For What You Are

The Beginning

After intending to wake up at 7.00, Kara wasn’t actually up until 11. She had already been awake however she seemed unable to stop thinking. And when she got started…it didn’t seem to end.

Her head wasn’t hurting, it just felt like it was stuffed with cotton wool and she’d run headfirst into a steel coated brick wall. Which meant she couldn’t seem to walk in a straight line and her eyes kept on blurring but it didn’t hurt. It was more of a numb sensation that gradually faded as she got ready and attempted to study to no avail.

Part of the reason was that her mind was flying a gazillion miles above the ground lost in thought and the other factor was that for some reason even though she couldn’t remember any of the stuff in her textbooks yesterday; today she was bored with everything she was reading.

Reading through the first few chapters of her geography textbook, Kara could remember learning all of it, but then she went further, reading past where they were up to in school, yet already knowing everything that she was reading and not where she’d gotten the information.

As it neared 1 o’clock and she started to get hungry, she made herself some noodles and sat down to eat it. While she was cleaning up, her phone rang. It was seven metres down the hallway, on the floor close to her window.

And it was on silent.

“This is crazy,” she muttered to herself as she picked it up off the floor and opened the message flashing on her screen.

On my way.

“Whoops,” Kara muttered, having completely forgotten that she was supposed to go to Damon’s. Quickly she ran towards the bathroom to have a shower before he arrived. Surprising even herself, she was there faster than expected.

Turning around and looking back the way she came, her brow furrowed. She took a few steps forward and ran down the corridor, but at normal speed. Shaking it off, Kara walked back to the bathroom, feeling a little jolt but ignoring it even if she did see herself jump a few steps.

“Nothing’s wrong with you,” she muttered to herself as the water cascaded over her. “You’re just having a special moment.”

She rushed back to her room with her towel wrapped around her expecting to see her clothes laid out on her bed, except she saw a guy in her room looking at some of her books. It took her a moment to realise it was Damon. Immediately she felt self-conscious in the fact that she was wearing nothing but a wet towel.

“How the hell did you get in here?”

“The front door,” he said without looking up. “You may need to lock it occasionally.”

“Well do you mind?” she asked pointedly.

“As a matter of fact I don’t,” he responded with a smirk, putting the book down. “But apparently you do. I’ll be outside.”

He walked past her and she let out a sigh of relief as he closed the door behind him. Hurriedly, she threw on her clothes and walked out of the room drying her hair with her towel.

“Sorry,” she called down the hallway. “Just a minute!”

Rushing down the hallway to put her towel away and brush her teeth, Kara felt the little jump thing again only this time it didn’t surprise her. It sort of felt natural.

Wow, she thought to herself, definitely going crazy.

Two minutes later she had her handbag, keys and phone and was walking out to meet Damon who sat with his eyes closed, laying on the lounge.

“You ready to go?” he asked, keeping his eyes shut.

“Yep,” Kara replied. “Let’s go. And I dearly hope this is better than last night.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Possibly the shortest chapter and i am very sorry i didn't update, i was on a music camp this weekend. And i swear, doing homework is overrated.
Also, i'm looking at the figured on my readers for the chapters and for some random reason i have like, 8, then 7 and then it jumps back up to 10? I dunno...is that normal?
Anywho, enjoy.

Nita.xx