No, you are.”

They smiled at each other and laid there in silence, Sophie stayed wrapped in his arms.

Slowly, they began to doze off, when Sophie’s name was called from downstairs.

“Are you home?”

She tumbled off the bed and out into the hall, “Yes.”

Her father looked at her and smiled, “Oh, hello Peyton.”

“Hello Mr. Hansen. How was your weekend?”

He groaned, “Not bad. Your father and I enjoyed the golf course. Didn’t see much of the wives, so we, I mean I enjoyed it.”

“Well at least you enjoyed yourself, sir.”

Mark smiled at him, “You got that right Peyton.”

Peyton smiled.

“Well, I’ll let you two get back to what you were up to.”

As he turned to walk away, the front door opened and Deborah stepped into the house.

“Mark, why is it so hot in here?” She asked, walking into the foyer.

He shrugged, “I must have forgotten to the A.C. on before we left. Sorry Fee.”

She smiled, “No worries. I went swimming.”

Mark nodded, “Alright, well…”

He quickly ducked out of the room causing Sophie to laugh, “Weirdo.”

“I heard that!”

Peyton smiled, “Ah, what a weekend.”

She smiled at him and she walked into her room.

“Overall, it was a good weekend.”

Peyton sat down at her desk and frowned.

“I should probably head home. I have to work around the house tomorrow.”

Sophie smiled, “Go home then. Don’t worry about me. If you really want you can hang out afterwards.”

He stood up and walked over to her, wrapping his arms around her.

“Alright Fee, I will see you tomorrow.”

She smiled up at him, “Are you going through the window, or do you want me to walk you to the door, like a normal person?”

Peyton chuckled, “I should go downstairs, so your parents aren’t suspicious.”

She nodded.

Peyton grabbed her hand, and laced his fingers with hers.

They walked down the stairs and stopped in front of the door.

“Alright,” He said turning and facing her, “I will see you later?”

Sophie smiled, and bit her lip.

He smiled, and placed a hand on her cheek.

She looked up at him and he swooped down, gently kissing her.

“Have a goodnight, Fee.”

“Night Pey.”

He smiled and stepped out onto the porch.

Sophie smiled in return and closed the door behind him.

“So Miss Sophia… what was that all about?”

She jumped, and quickly turned to see her parents standing in the doorway.

Her cheeks turned bright red, “Oh, you know... nothing.”

Deborah covered her mouth and ducked back into the kitchen.

“Sorry Dad.”

Mark smiled, “No worries hun. Peyton is a good kid, just be careful.”

She smiled at him and quickly ran upstairs.

Before she closed her door, her Dad called up the stairs after her, “We’re ordering Chinese; do you want your usual?”

Sophie nodded and ducked into her room.

She cracked open the windows and began to strip down to her underwear.

Grabbing a towel, she stepped into her bathroom and got into the shower.