Hello, Can You Please Stop Haunting Me?

vingt.

Unbeknownst to Eliza, something really bad was brewing up the moment she kissed Zach. She was just too absent-minded to notice. She was just too damn absorbed in trying to help Jeremy that she didn’t realize that the person she was helping wasn’t in the mood to cooperate. That the person that she was trying to help didn’t really want to go through another depressing ordeal, facing the people that he left behind. The people he ultimately scarred.

“Someone looks happy,” her mother said, breaking Eliza out of her trance. Eliza blushed and concentrated on trying to swallow her spaghetti. And she was surprisingly happy. It was a long time since she ever felt that burst of happiness, wrapping itself around her protectively. Maybe that was where the problem started. Happiness would eventually lead to more pain.

Later that night, on her way to Jeremy’s place, Jeremy didn’t even once spoke. It was as if he was spiraling into an even deeper depression and if Eliza were to notice that night, there was a pained look crossing his face. It was as if he wanted to kill himself all over again, but instead of dying and becoming a wandering soul, he wanted it all to just end.

The door was ajar.

“This isn’t a good idea, Eliza,” Jeremy’s trembling voice could be heard from behind her.

And then a crash was heard coming from inside the house. Panic shot through Eliza’s veins.

“What was that?”

“Eliza—”

She pushed the door open hurriedly and ran inside.

“Eliza!” Mia’s voice screamed once she saw Eliza walking through the door. She clung to Eliza’s arm, fear painted her expression. “Mom asked me to get out and get help. I—I don’t know…what to do,” she stammered, her words tumbling out in a hurry. Eliza looked at Jeremy and he was at loss for words.

“Where’s your mother?” She asked and Mia said that she was upstairs with her dad. Somehow her dad got into the house, more erratic than ever.

Eliza ran upstairs.

“Call for help, Eliza. Don’t do this, you’ll get fucking hurt!” Jeremy scolded.

“But if I don’t, your mom would be hurt herself long before help arrives!” She yelled back and opened the door harshly. And instantly, the muffled sounds of crashes, screams and sobbing were amplified, sending shivers down her spine.

“No, stop!” She screamed when she saw the gruesome sight of Jeremy’s father holding his mother by her wrist. He had an empty bottle of vodka up in the air, ready to strike. But it was as if she wasn’t even there. So she ran and lunged forward for the bottle, stopping Mr. Pike as his arm swung down.

“STOP!” She screamed sternly, feeling the pain shooting up her arms as the man in front of her was stronger.

“Mom, get out of here,” Jeremy hissed, desperation drenched his voice. And it was as if her mom heard him. Confusion crossed her face before she crawled away from the room, but not too far away that she would leave Eliza behind.

And when Jeremy was focusing on getting her mother out of the house, they heard a loud thud.

Jeremy turned around just to see Eliza clutching the side of her head.

“For fuck’s sake, Eliza!” He screamed. He so wanted to do something – anything, really – to calm the situation down but he couldn’t. And he hated himself for that. He never felt as pathetic as he did when the only thing he could do was stand by and watch Eliza trying to stop the sorry excuse for a father he had.

Mr. Pike muttered something under his breath that Eliza couldn’t quite catch, but it was definitely an insult aimed towards her. And when he deemed that Eliza was a worthless nobody, he turned around tipsily, searching for Jeremy’s mother.

Eliza looked around as Mr. Pike made his way drunkenly towards Jeremy’s mom. With much difficulty, Eliza slowly stood up and struggled to get her balance back.

“The candlestick,” Jeremy said, pointing on top of the dresser. Without hesitation, Eliza took the brass candlestick and with all her might, rammed it against the side of his father’s head. He fell down and Eliza quickly ran out of the room along with Jeremy’s mother.

“Damn it, damn it!” Jeremy yelled over and over again.

They met Mia outside of the house. She held a phone.

“I’ve called the cops.”

“You guys should’ve done that…a long time ago,” Eliza said through gritted teeth, panting heavily.

And then everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sometimes, I feel scared when I feel happy because a short while later, something bad/depressing might happen. True story.

Thanks to all of my ever-so-brilliant readers, with the comments and subscriptions and all! No words can explain how important you guys are to me :) Hope you've enjoyed this one, I might not be able to update in the next few days.