For What You Are

Forget

Jayne watched Kara through her open window as she sat on her laptop. Thoughts ran through her head ceaselessly as Jayne tried to determine how on earth Kara was here. She was so off her guard that at one stage she almost fell out of the tree because of a bat. Regaining her balance, she found Kara writing down something on a piece of paper and turning the computer off. The room was plunged into darkness as Kara drifted into unconsciousness.

Jayne listened carefully until she was sure that there was no movement and Kara’s breathing deepened. She jumped from her tree through the open window and landed lightly on the carpeted floor of Kara’s room.

Quietly, Jayne crept over to where Kara’s laptop sat on her bedside table. She opened it, flinching when she heard the windows start up tune. Her eyes darted to where Kara lay practically dead on her bed.

“Sleeping through a storm,” Jayne murmured to herself. “It never changes.”
Jayne opened up the internet and viewed Kara’s internet history.

“Friends with Kale?” Jayne muttered. “That guy seriously went back to school?”

She went back to the history and looked at what was next on the list. Doing a double take when she saw the name.

“Damn it,” she swore, glancing at Kara’s sleeping face and back to the internet page. “I swear I made her forget this.”

Closing the laptop, she turned Kara’s bedside lamp back on. Sitting on the edge of her bed, she said, “Kara. Wake up.”

Of course, out to the world she didn’t respond. Jayne shook her by the shoulders until she mumbled and opened her eyes. Kara jumped back as soon as she saw Jayne’s figure, plainly freaked out.

“Alright then,” Jayne said looking her dead in the eye. “Nathaniel Henning is just someone you read about on the internet. A historical figure. Your name is just a coincidence. Knowing Kale, he’s probably given you the supernatural myths talk already but NONE of it is true. You are Kara James,” Jayne continued repeating exactly what she’d said a year ago. “You were born in Croydon, before moving to LA. Your birthday is the 15th July and you are seventeen years old. Your parents died when you were twelve. Your guardian always lives somewhere near you, but you never talk. You fill in the gaps. Capiche?”

Kara nodded vaguely, her eyes glazed over. “And I was never here,” Jayne added before turning off the light. Letting her eyes adjust to the sudden darkness, she saw Kara slumping back into her bed and Jayne made her way back out the way she had come.

Honestly, she thought to herself as she climbed nibly down the tree, making Kara forget had worked for hundreds of years, but now it seemed she might be growing immune to it.

A severely annoying fact.
♠ ♠ ♠
Seven days til Christmas. Yay!
To those of you...and i'm assuming it's most people....have a happy summer/winter break. Whichever floats your boat. I'd love it to be winter but unfortunately, i'm stuck with summer. Oh well, at least i get the pool. =]
Thanks for reading.

Nita.xx