For What You Are

Skipping Town

Jayne drove down the empty highway at a hundred and twenty miles an hour. Her hair flew behind her as wind buffeted through her open window.

“Every time,” she murmured to herself as she reached over to the passenger seat with her right hand. “Every single time they make me run. As soon as this guy’s dead I quit. I was not cut out for this.” She picked up her phone and speed dialled Sam, her roommate.

“Hello,” she answered.

“Yo Sam,” Jayne replied, swerving as she saw a shadow in her rear view mirror. “I’m going to have to hand in my resignation letter as your roommate.”

“What! Why?”

“You know that stuff I said that I’d gotten out of, it came back to haunt me. So I’m skipping town. I left money for rent in the drawer next to my bed and I’ll send for the rest of my stuff as soon as I’m there-Shit!”

She felt the trunk of her collapse as a heavy mass landed on it. Jayne attempted to shake them off but they held tight.

“All right Sam, I’ve got to go. It’s been nice knowing you.”

And Jayne hung up; oblivious to the ranting that Sam was keeping up on the other end of the line.

“All right then,” she muttered taking her foot off the accelerator and slamming down the brakes. As the car slowed to a halt, she stepped out and stared at the person standing on the roof of her car.

“You know,” she said as she pulled a stake from her boot. “It’s really quite conspicuous when you hitch lifts on the top of cars.”

“And it’s really not attractive when you go around stealing people’s century-old relics,” the guy said as he jumped down onto the bitumen.

“I shouldn’t have to tell you again. That was your girlfriend. You know? The one you dumped because she thought a human guy was hot.”

“She was cheating on me!” he exclaimed in anger, stepping forward. As his face distorted and his fangs began to protrude, Jayne grasped her stake in her hand bringing it up to eye level and said to him, “You killed him and her as well as the guy’s girlfriend. Innocent humans; that breaches the code of this region.”

“What are you going to do little girl? Hurt me with your little stick?”

Jayne swung at him with her foot, tripping him. Without even a second’s hesitation she’d plunged the stake into his heart. He smirked but within a few seconds he was dead - for the second time. She quickly dragged his body to her car and after pulling the dented trunk up, she put him in there and shut it quickly.

Getting back into the driver’s seat, Jayne once again put her foot on the accelerator, driving down the highway aimlessly until she saw the turn off for Mystic Falls...
♠ ♠ ♠
So thanks for reading, i'm hoping this will work out as a full fledged story but at the moment i'm kind of just blurting out a lot of random ideas. So, please show appreciation by commenting and subscribing. Thanks heaps.

Nita. xx