Status: Completed. Decided not to do a sequel.

Children Of The Damned

Chapter 37

Damon

I walked back out to the area of the dance floor, holding a glass of punch and another glass of scotch for myself. I looked around the sidelines for Ana, and when I couldn’t find her, I looked amongst the dancers, thinking someone had probably asked her to dance in my absence. After all, she was the most gorgeous girl here, and most of the guys had been staring at her.

But when I couldn’t see her with any of the dancers, I started to panic, my mind immediately racing to the worst case scenario.

And then I heard the scream.

My ears were more powerful than those of the other guests, so they didn’t hear. I dropped the glasses, letting them shatter on the pavement as I took off toward the sound of her screaming.

When I arrived, I saw a the shape of a man huddled over her sprawled body. I lunged at him, but he noticed my presence and ran before I got a chance to reach him. By that time, I saw Ana, and didn’t dare risk following the vampire. Ana obviously needed my help.

Her throat was splashed with red, and it spilled onto the front of her dress, smearing over the gauzy material.

“No!” I gasped as her she made small gurgling noises, her throat filling with blood.

“D-Damon,” she managed to say. She tried to reach out to me, and I snapped out of it, biting the flesh of my wrist and putting it over her lips, urging her to drink.

“Hurry, before the wound closes,” I told her, my voice frantic; not my voice.

It took her a second, but she complied, drawing blood from me into her.

Her wound began to close, and kept drinking until it was completely healed and only the blood on her skin remained.

“Damon!” she cried, and I held her to me as she shook with terror. Her eyes were full of wide-eyed fear. “He-he came at me from nowhere. I tried to see what he looked like, but it all happened too fast. I-I-”

“Shhh…shh. I’m right here. No one is going to hurt you again.” I clutched at her like she was a small child, and I picked her up, carrying her quietly away from the party and back to my car.

____________________________________________________________

Eliana

I had never been so afraid in my life. This was so much worse than dealing with a human stalker, even Richard. I was terrified. How could I ever be safe again?

But here in Damon’s arms it was hard to imagine that anything could hurt me now. I never wanted to leave him again. I felt that if I always stayed with him, than nothing would dare touch me.

By the time we reached the boarding house, I was breathing normally again, and I started to notice the fact that the entire front of my dress was soaked with my blood, and the smell of it started to make me nauseous.

Once we were inside, I turned to Damon again.

“Damon, I need to get out of this dress before I throw up. And I need to get all this blood off of me.”

“I agree,” he said, and I noticed that his eyes were bloodshot and he was trying to hide the fact that his fangs were coming out again.

“Right,” I replied, walking upstairs with him. There was a huge bathtub in his bathroom and a shower next to it.

“You can shower in there. There are plenty of towels in the cupboard and you can wear something of mine until you get home.”

“Thank you, Damon.”

I went into the bathroom, shucking my bloodstained dress and undergarments (which, thankfully, remained stain-free), and hopped in the shower, turning the water up as hot as it would go, not caring if it burned my skin off. It didn’t but the bathroom quickly filled up with steam, and the water was almost scalding hot of my back.

I watched the blood wash off my body and circle down the drain. I took Damon’s shampoo and body wash, scrubbing the dried blood out of my hair and from my neck. I scrubbed until my skin was red, and then washed off my makeup in the shower too for good measure, knowing it had probably run all over my face.

Once I was sure that there was not a speck of blood left on my body, I got out of the shower and grabbed a towel, drying myself off.

I noticed that just inside the door was a button-up shirt and a pair of drawstring sweatpants that Damon must have put in the bathroom while I was taking a shower. I knew that he had most likely stuck them in the room without looking, because they had been dumped just inside the door.

I dressed and went back into Damon’s room, rubbing the towel through my hair until it was semi-dry.

Damon had already changed into his usual dark wash jeans and black t-shirt, but he had no shoes on. It was a strange thing, seeing him without all the usual articles of clothing.

I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him, taking in his scent, loving the way it felt when he reciprocated my embrace.

“I almost lost you tonight, Ana. I don’t know what I would have done if you would have-”

“But I didn’t,” I interrupted him, knowing what he was going to say. “You saved my life, Damon.”

“I can’t help but wonder if you would have been better off never knowing me.” He sounded sad when he said it, but when I pulled away to get a good look at his face, his expression was blank, unreadable. I knew he was throwing up those walls again, trying to shut me out.

“How can you say something like that? Don’t talk like that. Don’t push me away, Damon, not after everything we have been through together.”

“I think it might be a better idea if we stopped seeing each other. I am only going to cause you pain and trouble. I want you to be happy, not fearful and constantly in danger.

“If you want me to be happy, stop telling me these horrible things. I have never been more happy than when I am with you. Don’t you get it, Damon? Is it so terribly hard to believe that people actually care about you? That I want this, that I want to be with you? That I love you?”

Damon looked take aback. “You love me?”

“I love you, Damon Salvatore, more than you will ever know.”

“Oh, Ana.” And then he was holding my head in his hands and kissing me like I had never been kissed before. This was like nothing I had ever experienced. This was pure passion.

There was nothing more perfect than this moment.

We kissed like we were starving for each other, like we had been deprived of something for so long that once we had it, we needed to consume it whole.

Like I had done once before, I bit his lower lip, sucking it into my mouth. Damon moaned, and his hands roamed roughly over my body until he hooked an arm under my right leg and hoisted it around his waist. I didn’t need any more direction than that. I wrapped both legs around his waist and pressed myself against him, wrapping my arms around his neck as his went to the small of my back to support me.

He pulled his mouth away from mine, and I made an audible noise of dissatisfaction. “Don’t stop,” I pleaded.

I felt him shudder as I said those words. We fell on the bed, and he put his arms around me like a cage to cushion the fall.

“Are you sure you want this?” he asked. “Because I don’t think I am going to be able to stop if we continue like this.”

“Please,” I whispered, arching my back so our bodies touched again. He shuddered in response. “Don’t stop.”

He descended hungrily on me like he was a starving man and I was the first meal he had seen in days. I wrapped my fingers around the hem of his shirt and pulled it up. Our lips disconnected just long enough for me to pull it over his head, and then he went to work unbuttoning my shirt. As soon as I was freed of it he threw it and kissed a line down my chest until he reached my breasts, where he reached behind me to undo the clasps of my bra. Soon we were both completely topless and the only things left were his jeans and my sweatpants and underwear, which we quickly discarded.

Our naked bodies were pressed together, and we both breathed in quick bursts and gasps as his teeth grazed my neck and my hands roamed his body as I arched again to press my whole body against him.

“Make love to me,” I said against his lips. He grabbed both of my arms in his hands and pressed them against the mattress, intertwining his fingers with mine, and then he pushed into me.

“Oh!” I gasped, feeling the sting of him inside of me for the first time. It was painful, but behind the pain was pleasure, something that felt so right I didn’t want him to stop.

“You didn’t tell me,” he said gently, stopping as he looked into my eyes. He could tell I was in pain.

“Don’t you dare stop now. I want this. I want you.”

He needed no further encouragement as he started to move slowly inside me. I gasped again. After a while, the pain stopped, and I started to feel things the way they were meant to be felt. I moaned into his mouth as he kissed me.

“Damon!” I cried out. “Ah, please…faster.”

He not only went faster, but harder as well, and then I started to move with him, picking up on the small cues that his body told me without speaking. He growled and moaned in my ear as he kissed my neck, moving in earnest.

I felt something wonderful coiling up inside of me, and my heart pounded faster until I was sure it was going to explode.

“Damon, I’m going to…..” but I didn’t even get to finish the sentence before I came. He followed right on my heels and then we collapsed against each other, breathing heavily.

We were silent for a long time, just basking in the afterglow of it all before he brought me to him and kissed me. “Ana, I was the first,” he said, and he sounded so happy and proud that I kissed him again.

“I love you,” he said. I almost cried to hear him finally say those words.

“And I love you.”

Before I started to shiver, he pulled the blankets over us and pulled me against his body.

“I am so amazed by you. I never thought you were still a virgin. Even less, that you would choose me to be your first.”

“I suppose it’s instinctual. And I didn’t want to disappoint you.”

“You could never disappoint me. I’m amazed by you. I just hope I lived up to your expectations.”

“You’re kidding me, right? You do realize you probably just ruined me for any other man, right?”

He put his face against my throat, kissing me, his hot breath raising the hairs on my neck. “Good,” he said. “I want to keep you all to myself.”

He pressed fully against me, and I laughed. “Again?”

“Oh, yes.”

“I get to lead this time, though, Damon.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so that was intense, but you were warned.

Song: Bloodstream (Vampire Diaries Remix)- Stateless