Status: Completed. Decided not to do a sequel.

Children Of The Damned

Chapter 42

Damon

I missed seeing Ana everyday. So when she took the day off from school and came to see me, I was thrilled.

We made love with the afternoon rain pouring on the roof as our background music. I was constantly amazed by how quickly she learned, and how she made me feel like no other woman before her had been able to make me feel.

But this time making love wasn’t enough. I felt a hunger in my that had nothing to do with sex, and I my fangs sprung forth against my will.

She saw my eyes and my fangs, that face of a monster, and instead of shrinking away from me in fear, she let her head fall back, exposing her neck to me, wordlessly acquiescing to the primal hunger that had caused me to loose control.

“Ana, I can’t,” I told her. I started to push her away, but she took my face in her hands and looked into my eyes with an intensity that made me feel almost as if she were compelling me.

“Damon, I love you. And I trust you. I know you won’t hurt me. I want this for you. For us.”

In the end that was all she had to say to make me give into her wishes. Just knowing that she loved me and trusted me, that she wasn’t afraid of me, was enough to make me do anything for her.

I brought my lips to her throat, kissing the skin there until goose bumps rose up, and then I bit down with a gentleness that I had never before bothered to use with anyone.

She gasped, but then seemed to melt in my arms, entwining her body with mine.

_________________________________________

Eliana

I never thought before that being able to nourish Damon with my blood, being fed on, could ever feel good. My run in with Richard had given me enough reasons to be dubious. But laying in his arms, giving him the very thing that he needed to function, the thing that he craved most, felt so right. I could trust his to take from me without subduing me.

But under all that was a heavy, oppressive weight of guilt. I knew Damon would give me his blood in return. In fact, I counted on it for my survival. Without it I didn’t think I would be able to make it through the next night.

And when Damon brought my mouth to the place where he had cut his own neck, I hated myself. I had tricked him. Granted, I had not come here today with the plan to make him give me his blood, but when presented with the opportunity, I took it without thinking first about just what I was doing. In a way, I was using him. In a way, I was just as bad as Katherine, and if he never forgave me for it, I would be getting just what I deserved.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, things are gettign a little messed up in my opinion. I hated having to rewrite this chapter. And don't worry, I will be giving you longer chapters soon.

Song: Lies- The Black Keys