Hello, Can You Please Stop Haunting Me?

six.

The translucent being followed her. Sometimes he talked endlessly about random things like gummy bears and liquorices to the weather. And sometimes, he just followed her around without saying anything. She shifted in her bed, feeling all sorts of exhaustion before finally going to sleep. Eliza’s last view before she drifted off to her dreams was Jeremy sitting on the edge of her bed, muttering a good night.

And then with a lonesome look, he vanished.

---

The next day, Jeremy appeared beside Eliza when she was on her way down the stairs.

“Good morning!” He said with a cheerful tone, even though he probably knew Eliza saw the pain behind his eyes as soon as he appeared. “What’s for breakfast?”

“Nothing you can eat,” she mumbled.

“Hey, Addie!” Eliza called out when she saw her little sister taking her black bag and swinging it over her shoulder, making her way swiftly to the doorway. “Aren’t you going to have breakfast?” Eliza asked. Addie looked annoyed, which made Eliza annoyed. She didn’t need Addie to be such a little brat so early in the morning.

“No, I’m going out with my friends.”

“Where’s mom?”

“Having a quickie with James, probably,” she said, rolling her eyes before stomping out the door. Jeremy looked at Eliza with a raised eyebrow. She just shook her head. The everyday life of Eliza Harvey, she thought, sighing out loud. She made her way to the kitchen. Eliza tiptoed, her fingers just barely reaching the handle of the cupboard before pulling the dark wooden door open and reaching in for a box of cereal.

“Where did you go last night?” She asked Jeremy as she tipped the cereal into a bowl.

“Home,” he replied curtly. “You know how I eat my cereal? With black coffee and ice cream. Delicious, I’m telling you! You should definitely try it.”

“Jeremy--” Eliza started but she was instantly cut off by the hovering guy next to her. Eh, she tried.

“What? I know it’s a little bit weird but I swear to god I eat that for almost every breakfast. Well, ate.”

Eliza poured milk into her bowl, staring at the ripples of the white, creamy liquid. She assumed he didn’t want to talk about home yet.

Yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another short chapter? Really?
Yes, well. I'm so sorry for the tardiness and the lack of er, meaningful updates. I've been so swamped lately. I'll promise to try and make the next one as long as possible. Thanks for sticking with this story still, you guys!

Enjoy :)

P.S: Oh, almost forgot. Happy Holidays! :D