Hello, Can You Please Stop Haunting Me?

cinq.

Eliza was pretty sure she looked frightened and tired at the same time. She didn't know how to react. She wasn't even going to make sense of what was floating above her, staring at her intently as if she was a penguin in some zoo and he was a 4-year-old kid waiting for the penguin to do a trick.

After a solid 5 minutes of doing nothing but pointless stare-off, Eliza finally sighed and waved her hand around before rolling to her sides and trying to get some rest.

"Can you just hear me out?" Jeremy said but Eliza snatched a pillow next to her and covered her face with it. Jeremy sighed heavily, running a hand through his hair before he swooped down and sat right on top of Eliza. With a jolt, she kicked Jeremy away only to have her foot passing through him – a sensation that she was beginning to abhor.

"Stop doing that, it freaks me out," said Jeremy.

"You freak me out," Eliza wailed. "Just go!"

"Look, if I was the product of your imagination, then you can just make me go away. And guess what? I'm still here! WHY HELLO!" Jeremy yelled straight into her ear. Eliza got out of bed and stormed downstairs.

"You are so close-minded, do you know that?" Jeremy said, floating behind her as she made her way hurriedly to their front yard. The cool midnight breeze woke her up. The moonlight shone brightly, casting eerie shadows around the neighborhood. The feeling evoked from the shadows made her realize that she was supposed to feel that way towards Jeremy, the ghost. She turned around and tried to keep her mind open about all of this, chucking away any logical reasoning she might have in her system.

"Come here," Eliza said, motioning for Jeremy to move closer to her. He walked silently towards her. Out of the corner of her eyes, she could see that he was a couple centimeters off the ground. When he stopped directly in front of Eliza, she reached out and tried to touch his shoulder. Not surprisingly this time, her hand went through him, sending an icy sensation through her entire body. Eliza yanked her arm back, staring blankly at Jeremy.

The icy feeling was almost the same with what she experienced when she fell into the frozen lake when she was a kid, she thought bitterly.

"Convinced you yet?" said Jeremy.

"In consideration," she replied and turned away, hiding a small smile from Jeremy.
♠ ♠ ♠
A short one. Sorry about that.
As usual, much love for the comments and subscribing. Thanks for reading, guys :)