Status: Completed. Decided not to do a sequel.

Children Of The Damned

Chapter 51

Stefan

I drove us home while Damon sat in back with Ana’s body sprawled out across the back seat, her head in his lap. I couldn’t talk to Damon. He wouldn’t speak. It was pointless to try. He was consumed by shock and the stress of the night and Ana’s shallow, irregular breathing.

Once we reached the boarding house, Damon took Ana up in his arms like she was a fragile, injured bird. He laid her down on his bed and ordered me to get her some more blankets and warm water and a wash cloth. I didn’t dare defy him, only silently followed his orders, placing a warm bowl of water on the bedside table and the blankets in his lap.

I watched as he spread the blankets out over her prone, body and kissed her forehead, which was still covered in her own dried blood. She was covered in blood, both hers and Damon’s. The wounds on her body were not healed, and in fact seemed to have only just closed.

Damon soaked the wash cloth, wringing it out before dabbing away the blood on her face and her hands. It wasn’t going to have the same effect as a real bath or shower, but it made the sight of her less frightening to him. He didn’t want to see her broken like that.

She whimpered even in her unconscious state, and that alone was enough to make Damon reopen his wrist again and bring it to her lips again. At first, she choked, soughing up the blood that went into her mouth, but then she started to drink. However, her eyes remained closed.

The moment was too intimate to be comfortable, and soon I left the room, leaving Damon to tend for Ana in peace.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song: Blind (Redux)- Placebo