Status: Completed. Decided not to do a sequel.

Children Of The Damned

Chapter 1

Damon

“You have got to be kidding me!” Slamming my fists against the steering wheel, I stared out past the windshield into the pouring rain.

Not exactly how I would have chosen to spend my Friday night, I thought to myself as I turned off the stereo that had been blasting throughout the car. I watched cars speeding by, their headlights blindingly bright.

Where is the annoying little brother when you need him?

But just as I thought this, headlights appeared again and a car stopped behind me on the side of the road. They stayed on as someone emerged from the driver’s side and walked over.

She was lovely, sheltering herself under an umbrella, her dark blonde hair bathed in the white light. Her soft curls bounced as she walked. She stopped when she reached my window, leaning over so her light blue eyes were level with mine. She knocked on my window and I rolled it down, hearing the rain patter of her leather jacket and the leather interior of my car. The smell of her wet skin was intoxicating. “Hey, you need some help?” she asked.

I composed myself before I answered. “I was just about to call AAA.”

“That’s going to be pretty difficult. I’m almost positive you won’t be able to get cell service in this storm. I tried to call someone just a few minutes ago and I had zero bars.”

I pulled out my cell phone, and true to her word, there were no bars displayed on my screen. I cursed under my breath.

“I could give you a lift if you need one. You’re car will probably be fine as long as you lock it up.”

“Thank you so much,” I said, giving her my best debonair smile.

Maybe the night hadn’t turned out so bad after all.

Eliana

I never dreamt that I would be spending my Friday evening giving a gorgeous stranger a ride home.

Dear God, what have I gotten myself into?

“So, where do you live?” I asked.

“The old boarding house by Wickery Bridge.”

“Doesn’t Mrs. Flowers own it?”

“Yeah, how did you know that?”

“I used to help her out around the house in the summers when I would come to visit. I mostly did garden work. She used to pay me in chocolate chip cookies and lasagna.”

He smirked, just a slight pull on one corner of his mouth. It was maddening.

“So, what’s your name?” I asked so that I would have something to say. And now I was genuinely interested.

“Damon-”

“Salvatore?” I asked, suddenly surprised.

“Do you know everything now?”

“Ha! Yeah, I read minds. No, I have just heard a lot about you.”

“All bad, I hope.”

“Actually, a lot of the council members rave about how great you are. Of course, I don’t get any details since I am not eighteen yet so I can’t be a member, but I hear enough from the sheriff.”

This wasn’t entirely true. Mostly I just heard various stories from heartbroken girls about what a womanizer he was.

“Hmm, that’s interesting. And what might your name be, oh lovely rescuer of mine.”

“Eliana Forbes.”

“As in Sheriff Forbes? As in Caroline Forbes?”

“I know how that sounds, believe me. She’s my cousin. My parents moved me over here after my grandparents died. Caroline and her mother are the last family we have left.”

There was silence for a short time, and then Damon spoke up again.

“So, what were you up to before I ruined your night playing damsel in distress?”

“Actually, I am going to get Caroline from a party. She’s probably drunk, and I don’t want her to get in trouble or worse, get killed.”

“That’s wise of you.”

“That’s me, the responsible, caring older cousin. May I puke now?” I said sarcastically.

“You Don’t like your cousin?” He didn’t really seem to be surprised by this. His dark eyes flashed as he laughed.

“She drives me nuts, but she’s not all bad. She’s just a neurotic, insecure control freak.”

“That’s a good way to put it.”

“Well, here we are,” I said, pulling up in front of the boarding house. Even in the dark, I could see the rose bushes out front that I used to prune.

He took my hand, his eyes smoldering up at me as he kissed it lightly, and smiled.

“Thank you, Eliana. I won’t forget you.”

He walked into the boarding house, and I just shook my head before driving away.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have attempted to write a Damon Salvatore fan fiction in the past, but I didn't like my angle on the story. I think Mystic Falls (or Fell's Church) is a good place to keep the Salvatore brothers now when I am writing fanfics about them. I am going to be blending the books and the television show together, since I love the television show but I have also read the books.