Status: Completed. Decided not to do a sequel.

Children Of The Damned

Chapter 50

Damon

That small noise was all it took to set the new vampire over the edge, tearing away from Stefan’s grip, tearing away the shirt he had been holding him by in the process.

“No!” I bellowed, knowing that I wouldn’t be fast enough to stop him from making the killing blow.

As Richard reached her, everything went still, and my heart sank into my gut. I rushed to her and the monster, knowing that I was already too late.

But as I got closer, I watched as veins spread across his skin like cracks in marble, and he collapsed onto her like a doll.

And then, finally, it was over. I shoved him off of her, revealing the stake that she had plunged deep into his chest with all her strength.

I took her into my arms, and knew that if she had been as fragile as glass before, she was a soap bubble now.

She smiled at me, and my heart fractured.

“Ana, why did you have to be so stupid?”

The smile remained on her bloodied lips. “I did it,” she said faintly, but I could still hear the triumph clearly in her voice. Tears filled her eyes. “I don’t have to run anymore.”

________________________________________

Eliana

Damon was crying, his tears splashing onto my cheeks until I couldn’t tell whether they were his or mine anymore.

“I love you.” I felt the need to say it, not knowing if I was going to get another chance.

“Stop it,” he said, his voice so sharp that it cut me like a knife.

He bit his wrist, bringing it to my mouth.

“Drink,” he demanded.

I opened my mouth, letting the warmth of his blood heat my body as I drank.

After a while I closed my eyes, feeling as if I hadn’t slept in weeks.

In the distance someone called my name, but I was beyond that now, and when I let go, I let the cool blackness take me, and I knew no more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song: Wires- Athlete