Status: HIATUS

Dare For Distance

I got the concept and came to the conclusion

I picked up my old, worn out guitar and strummed a few chords. Looking around, making sure no one could hear me, I began to play. I started singing along with the beautiful notes that were enticing the air, making it feel almost electric. I sung my own lyrics, making them up as I went. I switched keys and started singing another random song.

More and more words started flowing out of my mouth and I reached for a piece of paper and a pen. I started jotting down lyrics, word after word just crashed on the beautiful, white paper. When I was done, I looked around the station. Still nobody, good. I took my guitar again, holding it tighter this time. This was so peaceful, just sitting there by myself, playing my guitar. I loved it.

Note after note sounded perfectly practiced, perfectly in tune. Someone in the background started clapping, but I tuned it out. It didn't bother me one bit to know that somebody liked my singing and guitar playing. I looked up after I finished the song. No one had a face I recognized except one person. That one person was looking at me with a knowing look on his face. Like he knew that I was going to be big someday.

"Wow, you're really good." He told me when the station had cleared out. I was still sitting on the bench I had been the whole time in the subway station.

"Ha, and you're funny." I stood up and put my guitar in it's case.

"No, really. Would you.. hmm... be interested in coming on tour with me?" he asked. Those words came out so effortlessly, but they might have well been a nuclear bomb in my nervous system. I couldn't believe Christofer Drew Ingle not only thought I was good, but wanted me to come on tour with him.

"Yeah. You know, I'm on tour now, and I doubt The Maine would care if I let you open for me in a couple of shows, if you wanted." He was standing about four feet away, his hand
rubbing the back of his neck.

"Seriously?!" I looked up.

"Yeah. If you want." he had a huge smile spread across his face.

"Of course I want to!" I jumped up and grabbed my guitar case.

"Do you need to get anything?"

"This is all I have." He gave me a funny look and led me to the bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short.. but I thought it was pretty good, for my writing anyway.
Well. If you read it and you like it, comment? I'll love you FOREVER :D
dontPanic!.xx