One Shots

The Never Ending Cycle

She walks alone, along the dreary, dead streets of suburbia. The rain pelts down on her beautiful face which, in the glow of the street lamps ahead, seems almost angelic.
The falling tears are washed away by the rain, leaving no trace.
Her soft eyes, normally a gorgeous bright shade of green but now a dark grey colour, scan the ground in front of her.
Sighing deeply, she pictures the vivid images of the incident that she had just witnessed -- her beloved fiancee, with a gun to his head.
Her hand slowly crept down to the pocket of her coat and returned with a small scrunched up piece of paper. After carefully unfolding the delicate piece of paper, she began to re-read the messy handwriting that was her fiancee's.
The note read:

'Alyssa, I love you. Don't cry over me because soon, I'll just be a long lost memory of someone you used to love. Move on with your life, find someone new, get married and last but in no way the least, be happy.
I'm sorry it had to end like this, Michael.'

She scrunched up the note and started running aimlessly. Somehow, she ended up on the doorstep of one of her best friends. She raised her fist to knock on the door and froze for a second. After pondering whether she should knock or not, she decided to knock. She knocked twice and waited patiently, by now she had stopped crying. The door opened a crack and out popped a tired looking face surrounded by messy hair.

"Do you have any idea what time it is?" the person asked.

"No." She replied simply.

"It's 3 in the morning... wait.. have you been crying? What's wrong?"

"He... gun... head" She burst into tears again.

"Who? What gun? Whose head?"

She handed the person the crumpled note. He unfolded it and read it.

"He... Killed himself?" She nodded.

"Oh god, Alyssa. Do you want to stay here for the night?"

"No, I don't want to be a pain," She sniffled.

"It's not a problem at all. It's the least I can do Lys."

"Fine, I guess. Thanks Ryan."

"Don't mention it. I'll sleep on the couch, and you can take my bed."

"No, I'll take the couch."

"No. I'll tell you what, why don't I set the spare mattress up on the floor in my room?"

"Okay."

He walked down the dark hallway and returned a few minutes later. He came back with a towel and some a pair of clean boxers and an old t-shirt for her.
She thanked him and made her way into the bathroom to get changed while he got the mattress.
After she was changed, she left the blue bathroom and looked around the lounge. She spotted a picture on the wall, it was of her, Ryan and Michael. She fell to her knees as the events re-played in her head over and over again. The salty tears fell freely. Ryan ran back into the room as she fell to her knees. He embraced her in a warm, comforting hug. To Ryan, it seemed as if the tears would never stop falling. Like a tap that couldn't be turned off. Her sobs echoed through the room. A few minutes later the sobs had subsided -- she had fallen asleep in Ryan's arms. He carried her up to his room and gently placed her on his bed. As he was climbing into the temporary bed he had set up on the floor, Alyssa stirred.

"Ry?" she whispered quietly.

"Yeah?" She patted the bed next to her.

"Want me to sleep here with you?" She nodded in reply. He climbed in next to her and wrapped her in his arms.

A few hours later Ryan woke up. He looked beside him but Alyssa was gone.
He searched everywhere for her he couldn't find her. That was, until he looked into the bathroom...
There was an empty pill bottle and a knife lying next to the bath. Inside the bath was Alyssa, in a pool of her own blood.
He called the ambulance, but it was too late.
He held the limp body of Alyssa in his arms while he waited for the ambulance.

When Alyssa's body had been taken away he sat in the bathroom and stared around. He saw something over by the sink so he got up and looked at it. It was a note.

'If you're reading this note, then it's possible that I have succeeded in ending my miserable life. I'm sorry for doing this in your bathroom, If you look inside the bathroom cabinet there is $50 in there to help pay for cleaning it up. Sorry, it's all I have. Please don't be sad about this. I don't want you to end up like me or Michael. I love you Ryan, thank you for being such a great friend to me. -- Alyssa'

Ryan was devastated. He loved Alyssa with all his heart, he was even going to ask her out, but Michael bet him to it. For the past 3 years, Ryan had been wondering what would've happened if HE was the one to ask her out. If HE would've got the girl. Michael always got the girl.

She was gone.
Forever.
No more hugs.
Forever.
No more smiles.
Forever.
No more Alyssa.
Forever.

Ryan couldn't come to terms with the fact that he lost the only girl he had ever loved. He couldn't stand it. He couldn't take the images that he kept seeing of her in the bathtub. 2 weeks later, he ended it.
He took his life, just like Alyssa had hoped he wouldn't.
She didn't want him to end up like her or Michael.
He did anyway.
He was no more.
The images were no more.
The pain, the heartache, the wishing, the envy, the hurt, the hate, the lust, all those feelings were no more.
It was finally over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Right, so I also posted this story on Quizilla a while ago, and decided to post it here too since I'm moving sites.
I quite like this story... It's a little sad and depressing, but it's still good considering it was one of the first things I ever wrote.
I hope you liked it!