Haunting

Baseball

Grant's idea of "somewhere fun" happened to be the local park.

On the way there, they made a quick pit stop at Jason and Grant's houses, and grabbed a few key items, such as; a few gloves, a bat, and a baseball.

"Alright, this is baseball Ghost Hunters style," Jason explained as everyone stood around home plate, "Grant and I are team captains. We should have enough people for each team.."

He did a quick head count, and saw there were short quite a few people.

"Guess we need to make some phone calls before we officially get started."

A few minutes later, the phone calls were made and everyone had agreed to come and were on their way.
____________________________________________________________

When everyone had finally arrive, they quickly introduced Addyson to them all, and Jason began to explain the rules.

"Ghost Hunters baseball goes as such,Grant and I are always, always, ALWAYS, team captains. Got a problem with it? That's just too damn bad."

Everyone laughed and allowed Jason to continue with the rules.

"We pretty much play by the same rules of baseball,but we don't have eighteen players."

Jason looked over to Grant, "Anything you might want to add?"

Grant made a face and shook his head, "Nah, but let's get started!"

Jason looked up and down the line, "Team Jason will make it's first pick, and I choose.. Steve."

Steve cheered loudly, and jogged into line behind Jason.

Grant chuckled, "Well since you took Steve, I'll take Tango."

Steve audibly groaned behind Jason, and muttered, "Shit."

The line laughed and Steve flipped them all off.

Jason quickly studied the line, "Barry."

Grant looked at Jason, "Rob."

Jason grimaced, "Andy."

"Addyson."

Barry slapped his hand to his face and a loud groan escaped his mouth, "Shite boys, we might as well hang up our towels."

Jason gave him a dirty look, "Brian."

Grant gave Barry a dirty smile, "Dustin."

"Keith!"

"Carl!"

"Kristan!"

"KRIS!"

"PAULAA!"

"MIKEEE!!"

Jason and Grant looked at each other and smirked, "Alright, enough of this childishness. Let's flip a coin, and get playing."

Everyone screamed in approval and headed into the dugouts, waiting to find out who'd bat first.

Grant studied his team, "Addyson, I want you to over there and make sure they bat first."

Addyson looked at him questioningly, "Why let 'em bat first? Doesn't that mean that they have the chance ta up us on runs?"

Grant looked at her, reasoning apparent on his face, "Ah, whatever. Just go win us something."

She nodded, and ducked out of the dugout and made her way to home plate, where Jason stood a quarter in his hand, and saw Steve stairing at her as she approached.

"Alright Addyson, since you're the only legitamate girl here, we'll let you call first."

Addyson gave Jason a small smile, and narrowed her eyes at Steve, "Heads."

Jason flipped the coin and watched it fall to the ground, sending up a small pouf of dust.

She watched as Steve crossed his fingers, possibly praying that it was heads.

"What do you want, feilding or batting?"

Addyson looked over to Steve and gave him a small wink, "We'll take batting."

Steve groaned, "Damn Team Grant already!"

Addyson cutely smiled at Jason and Steve and flipped her hair as she quickly walked away from the festering men.

Team Grant watched in anticipation as she ducked back into the dugout.

"Batter up!"
_______________________________________________________

Addyson sat on the bench and watched as Grant made his way to the batters box and quickly stretched before setting foot inside the box itself.

Team Grant cheered as Grant stepped into the box and threw nasty comments towards Jason, such as; 'We want a pitcher, not a belly itcher!'

Jason nodded to the catcher, and wound up for the pitch.

The ball smoothly glided over home plate, just as Grant swung.

They connected and Grant guided the ball towards the outfield.

Both teams watched as the ball traveled all the way towards center field, and cried out when it landed inches from Keith.

Grant took the opportunity to run like hell.

As he rounded first, the ball was making it's way to second base already.

Steve caught the ball and taunted Grant with it.

Grant shook his head and made his way back to first base.

Tango was up next.

He stood awkwardly in the batter’s box, and made a few practice cuts before he nodded he was ready.

Steve took the chance to call out, “Everyone move forward."

Tango gave Steve a dirty look and said, “I’d watch out if I were you. I played baseball all the way through high school.”

Steve retaliated by giving him a dirty look, “Try me Tango!”

“Hey girls, stop bickering.” Jason yelled at them as he got ready to pitch.

Steve shut his mouth and kept an eye on Grant.

Tango swung as the ball came nearer, unfortunately he missed, and Steve howled with laughter.

Tango groaned, and waited for the next pitch.

Jason threw a curve ball and Tango smiled as he noticed the familiar curve.

Bat connected with ball and it soared through the air, past Steve, past Keith and smoothly sailed over the fence for a homerun.

As Tango ran to second base, he quirked an eyebrow at Steve and laughed at his expression.'

The boys ran into home and crowded around the entrance to the dug out, to congratulate Tango on his homerun.

"Way to go Tango!"

Everyone shouted as they clapped his back, and finally let him into the dugout.

"Addyson, you're up!"

Grant said, handing her the heavy aluminum bat.

Addyson nodded, grabbed the bat and marched her way towards the batters box.

When she stepped between the white chalked lines, Barry started shouting random things to Team Jason.

"Ay, alright boyos. Addyson 'ere is quiet a slugger. I'd back me arse up I I were ya."

Everyone stopped to look at Jason, who merely shrugged his shoulders.

"Alright guys, listen to Barry and move back."

Steve yelled, making everyone jump.

Jason never broke eye contact with Addyson, trying to intimidate her and figure out her swing.

He checked over his shoulder and made sure everyone was in a good location, and turned back towards Addyson.

He wound up and let the ball fly from his hand towards home.

Addyson swung with all her might.

"Foul!"

Addyson grimaced and kicked at the dirt.

She stepped back into the box, and set herself up for the next pitch.

Jason gave her a sly smile, and pitched her a curve.

"Strike one!"

Dustin called out as he threw the ball back to Jason.

Addyson stood there in surprise, she didn't even see the ball go by!

Jason let out a stream of menacing laughter, and prepared to pitch again.

Addyson set her eyes in a glare and watched Jason like a hawk.

She heard Barry groan, knowing well what was going to happen next.

The ball left Jason's hand, and Addyson swung hard.

The ball hit the bat with such force that she could feel the metal revirbirate off her hands.

Addyson threw the bat to the ground and slowly jogged her way to first, carefully watching the ball.

When shegot to first, the ball had just cleared the fence and was still going.

Addyson smiled as she got closer to her brother, receiving a high-five from him.

She ran past Steve, who just stared in amazement of such an explosive hit.

When she rounded third, she could hear everyone inside the dugout screaming in shouting.
_________________________________________________________

Two innings later, the score was out of the park.

Team Grant had just scored their twelfth point; where Team Jason was slowly dragging with nine points.

"Alright guys, I'm exhausted," Jason said as he plopped down on the bleachers.

Almost everyone nodded in agreement.

"What time is it?" Steve asked, as he slowly made his way to the group.

"Ay, it's almost six."

Barry exclaimed, checking his watch.

"Ay, I'm starvin'!"

Barry looked over at Addyson and shot her a dirty look.

"Ay, you're always starvin'!"

Addyson glared back at him.

"Okay guys. Let's prevent you too from fighting, and get something to eat." Grant said, interjecting.

A chorus of "yeahs!" were heard throughout the group.

"Uh, Steve, Tango... go pack everything up."

Jason shrugged and led the majority of the pack towards the parking lot.

"Go help the boyos pack up, please?" Barry whispered in Addyson's easy as he walked passed her.

She nodded, and made her way into the dugout to clean up the mess of bats and gloves.

When she couldn't carry anymore, she made her way towards Steve's truck.

She watched as Tango tossed some gear into the truck, when Addyson could feel the items slipping out of her hands.

The weight of bats, gloves, and bases finally got the best of her and he arms gave out.

Steve jumped at the noise and grabbed at his chest.

"Holy shit!"

Addyson gave him a weak smile, and bent down to pick everything up.

"Are you alright?" Tango asked as he bent over to help pick up the bats that had rolled away.

She heaved the junk from her hands into Steve's trunk.

"Ay, I'm sorry for scarin' ya."

Steve chuckled, "Don't worry about it. I'm still alive, aren't I?"

She smiled, "Obviously."

Tango laughed as he placed the rest of the bats into the trunk as well, "Alright. Let's get out of here."