Hello, Can You Please Stop Haunting Me?

quinze.

She slammed her locker shut, startled by the slightest pressure on her shoulder. Turning around frantically, she saw Zach, standing tall and looking handsome in his black shirt and dark jeans. Her eyes hovered over his silver skull ring that hugged his finger and she raised an eyebrow.

“What? It’s not wrong to wear it, is it?” He said, feeling a bit irked.

“I didn’t say anything,” Eliza said, smiling serenely.

He eyed her suspiciously, trying to grasp a single idea for a comeback in his head but after failing to do so, he let out a sigh and said, “Are you going to the cafeteria?” he said and she shook her head. “Not going with your friends…?”

“Nope. They’re all kind of busy today.”

Kind of, considering she just saw Julie making out with someone 5 minutes ago.

Zach offered his arm. “Let me accompany you on this fine day, milady.”

Eliza snorted but looped her arm through his anyway.

“Certainly, kind sir.”

Unbeknownst to the two friends, Jeremy was floating a couple feet away from them, watching the two of them with sheer curiosity.

~ * ~ * ~* ~ * ~ * ~ *~

A nervous sigh.

And then a knock.

“Do you like him?” Jeremy said finally after being silent for such a long time. It wasn’t normal of him to do so. And considering what Eliza was doing for him, the silence coming from Jeremy was like finding a cow on the moon. It was just not possible.

“Who?” She whispered.

“Him. You know, Zach.”

“Of course I do?” She said, confused by her friend’s sudden question. “He’s a great company to be with.”

“You should ring the bell. It’s over there,” he said, pointing to the bell.

“…I know that,” she said stupidly and did as she was told.

“Uh-huh. And that’s not the ‘like’ I’m talking about. I’m talking about, ‘like’ like, you know?”

“I can’t see the point behind your sentence that’s practically drenched with vagueness.”

“Eliza!” He said, frustrated.
“What?!” She exclaimed, equally frustrated.

At that exact moment, the door swung open. And a petite but pretty girl was standing in front of her, staring at Eliza with the same curious expression that Eliza saw on her brother’s face.

Amelia Pike.

The 15-year-old girl had long, slightly wavy auburn hair that was tied up into a ponytail. Like her brother, she had freckles – only slightly darker. The freckles brought her light blue eyes to life, for some reason. Eliza smiled, feeling shy all of a sudden.

“We haven’t met before. I’m Eliza Harvey,” she said, extending an arm. Amelia hesitantly shook her hand.

“My mom’s not home right now…” she trailed off. Her voice soft and gentle.

“I’m not looking for your mother, Mia. At least...not now.”

“What are you talking about?”

“I’m looking for you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I just hope my grammar and style of writing aren't too damaging for this chapter. It's exam week next week, and for some stupid reason I joined a competition (photography AND essay writing) that's deadline is within my exam week. Bloody hell, bloody hell!

So any slow updates for now, I apologize in advance! When there's a free time in my exam schedule, I'll try to write a bit.

The comments I received are lovely, and it really somehow motivates me to write better and more. So sincerely, thank you for all the wonderful comments and support! Thanks for reading, and I hope you've enjoyed this one :)