Status: Completed. Decided not to do a sequel.

Children Of The Damned

Chapter 19

Eliana

It was the last day of school before Christmas break. I was relieved I wouldn’t have to deal with all the stares and whispers behind my back for much longer. Matt cast sidelong glances at me when he thought I couldn’t see.

I couldn’t deny that I regretted the way things ended. But he was too jealous and reminded me of a past I wanted so badly to forget.

I invited some friends to come over on the 23rd, the day before Christmas Eve, so we could celebrate and exchange presents. Only now, Matt wasn’t going to be there.

When I got home, I turned to my diary, which I hadn’t done in too long.

December 17th, 2010

Dear Diary,

It’s been too long, but I guess so much has been happening that I haven’t had the time to really think about it and put it all down onto paper.

Damon has become someone I trust, someone I truly care about. He really is my best friend, and the only person I feel like I can really confide in about anything that’s on my mind.

Matt was so jealous he tried to make me choose. He thought we were more than friends, Damon and I, I mean. And he made me choose, which was the worst thing he could have done. I couldn’t go through that again. But of course, Matt isn’t Richard. Ever since I broke up with Matt, he has left me alone.

And Damon is still the only one that knows the truth. He is the only one who knows why Matt upset me so much.

Isn’t it funny how I can go from wondering whether or not to trust him at all, to him being the only one I think really knows my wants and desires, my fears, my likes and my dislikes?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it was a disgustingly short chapter, but bear with me. I did update three times tonight, so I hope that counts for something.

Song: Everlasting Friend- Blue October.

And from now on I am just goign to keep the playlist link posted in the status, which is way easier.