Hello, Can You Please Stop Haunting Me?

dix.

In a nutshell, he killed only one person that night – his own little sister.

But…he felt as if he killed much more lives that night.

The other car suffered severe damage. The car, apparently, rolled a couple of times on the road before crashing into a tree. The 20-year-old driver, Xavier wasn’t dead. No, Jeremy gave him a much harder time than that. Xavier’s left leg was trapped, crushed. The last time Jeremy saw him, it was in a hospital when he tried to apologize but Xavier punched Jeremy as a reply, screaming crude words, spitting all over his face before punching him again.

He almost welcomed the pain.

Xavier was a Business Law student who loved to hang out at the beach and joined plenty of marathons. Jeremy didn’t blame Xavier for wanting him dead. He took away his leg. His life. Even Xavier’s parents hated him and maybe Jeremy took their lives away too, crushing them into a miserable pile of dust.

And then there was his family. The pain and misery he caused seemed to grow more and more by each day. He wasn’t a rich kid. He was well-off, yes, but not ultra-rich as people sometimes assumed he was. Everything started going downhill then because he was facing all sorts of charges. Xavier’s parents were suing him, he was charged with DUI, manslaughter and under-age drinking. He stopped coming to tracks team practices after that. He gave up trying to run for the finish line.

Usually, the finish line would be clear in his eyes, practically engraved in his mind. After that accident, it was as if he was running aimlessly away, no longer concentrating on the finish line – no longer concentrating on victory and what awaits beyond that line. No. He was running in circles, drowning in his own sweat, tears and excruciating thoughts that seemed to rip his heart bit by bit with each breath he took – a slow, torturous pain.

Maybe it was because his super-expensive-lawyer was so good (or maybe was so bad), that the trials went on forever. They eventually settled the lawsuit issue, and then there were those charges. It went for so long. It got harder to breathe afterwards. Harder to face his family. Harder to hear Amelia’s sobs when she heard their parents fight. Harder to drag his feet to school. Harder to do everything.

They were broke, because of him. They lost everything, because of him. His parents broke up because of the financial issues and the pain that they endured was just too intense that the both of them couldn’t reach each other for help anymore. So Jeremy’s dad turned to alcohol and his mom just drifted through life.

It was harder to breathe, it was harder to live.

And suddenly he saw the finish line again.

But instead of victory and joy he knew he’d get when he crossed it, it ended his life. He thought the glow would offer him joy again, that it would be easier to everyone and himself. But it wasn’t a win-win situation. Everyone lost. Everyone he ‘killed’ would be miserable for god knows how long.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bah. I feel as if there's no use promising you guys a long chapter since I desperately want to write and get away from my own issues but don't have enough time to sit properly and write a 3-pages worth of chapter. I'm sorry.

Thanks for commenting and subscribing, and hope you've enjoyed :P