Status: Completed. Decided not to do a sequel.

Children Of The Damned

Chapter 26

Damon

Upon arriving home, I drained two bags of O+.

After some particularly frightening dreams, I did the same again the next morning. I hated that my subconscious mind wanted to rip her apart and drain her of every last drop of life in her.

“Are you okay?” Stefan asked when he saw me partaking in my own unorthodox feast.

“I haven’t been that hungry in a very long time,” I confessed.

Stefan nodded in understanding.

“I’m afraid of losing control whenever I’m around her.” I was surprised that I even had the guts to say that. I wasn’t to voice weaknesses. Everyone knew that, Stefan especially.

“Has she seen anything yet?”

I had been hoping he wouldn’t ask that question.

“She has suspicions, I think. She saw a little of it last night, and she did a pretty good job of covering up her…fear. But she was still afraid, regardless.”

“It’s only a matter of time before she figures it out or you have to explain yourself, Damon.”

“I-I can’t think about that right now.”

“I’m sorry you have to go through this part,” he said, putting a hand on my shoulder before leaving the house to go to school. He was planning on going to hang out at Elena’s after school. He also needed to help her study for the upcoming Econ test.

I waited until I heard Stefan’s car pull out of the drive before I went back to the refrigerator and pulled out another blood bag.

As the thick viscous liquid slid down my throat, I wondered just how long I would last before I either lost control completely or had to remove myself from the picture entirely.

__________________________________________________________________

When she knocked on my door, fresh from school, I was at a loss of what to do. I knew that with her presence came cravings I knew I could not let myself quench, but I also knew that I loved the feel of her in my arms, the way her lips felt on mine, the way she looked up at me like I was so much better than I was in reality.

So I answered the door. But I didn’t even get a chance to say hello before her lips were on mine, moving in that slow, maddening way that made me feel a completely different kind of hunger.

She had already kicked the door closed behind her, and she moved her lips to my ear, whispering, “I have been waiting all day to do this.”

With that, I lifted her in my arms, wrapping her legs around my waist, and pressed her up against the wall by the door, devouring her lips with mine. She moaned as I pressed my body more fully against hers, and then I was taking her upstairs.

In my room, I knocked things over onto the floor as I made our way to the bed. We collapsed on top of the sheets, and she surprised me when she rolled me onto my back and straddled my waist. She leaned over me, her hands busy unbuttoning my shirt as she kissed me.

When her hands ran lazily over my naked chest, I couldn’t suppress the moan that came to my lips. In response, she giggled and bit my lower lip.

My moan twisted into a harsh growl, and she pulled away, startled, to look at me. Her eyes widened to round, blue saucers.

She screamed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song: Teeth- Lady Gaga

So, any predictions on what's going to happen next?

Shout out to the following for being consistent in leaving comments for me, which I LOVE: believe.in.something, blueskittles, AshleyxTwilightx, Asherah2, and T-A-K-E-N.