Haunting

Marshmallows

A few hours later, Addyson, Brian, Steve and Tango were sitting in their chairs in front of a small, yet roaring fire.

"Ah, I love campfires," Brian stated gazing into the fire.

They all nodded in agreement.

"Let's play a game," suggested Steve.

"Uh, 'I Never...'"

Tango groaned, "I dunno."

He quickly glanced over to Addyson, "She doesn't need to dish personal information to us."

Addyson gave him a small smile and nodded.

"Well then Tango, what should we play?"

"We don't have to play anything," Brian said, glaring at Steve.

"Whatever. I'm just bored."

Addyson giggled.

They all turned to look at her, questioning looks on their faces.

She pointed to Jason's kids, who were crowded around another small fire, roasting marshmallows.

"Ah! Marshmallows!"

Steve yelled causing Grant to turn towards them and laugh.

"Let's get some and make smores."

Addyson squealed as she took off across the lawn, racing Steve.

"Jasonnnn, can we steal some marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers?!"

Before he could answer, Steve had loaded everything into his arms and took off back to their fire.

"What the frig?!" Grant stated looking over at Jason, who merely shrugged.

"Here, take some sticks."

Addyson smiled and thanked him, turning back to the boys.

"Ay Steve, did ya forget somethin'?"

He turned to look at her, a marshmallow shoved in his mouth.

"Attractive."

Tango said as he took the sticks from Addyson.

Steve smiled seductively and ran over to Tango.

"Steve.. I'm warning you; stay away from me."

He tried to say something but he had atleast four marshmallows stuffed in his mouth.

They ran around for a few minutes before Steve caught him and kissed his face, leaving sticky marshmallow residue on his cheek.

"Ah, gross dude!"

Steve smiled and grabbed a stick off the ground, "You loved evey minute of it."

Tango shook his head, grabbed a few marshmallows and skewered them onto a stick.

Addyson grabbed a handful of marshmallows as well, placed them on the stick and stuck them into the fire.

"Dude, your marshmallows are on fire."

Brian yelled to Steve, who hurridly pulled them out of the fire and began to blow on them.

"Gah, I hate burnt marshmallows, but I LOVEEE when they're all gooey."

Addyson laughed as she took her marshmallows over to their stash of graham crackers and chocolate.

"'Ello govna," Steve said to her, as she grabbed a plate and constructed her smore.

"Cherio good 'ole chap."

"You know, that smore looks awfully tasty," Steve said, eyeing up Addyson's smore.

Addyson immediately covered her smore, "Ay, it does; but ya have y'er own."

He nodded, looking down and frowning, "Yeah, you're right. Hey look at Barry!"

Addyson turned to look at Barry but barely could find him in the crowd.

She winced, "Steve!"

When she turned back around, Steve had marshmallow and chocolate all over his face.

"What?"

"You ate my smore!"

"I did not!" He cried, bewildered.

Addyson quirked her eyebrow, and put her hands on her hips.

"I can't believe you'd accuse me of such a crime!"

"I only accused ya because mine happens ta be gone," she exclaimed holding her empty plate out to him.

Steve gave hera sly grin, "Oh, alright. I confess, I ate it."

Addyson narrowed her eyes at him.

"Here have mine.."

Addyson smiled as Steve handed her his extra gooey, and extremely melted smore.

She took a bite and could feel the chocolate slide down her chin.

"Eh, melted chocolate is gross. Especially when it's all runny."

Without thinking, Steve leaned over and wiped the chocolate off her chin.

Addyson shyly smiled, "Thanks."

Steve caught her eyes and turned red, "No problem."

He slowly grabbed his plate and more marshmallows making his way back over to the fire.

When he sat down next to Tango, he was given a dirty look.

"What was that about?"

Steve shrugged, "I dunno."

Addyson made her way back over to the boys.

"So, other than chase ghosties and play softball; what do ya all do for fun?"

Brian shrugged, "Not too much. Go to the movies, bowl, go to the mall. It depends on what you're in the mood for."

Addyson nodded, "I usually work way too much."

Tango looked over at her, "Where do you work?"

"I work at the Science Center. Astronomy, and I do a little work part-time in the Observatory."

"Ah, so you practically study the stars?"

Steve asked, immediately looking up at the sky.

Addyson smiled, "I always had a thing for stars."

"What's your favorite constellation?" Brian asked, looking at her.

She let out a small giggle, "Orion."

"Mine's the Big Dipper, it's always so easy to find."

Brian replied, pointing it out in the sky.

They all chuckled as Addyson sat there and enjoyed the warmth of the fire.

Sitting in silence, the four of them stared into the fire.

Slowly, Kris made her way over to the group, "Hey guys."

They nodded in her direction, making her laugh.

"Well I'm headed out. I think we have a case lined up for tomorrow, I will let you know in the morning."

Brian, Steve and Tango all nodded as she said goodbye, and walked to her car.

Addyson stood up, "I'll be right back."

She made her way over to Barry, "Hey, I'm tired. Do ya want to head home? There's a case tomorrow, and I'll definitely need ya ta gave me a ride ta Headquarters."

Addyson nodded, "Alright. Let me go clean up my plate, and say goodbye."

Barry smiled and wrapped his arms around her shoulder.

Addyson quickly made her way back to the boys, "Alright boyos. Well me and the brother are heading out."

They quickly stood and gave her a hug.

"I'll see ya later. It was good ta get to know ya better," She smiled at them as Barry came over.

"Hey, don't forget ta say goodbye ta Jason and Grant before we take off."

Addyson nodded, as she waved bye to the guys and made her way over to the rest of the crew.

"Hey Jason. I want ta thank ya for everythin'. I had a great time; yesterday and today."

Jason smiled and brought her in for a hug, "No problem hun. Glad to have you feel like part of the team."

Addyson smiled up at him.

He laughed and pointed towards the house, "Grant's over there, if you're looking for him."

She nodded and made her way to where Grant was standing.

He stood in a small circle with Rob and Andy, deep in conversation.

They quickly finished and broke away from each other.

"Hey Grant," Addyson said tapping on his shoulder.

He turned and smiled at her, "Hello. What's going on?"

"Barry and I are headin' out. I just wanted ta come and thank ya for everythin'."

He smiled, "Ah, no problem. We all enjoyed getting to know you better. I just really hope that after Barry leave you'll keep in touch with us and maybe come hunt some ghosts too."

Addyson laughed, "Ya bet. I think it'd be interestin'."

He nodded and drew her into a quick hug.

"We'll be seein' you then."

She waved bye to him and made her way back to Barry.

As they walked past the boys, she waved once more and turned to the car.
____________________________________________________

They pulled out of the driveway and made their way back through Warwick; and onto the highway.

When they made it back to the apartment, Barry sat on the couch and sighed deeply.

"Ay Addyson. I've got news for ya.."

Addyson, who had walked into her room, poked her head out the door and immediately walked back into the living room.

"What's goin' on? Is somethin' wrong?"

Barry grimaced, "Well.. I have ta be headin' home soon. My flight out is on Wednesday."

Addyson's face fell; farther than earlier.

"Oh.. but I don't want ya ta leave!"

Barry hung his head, "Ay, I know this lass."

"I have off on Wednesday, so I can take ya ta the airport," Addyson replied shakily.

Barry nodded pulling her into a hug.

"I didn't want ta tell ya, but obviously I have ta go home sometime."

Addyson nodded, a tear falling down her cheek.

"Don't ya start ye'r cryin' lass. Ya now have some super cool friends because of me!"

Addyson laughed and nodded in agreement.

"Now, I want ya ta get ready for bed, and then we can have a movie night. Sound good?"

She smiled and rushed into the bathroom, ridding her face of makeup.

Barry knocked on the door, "Come on lass, I have ta use the bathroom!"

Addyson laughed, "Alright. I'm done anyways."

She pushed past Barry and made her way into her bedroom.
______________________________________________________

A few minutes later, Barry had popcorn in the microwave and Addyson was picking out amovie.

"How about.. The Goonies?"

Barry laughed, "I thought ya hated that movie?"

"I do, but I know ya like it."

Barry nodded, "Whatever ya want.

Addyson laughed and jumped onto the couch, "Let's get it started."

Barry handed a bowl of popcorn to Addyson and sat on the couch next to her.

As soon as the title credits rolled, Addyson sighed loudly.

"Hey, ye'r the one who put it in."

Addyson laughed, "I know., It just gets boring."

Barry chortled, "Ay, let's just try ta watch that movie,"

Halfway through the movie, Addyson started to slump onto Barry.

"Alright, alright. We can change the movie."

Addyson jumped up, "Alright! Something with excitement."

Barry shook his head, "Whatever ya want lass."

Addyson squealed, "Yay!"

Barry covered his ears and groaned.

She laughed, and dug into her stack of moives, "Oooh! Indiana Jones!"

Barry nodded, "Good choice!"

"Mutt is sooo dreamy. Haha, Shia LeBeouf is sexy."

"Ay, let's keep our hormones on the East Coast," Barry said, patting her back.

She huffed, "One day Shia; you will be mine!"

"Haha, let's just watch the movie."

She nodded and snuggled into Barry's shoulder.
____________________________________________________

As the movie ended, Addyson stirred, knocking over her half-empty popcorn bowl.

"Ay, Barry. I'm exhausted. Help me ta bed," Addyson demanded, stretching her arms out to him.

"Ay, silly lass. Let me clean up tha popcorn and then I'll take ya ta bed."

Addyson nodded, and slouched back on the couch.

"Alright lass, my ye'r heavy."

Addyson snorted, "Ya act like I weight three-hundred pounds. Well Mr. Fitzgerald, I don't."

He chuckled, "Ay, you're right."

He slowly lowered her onto the bed and tucked her in, "Goodnight lass."

"Mmm, goodnight Barry."

He kissed her forehead and closed the door behind him.