Hello, Can You Please Stop Haunting Me?

vingt et un.

Mia smiled stiffly at Eliza’s mother, Rosalyn and her boyfriend, James Davidson.

So did Zach who waltzed into the door shortly after he heard the news from Jeremy. Rosalyn was getting frantic. After her husband died, Addie didn’t seem to give a damn about her family. Addie would leave in the middle of dinner and there wasn’t anything Rosalyn could do to stop her. She tried to ground Addie once but shortly after, she ran away from home. Eliza, James and Rosalyn had to go through so much trouble to find her.

That night, sitting beside Eliza was Addie. Anxiety mixed with a tinge of confusion clouded her eyes as she looked from one person to another.

After getting scolded by her own daughter, Rosalyn finally realized she wasn’t doing a good enough job either. Even though she was angry towards Eliza for a couple of days afterwards, it was James who talked her out of her anger and asked her to think about it thoroughly because he felt as if Eliza had her points. And they were strong yet hurtful points.

Addie moved the ice pack a little bit over the left.

Zach felt anxious under the glares of Rosalyn. If it weren’t for his conscience he might have burst out screaming, “Alright, you’ve caught us. Eliza was just simply trying to help her dead friend. It’s not really a major deal. It’s just that she got hit by a drunken man. No big deal.”

No. He couldn’t.

Could he?

He gave himself a mental slap.

“It was me,” Mia squeaked to everyone’s surprise. Their eyes were on her.

“I…I called her for help. She was in the neighborhood, you see. I guess she wanted to talk to me or something,” she said, giggling. A high-pitched, completely unnatural giggle. “But when she came to my house the door was open because my dad broke in and…”

She told them everything, leaving the part out about Jeremy.

“You guys are making such a big deal out of this,” muttered Eliza.

“That’s because it is a big deal,” Rosalyn hissed. “What is with you and trying to save everything and everyone? Remember that time you almost gave me a heart attack when you climbed up the tree to save that stupid cat that nearly clawed your eyeball out?”

“I was 6. People do stupid things when they were 6, mother.”

Her mother sighed, feeling frustrated. “The problem here is that you’re not 6 anymore, Ellie,” she said. “You should know better.”

“And let the poor woman get beaten up instead?” She shot back.

Silence.

“I just don’t want to see you get hurt,” her mother said, tears filling her eyes. “Promise me you won’t do anything like that, ever again.”

“I can’t promise you that—”

“Eliza.”

She cringed.

“I’ll…I’ll try.”

About half an hour later, her mother told everyone that it was getting late and the teenagers before her eyes should get some rest as they had school for tomorrow, with the exception of Eliza and Mia of course. Zach decided to go home because he left in quite a hurry. He feared that his own mother would be worried about him.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” he whispered and Eliza managed a cheerful grin, even though her head was pounding.

Jeremy looked from one person to another. He slumped in one of the chairs, feeling exhausted and useless all at the same time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wrote this one in a hurry too. Can't reply to all of the comments right now. Internet's being loopy.
And the quitting part is just an April Fool's prank, for those of you who haven't got it yet :P Thanks for reading and subscribing and the comments brighten up my week. By 10 folds. So thank you guys!

I'll scan through this for any grammar errors if I have the time. Sorry 'bout that. Gotta go <3