Haunting

Invitiations

Blinking her eyes in the bright sunlight, Addyson didn't notice that she wasn't in her room. Looking to her right, she saw Barry laying in the fetal position.

She reached over and lightly shook him.

"Ughh, Mum. I'm tryin' ta sleep."

"Barry, wake up."

He groaned as he rolled over, "Ay, it's ya. Good mornin'."

"What am I doin' in 'ere."

He blinked, "Well, ya came in 'ere last night mumblin' somethin' about nightmares. So I let
ya sleep in 'ere."

Addyson nodded, "Oh, alright. What time is it?"

"Uh, it's seven. What time do ya need ta be at work?"

"Eleven. What time does the office open?"

"Ay, I'll call Jay and see what their plans are."

He rolled off the bed and shuffled over to the desk.

"Ay, Jay. It's Barry, I was wondering what time headquarters is open."

Nodded, he replied, "Ay, alright. I'll have Addyson drop me off. See ya then."

Barry hung up the phone and turned back to Addyson, "He said Kris will be there at ten-
thirty."

Addyson nodded, and climbed off the bed, "Let's make some breakfast. Pancakes and Waffles?"

He laughed and followed her out into the kitchen.

After many minutes of mixing and pouring, there were plates full of pancakes and plates full
of waffles.

"Ay, I hope we can eat all of these," Barry stated looking hungry hungry at the food.

Addyson grabbed a plate and loaded it with waffles.

Barry shook his head, and grabbed a plate as well.
___________________________________________________________________

Cleanin up after themselves was harder than trying to make breakfast.

"'Ere, go get ready for work and I'll finish up in 'ere," Barry insisted, shooing her out of the kitchen.

Addyson nodded as she skipped down the hall.

She emerged a few minutes later wearing khaki pants and a royal blue polo.

"Ay, that's a fancy name tag ya have there, Addyson."

She scowled at him, "Whatever Barry. Atleast I have a real job."

He laughed and smiled, "True, but at least I enjoy my job."

"Haha, well at least I have a steady income!"

"Touche."

Addyson smiled victoriously, "Exactly."

He shook his head, "Alright, it's time ta drop my arse off."

She gathered her bag and Barry walke out the door and towards the car.

Driving, Addyson started to become familiar with her way around Warwick.

The car pulled up alongside the front of the TAPS building.

"Are ya goin' ta come in quick?"

Addyson groaned, "Ay, I can. I have plenty of time."

He hopped out of the car and ushered Addyson into the small brick building.

"'Ello, is anyone 'ere?" Barry called through the building.

"Hey Barry, what's up?" Steve called as he rounded the corner.

"Ay, Steve. Not too much. Addyson's droppin' me off before she heads ta work."
Steve nodded smiling at Addyson.

She returned the smile, feeling color oddly rise to her cheeks. They stood there staring at each other for quiet sometime, because Barry was re-entering
the room, Jason and Grant behind him.

A loud cough tore Addyson's gaze from Steve, who jumped and uttered a little gasp.

"Are ya two finished starin' at each other? Addyson's goin' ta be late for work."

Steve turned back to her and smiled, "Let me walk you out."

Barry turned to Jason and Grant, eyebrow raised.

Addyson nodded and said her goodbyes to Barry, Jason and Grant. Steve held the door open for her as they walked out into the sunlight, causing them both to
squint.

"Well Miss Fitzgerald, it was a pleasure. I will obviously see you later."

Steve said as he helped her into her car.

"Ah, Steve y'er silly. I will see ya later." She replied as he closed her door.

Addyson started her car and pulled away, waving to Steve as he stepped onto the sidewalk.

As the car disappeared around the corner, Steve walked back into the building to see
Jason, Grant and Barry staring at him.

"What?"

Jason raised an eyebrow, "Why don't you tell us.."

Steve rolled his eyes, "I was being nice."

"Ay, that's not what we're talkin' 'bout." Barry replied, raising an eyebrow.

"We're talking about the little staring contest you two had." Grant stated.

Steve's face turned red, "Oh that! No idea."

Barry chortled and nudged Jason, "I think he's got a thing for my sister."

Jason and Grant nodded in agreement.

Barry walked over to Steve and slung his arm around his shoulder, "Ay, don't worry lad. You'll
just have ta explain ta Tango."

Steve gulped, "What? I thought Tango had a girlfriend. He has a thing for Addyson?"

Barry nodded, "Ay, ya he does.. I think."

Steve groaned and put his head in his hands, "This isn't going to be good."

Barry gave Steve an apologetic look, "Well lad, maybe ya should just tell 'im. He'll fight ya
for 'er ya know."

Steve looked up at Barry and gave him a dirty look.

Barry laughed, clapped Steve on his back and left the room with Jason and Grant. He sat there for a while, when her heard Tango call his name.

"I'm in the front room."

The door opened and Tango happily strode in.

He stopped smiling when he saw Steve's expression.

"Hey dude, are you feeling alright?"

Steve shrugged, "My stomach is a little queasy."

"Is Addyson around, I saw Barry..."

Steve shook his head, "No, she had to go to work. She was here earlier though.."

Tango nodded, "That sucks. Anyways, when is our next case?"

Steve looked down at the paper next to him, "Uh Thursday. The day after Barry leaves.."

"Oh.. wow. I didn't know he was leaving already.."

"Yeah, he mentioned it to us on Friday."

Tango looked at Steve, "Are you sure you're alright? You're never usually this short."

Steve's head shot up, "I'm not being short. I just have a lot on my mind, I'm sorry."

Tango smiled, "Alright man. Want to talk about it?"

Steve shrugged, "You aren't going to like what I have to say.."

Tango looked at him, "What are you talking about?"

Steve grimaced, "According to Barry, we both have a thing for Addyson."

"But I understand that you've spent more time getting to know her, so therefore I will move
on.."

Tango shook his head and broke out in laughter.

Steve gave him a dirty look, as Tango saw it and laughed harder.

"Dude, I have a girlfriend. Besides, I was getting to know her so she would have some
friends after Barry eventually went home. It's called being polite dude."

Steve shook his head, "I feel like an idiot. I'm sorry."

Tango shrugged, and extended his hand to Steve, "Dude we're brothers. Don't worry about it."

They did a quick bro-hug and made their way to basement of TAPS Headquarters.

Barry, Jason and Grant were crowded around the microwave, stirring cups of hot chocolate.

"Ay, hello lads."

Steve and Tango nodded, grabbing cups for themselves.

"Ay, I'm gunna miss this place after I leave."

Everyone nodded, "I think everyone is going to miss you more." Jason stated staking a sip
from his cups.

"Ay, I dunno how Addyson is going ta deal with it. She was a mess last night.."

"Well she hasn't seen you in three years and spending a short week with her obviously will
upset her." Grant replied, shrugging his shoulders.

"Women," Jason muttered, causing everyone to laugh.

"Ay, yes. Silly lasses. I want ya ta all do me a favor, please."

They all stopped and looked up at Barry.

"Can ya all take care o' her? Just make sure that she's getting out of tha house and having
fun?"

"Definitely. We have a case Thursday, she can come along, if she wants." Kris said as she
came down the stairs.

Barry smiled, "I think she'll enjoy that."

______________________________________________________________________

Around three, Barry's phone began ringing.

"'Ello? Ay, lass. Alright, we'll see ya soon."

Barry closed his phone and shoved it into his pocket, grunting in the process.

Jason chuckled, "Having trouble there, Barry?"

Barry glared at him, "Ay shut ye'r mouth. Oh, that was Addyson; she got off work early and
she's on her way over."

The guys nodded and sat around the room.

"So.. what are the circumstances of Thursday's case?" Grant asked, plopping down on a
rolly chair.

"Uh," Kris said rummaging through the folder, "Reports of apparitions, uneasy feelings in
the basement, constant knocks on the walls.. a whole rang of stuff."

"Wow, this is going to be a good case," Tango said.

Steve nodded in agreement.

"Too bad Barry can't make it." Kris said, placing her hand on his shoulder.

Barry groaned, cursing everyone out.

Moments later the bell above the front door rang and Tango turned to see Addyson walking towards him. She smiled and waved as she walked into the small room.

"Addyson!" Grant yelled as she grabbed an empty chair.

She widened her eyes and stared at Grant, who laughed.

"How was work?" Barry asked, kicking his feet up onto her lap.

She groaned and pushed his legs off of her, kicking her feet up onto his lap.

"Ah Barry, ye'r such a doll. One, it's Monday, so everyone's at work, two, no one was there; so
very, very boring. I had nothing ta do so I changed all the star diagrams."

"Sounds fun," Jason said, widening his eyes.

Grant laughed, "I was thinking of taking my kids there next weekend. I'll make sure we
bother the crap out of you."

Addyson groaned loudly, "You're going ta kill me Grant."

He chuckled and reached over to ruffle her hair.

"Alrighty guys, I have to get going. Dinner is in a few hours and I have to go pick Connor up
from baseball practice."

"Alright man. I'll come by your house in the morning and pick you up at eight thirty," Jason
said as Grant started out the door.

"I have to head out too. The boy spent the day home since he's sick. So I need to go cook him dinner." Kris said as she kicked the chair behind her, "See you guys Thursday. I'm
gunna miss you Barry!"

He chuckled giving her a quick hug, "Ay, I'll miss ya too lass."

Barry quickly stood up, knocking Addyson's feet to the ground with a loud thud.

"Ay, lass we should head home. You're exhausted, and I'm going ta cook my famous stew."

Addyson's eyes lit up, "Yum! Let's go now!"

He chuckled, "Easy now lass. Do any o' ya lads want ta come along?"

Steve looked over to Tango and shrugged, "Sure. Let us get around front and we'll follow
you."

They all jumped up, grabbed their coats and ran out the back.

"Well, I'm all alone." Jason sulked, crossing his arms over his chest.

Barry placed a hand on his shoulder, "Ay, do ya want ta come along?"

Jason chuckled, "Nah, I need to get home to Kris. Thanks for the invite though."

Barry nodded, "Alright, well.. we'll see ya tomorrow."

Jason nodded and stood, collecting his coat as well and stepped out the back door.

As Barry climbed into the car, Steve and Tango pulled up next to them and honked the horn.

He flipped them off as Addyson pulled the car out of the parking spot.

"I drive way too much, now that y'er 'ere," Addyson said, looking at her fuel gauge.

"Ay, quit y'er complainin' Ye'll be back ta normal in a few days," Barry replied, making faces
at her.

"Is Steve still behind us?" Addyson asked, looking over her shoulder.

"Uh.." Barry spun around and looked behind him, "Ya, two cars back. I can see Tango."

Addyson nodded and flicked on the turn signal, exiting the highway.

She pulled up to the building, and rolled down her window to talk to Steve.

"Ay, park right in front of me, ya should be fine."

He nodded and pulled away.

They stood on the sidewalk, waiting for Steve and Tango to join them. As they neared Addyson and Barry, the four made their way into the building and slowly climbed the staircase, and gasped for breath when they reached the top.

"Ay, see I told ya." Barry said, pointing at them.

Tango chuckled, as Steve glared at him, "It's not the climb, it's the view."

Barry's mouth formed a small 'oh', "Ay, I forgot ya don't like heights."

Addyson gave him a small smile and separated the key from the many others on her
key-ring.

"Well boyos, welcome to mi casa."

She pushed the door open and stepped in.

Tango's mouth dropped open, and Steve's eyes went wide.

"Wow, this place is amazing!"

"Eh, it's not much. It does have a guest room and a full bathroom and a half bathroom in the
master."

"Nice!"

Barry laughed, "Alright, I need ta get makin' my stew. Ya go hang out in the livin' room."

"Alright man."

Steve and Tango plopped down on the couch, grabbing up the controller.

Addyson laughedwhen she heard them fight over what channel to watch, as she walked
back to her room to change.

As she slipped out of her polo, she could still hear them bickering and heard Barry threaten
them.

Quickly, she changed into a pair of shorts and a tank top and made her way back to the front
of the apartment.