Haunting

Barbeque

When Addyson woke the next morning, her muscles screamed in pain everytime she tried to move.

Groaning, she finally managed to get out of bed and trudge her way into the kitchen

She opened the fridge, grabbing the orange juice carton; not realizing it was practically empty.

When she poured the contents into the glass, she groaned, "Barry.."

She reached for a banana, and slowly began to peel; exposing the fruit.

Plopping down on the couch, she turned on the TV to see Spongebob chasing jelly fish in Jellyfish Fields.

Addyson heard the guest room door open and heard shuffling feet make their way towards the living room.

"Ay, why is it with ya and watchin' Nickelodeon?" Barry asked, placing his hands on the back of the chair.

"Because, I am an adult, and I make my own decisions."

Addyson retorted, glancing up at him.

He placed his hand on her her shoulder, "Ay, ya a silly lass."

He then turned and made his way to the fridge.

"Ya're out of Orange Juice."

Addyson rolled her eyes, "Ya, cause ya drank it all!"

"I did no such thing!"

Barry cried, innocence non-existant in his voice.

"Ay, nah I need ta go shopping. Thanks."

Barry laughed, "Ya have enough food."

"Orange Juice is crucial, thank ya very much!"

"Ay, ya silly lass."

Addyson stood up, groaning and made her way down the hall.

"Ay, I am soo sore. Never again will I play softball."

Barry chuckled, "Ay, I agree."

Addyson shook her head and went to her closet, getting ready for the day ahead.
___________________________________________________

"Alright, Barry. I'm headed ta tha store. Do ya need anything?"

He shook his head, "Orange Juice."

"Alright well.. I'll be back in about an hour."

Barry waved a hand in her direction, not looking away from the television.

Skipping steps, Addyson made her way to her car, where she popped in the newest Anberlin CD and made her way to the local grocery store.

She walked into the store, grabbed a cart, and walked over to the fruit section.

"Mmmm, peaches."

She grabbed atleast ten, and threw them into a bag.

Moving on, she came to the deli counter.

"Can I help you, ma'am?"

She smiled brightly at the boy behind the counter, "Can I get a pound of American Cheese, and a pound of Lebanon?"

He nodded, and grabbed the food out of the cooler.

Addyson took a step back, and watched as children ran up to their parents, holding various boxes of goodies.

"Addyson?'

Her eyes lit up, as she turned to face who had said her name.

"Grant!"

He smiled, his eyes sparkling.

"What are you up to? Other than buying food."

Addyson smiled, "Nothin' really. Barry's already eatin' me out of house and home."

Grant laughed, "Not surprised."

"Miss, you're food."

Addyson smiled, "Thank ya!"

She moved to the counter and grabbed the packages off the scale.

When she turned back to Grant, and young boy was attached to his leg.

"Addyson this is my youngest son, Connor."

Addyson bent down to his eye level.

"'Ello there, lass. How are ya?"

He smiled, and buried his face into Grant's leg.

"He gets pretty shy at times."

Addyson looked up at Grant and smiled, "He's adorable."

Grant nodded, "You should see my other two. Of course, their both boys as well."

She shook her head, "Wow."

As Grant was talking, a young lady with long reddish brown hair, rolled her cart up to Grant and waved Connor over to her.

Noticing Connor left his leg, he looked to see him over with the woman.

"Reanna, I want you to meet someone."

She made her way over to them, checking over her shoulder to check on the boys.

"Reanna, this is Addyson. Barry's sister."

She smiled sweetly to Addyson, "I've heard a lot about you. It's finally nice to meet you."

Addyson returned the smile, "I haven't heard much about you, but I did just meet everyone yesterday."

"Ah, I forgot about that. Grant kept calling you and Tango his star players."

Addyson laughed, "Ya, that's what he kept callin' us."

"Well Addy, I hate to break up the party; but we need to get home and get ready for Jason's."

"Oh, I completely forgot! Can ya give me his address?"

Grant winked at her, "716 Spruce Drive."

Addyson nodded, "Alright. Thanks a bunch. It was nice meeting you Reanna."

She smiled as she ushered Connor into the cart and pushed them away.

Looking behind the counter at the clock, she saw that it was almost eleven.

"Shite."

She quickly made her way to the orange juice and grabbed up three cartons.

"This should last me forever."

When she finally checked out and made it to her car, Barry had called her cell about ten times.

"Hey, sorry I ran into Grant at the store. Jason's party starts in an hour. So I suggest ya get ready. I will be home in twenty."

"Ay, alright. Be careful."
_________________________________________________

Nineteen minutes later, Addyson parked her car and made her way up to the apartment.

"Do me a favor and try not ta drink all my O.J. anymore, please."

Barry laughed all the way from his room, and poked his head out the door, nodding.

"Ay, lass go get ready. I hope ya know where ye'r goin'."

Addyson smiled, "O' course I do!"

Pulling a bright red and white striped Hollister tee from her closest, and a pair of worn in jeans, she quickly changed and made her way to the computer.

Seconds later, directions were in hand and the both of them were ready to walk out the door.

Addyson turned the car in the direction of Warwick and got on the highway.

As they drove for thirty minutes, Barry sat in the passenger seat, chatting up a storm.

"Ay, just wait 'til ya meet everyone... well, everyone else that is," Barry said, a smile etched onto his face.

Addyson shook her head and turned off the highway.

They made their way down Main Street, past TAPS Headquarters and City Hall.

Addyson continued to drive, until she came to a driveway packed with cars.

Barry immediately jumped from the car and ran into Jason's front yard.

Jason laughed as a woman with dark brown hair, tied in a bun, walked up to him.

"Addyson, Barry.. this is my wife, Kris. Wow, there are wayy too many Kris' around here."

She smiled at the two of them, "It's finally nice to meet you."

Addyson smiled sweetly as Kris extended her hand in a friendly shake.

As they broke away from each other, Addyson noticed Tango, Steve and Brian sitting in a small circle around a pile of toys.

Tango waved to her and motioned for her to join them.

When she made her way over, Tango pulled another chair intothe circle.

"Hey! How are you on this fine day?"

Addyson laughed, "I'm doin' pretty fine. How about ya?"

They all nodded, "Pretty good."

Steve nodded, "Yeah. So you remember how we invited you to Tango's last night? Well it was a big mistake to go myself."

Addyson, Brian, and Tango raised their eyebrows.

"I don't think I want to know, dude." Brian replied, leaning back.

Steve gave him a dirty look, and threw a red plastic cup at him, "Shut up. I'm just saying because we got hella crazy, and he ended up filming me while I played a song and sang. It was horrible."

Brian stared at him, "Alrighty then Steve."

He shook his head and looking at Addyson, mouthing, "Wow."

"Ah, what a day. Did anyone else wake up completely sore?" Steve asked, randomly.

Brian broke out into a fit ouf laughter.

"Wheezy, what is your problem?"

He continued to laugh, "I don't know. My mind is in the gutter."

Tango's face contorted into a digusted grimace, "That's gross dude!"

Addyson covered her mouth and started giggling.

Brian shrugged, "I'm sorry!"

"Wheezy, you disgust me!"

Steve exclaimed, a straight look on his face.

Brian stood, shook his head, "Whatever. I'll be back..."
______________________________________________________

Hours later, it was begining to get dark, and Addyson's stomach was growling uncontrollably.

"Hey everyone! Dinner's ready!" Jason and Grant yelled across the lawn from the grill.

In a mad rush, everyone stampeded to the table and grabbed plates of food.

Addyson slowly made he was towards the table, fighting her growling stomach,followed closely by Tango.

"So Miss Fitzgerald, how long have you lived in the States?"

He asked, as they grabbed their food and made their way back to their chairs.

"I've been livin' 'ere for almost four years now."

He nodded, "So.. uh, what is your favorite movie?"

Addyson turned back towards him, shooting him a quizical look.

He smiled, "Hey, I'm just trying to get to know you better."

"Uh huh, sure. My favorite movie is Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas."

Tango chuckled, "That movie is awesome. I think it's one of Steve's favorites. I'm pretty partial to The Prestige."

"Oooh, Christian Bale is a hunk, so is Hugh Jackman."

Addyson giggled, and turned a shade of red, "Sorry."

Tango smiled, "It's alright. I like it because I'm into magic. I'm actually a magician. See, I have a tattoo tell me so!"

He pushed up his sleeve to reveal a small tattoo on his bicep.

"No way!" Addyson cried.

"You want to see a trick?" Tango asked, cautiously.

Addyson nodded as he pulled a small rubber ball out of his pocket.

"Haha, do ya always carry that ball in y'er pocket?" Addyson questioned, staring at Tango.

He smiled and turned a light shade of red, "No.. but I was kinda hoping you'd ask to see a trick."

She could feel her cheeks warm, and turn a shade of red as well.

"Alright, here, let me show you."

He placed the ball into his left hand, and covered it with his ring and middle finger.

He then waved his right hand back and forth over the ball.

As he movied his hand, Addyson noticed the ball had disappeared.

He then turned to her and placed his hand behind her ear, and as he brought his arm back to him, she saw the ball clearly in his right hand.

"Wow, that was bloody brilliant Tango!"

Addyson exclaimed as she placed a hand on his arm.

"I hoped you'd like it." Tango said, looking at the ground.

"Ay, I hope I'm not interrupting anythin', am I?"

Addyson and Tango turned to see Barry, standing slightly behind them, a small smirk played at his lips.

Tango shook his head, "Nah,I was just showing Addyson a magic trick."

Barry nodded, "Do ya mind if I steal me sister for a minute?"

Tango nodded, and sat down in front of the fire.

Barry walked Addyson towards the road.

"Ay, so maybe ya were thinkin' o' Tango last night?"

Addyson rolled her eyes, "Come off it, Barry. He was only showin' me a magic trick!"

"Uh huh, sure. I think ya we're flirtin' with the poor lad."

Barry stated, raising an eyebrow.

"Just a little."

Addyson squeaked, raising her hand and holding her fingers slightly apart.

Barry shook his head, "Ah, told ya. Just don't try ta lead 'im on."

Addyson nodded, "I'm not tryin' ta do anythin'."

He nodded, patted her shoulder and walked back towards Jason and Grant, leaving her to ponder on her current situation.