Hello, Can You Please Stop Haunting Me?

vingt-sept.

“I have an idea,” Jeremy said, appearing out of the blue. Eliza jumped, startled at his sudden appearance. Oh, how everything turned out liked this, she wondered bitterly. The last time she saw Jeremy was at the cemetery where they found out that Xavier was already deceased before he sternly told her to leave him alone. That felt like ages ago.

And ever since then everything seemed to have screwed up.

Eliza removed the towel from her head and tossed it on her bed. “Can it wait?” She asked. “I have to get ready for school now.”

She restrained herself from adding, “unlike someone, I have to worry about the pop quiz that my Algebra teacher is so fond of giving.”

“No, it can’t. It’s a matter of life and death! I think,” he added, pondering on the expression ‘life and death’ and shook his head. “I’ve got to tell you something.”

“What is it?” Eliza said, faking a yawn. To be completely honest, Zach’s words got to her. She was exhausted juggling school, her personal life and helping Jeremy all at the same time. She feared that her GPA might drop and she would face a lot of sickening alphabets if she couldn’t figure out how to manage her time.

She wondered about Zach. That stupid fight wouldn’t happen in the first place when she wasn’t so offended that Jeremy told her to leave that roughly. A few weeks after that, he still won’t budge from the burial grounds.

“Why is it that every time we meet, it must always be about Jeremy?” She remembered Zach sighing out loud.

“Not always,” Eliza retorted.

“Okay then,” Zach began, smiling sarcastically. “Nearly always.”

Jeremy got her out of her trance with, “are you okay?”

“Fine and dandy,” she muttered. He asked Eliza to sit down and began his little ‘speech’ by apologizing profusely for his sudden absence. After that, he told Eliza what Zach did for him. How Zach met Xavier before Xavier died. And how Zach suddenly stormed to the cemetery to confront Jeremy out of the blue.

Eliza didn’t dare to tell Jeremy about the fight that she had with Zach.

“Then, why are you still here?” She asked.

“Because what Zach said made me realize something. My job here isn’t done yet,” he explained. “I was so absorbed thinking about everyone involved in the car crash the most that I forgot who my real friends…” he trailed off, unable to say anymore.

“I need a name in order for me to help you, Jeremy,” Eliza said, getting slightly impatient.

“Zachary Harper.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Made this in 30 minutes. 433 words. Darn, I'm slow.
Sorry for the vagueness of the last chapter, hope this would clear things out just that wee bit. And you know, I've been thinking about how Zach feel all this while. More or less, I came up with "Maybe he feels used."

Anywaaay, I'm posting up chapters in a row because I'm afraid I can't update within the span of 2-3 weeks of mid-term exam. Hopefully, if I get sick of studying I'd still have time to update a tad more ;D

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND SUBSCRIBING OMG *fangirling*
And all of those comments! If it weren't for them, this story might not get this far. So thank you so so so so much.