Hello, Can You Please Stop Haunting Me?

trois.

Eliza was sitting on a bench, staring up at the sky. The clouds were floating lazily across the vast blue canvas that was kissed with a pretty shade of violet. The beautiful sight made her slip into a peaceful reverie. Her slightly trembling fingers played with the corners of the wrapper of the sandwich that she devoured just a few minutes ago.

A guffaw erupted from the person sitting beside her.

"You're going to just ignore me, aren't you?" said the person, bringing her back to reality. Or at least, what seemed to be reality. "I'm 90% sure that you can see me. And there might be a slight chance that you know me too."

Eliza shifted uncomfortably in her seat. She was trying to ignore him, in fact. For all she knew, Jeremy Pike was dead. Therefore, he wasn't alive. Hence, he was…well, dead.

Her curiosity was tugging the corner of her conscience, though. She tried hard not to look sideways but in the end, she surreptitiously sneaked a glance. Once more, her breath was caught in her throat. She let out a strangled cough and looked up towards the sky again.

God, she whispered in her heart. Why are you making me go insane now?

"What's your name?" What-Supposed-to-Be-Jeremy-Pike asked.

"You're dead," she muttered under her breath.

"Well, hello You're Dead. I'm Jeremy Pike."

Eliza realized that her jaw was hanging slightly open again and instantly clamped her lips together, feeling frustrated. She let out a sigh, running her hand through her wind-blown, tangled hair. "No," she repeated. "No, no. You're dead. There is no way this conversation is happening."

"But it is," he said, cocking his head and looking confused. Eliza blushed furiously. She was literally speechless for a few minutes. The both of them sat there in silence and Eliza swore she could here Jeremy or whatever humming a Coldplay tune whilst moving his legs back and forth. Her head suddenly felt light.

"E-Eliza. Eliza Harvey," she murmured, forcing herself to look at the person sitting next to her. He was the split image of Jeremy Pike himself. Unlike earlier where he suddenly appear in front of her all hazy and blurry, he was sitting next to her looking almost solid.

"Hmm?" said Jeremy, staring back at her intently. He smiled. "Eliza," he repeated. "What a pretty name."

"Thank you," she said, confused.

"I saw you," he said, his eyes were focused on a little red-headed girl holding a balloon. She was in her mother's arms. "I saw you before I died, didn't I? You were trying to help me, I suppose."

Eliza grimaced. She didn't want to remember how she had ran up to the railings, stretching her arms out as if her arms could suddenly be longer. She bit her lip.

This was madness.

She got up and walked to her car.

"Can I come with you?" Jeremy said, sounding interested. Eliza shook her head 'no'. She was done talking to her pigment of imagination. Time to get back to the real reality.

Jeremy, being Jeremy, followed her anyway.
♠ ♠ ♠
The meeting :D Wrote more than half of this in-flight. I found out that turbulence + hot coffee + laptop is a bad combination. Whoops.

Anyhow, thanks so much for subscribing and commenting you guys. You've no idea how much I appreciate them :)