For What You Are

Conversation

“Pick up, pick up,” Kara muttered, tapping her fingers impatiently on the table.

The bell rang.

In an instant, Kara was opening the door and saying to Katherine, “Come in.”

She tried to take a step in but the invitation didn’t seem to be valid.

“That’s weird,” Kara commented, staring around the doorframe. “It should’ve worked.”

“It only works for humans,” Katherine replied, motioning Kara outside to meet her. She closed the door behind her. Kara was disconcerted by the fact that Katherine thought she wasn't a human., but she shrugged it off.

“No lock?”

“Ally’s home,” Kara answered.

“Ah yes, the witch who has no idea of the power she’s capable of. Never let her team up with Bonnie Bennett. We’d all be dead in a second.”

“I’ll bear that in mind,” Kara said, trying to remember if she’d ever met Bonnie Bennett. “So, I rang Damon before, he’s apparently not going to the party.”

“He has to if he doesn’t want to see every person in this town murdered. Him and Stefan; they will both be there to share in my pleasure when I have the moon stone safely in my hand.”

“Which means he didn’t want me there.”

“And that means they’re planning something,” Katherine deducted. “And I doubt it’s pleasant, at least on my account. I’m going to need to get in touch with my witch.”

“You have a witch?”

“Don’t we all?” Katherine responded. “Seven o’clock at the Lockwood Mansion.”

“Aye aye captain,” Kara replied with a mock salute and walking back to the door, halting with a start as she saw Ally standing there with a questioning glance on her face.

Kara opened and closed her mouth several times before saying, “Look, I can explain.”

“I’m fairly certain that you can,” Ally responded calmly. “But Katherine Pierce – bad news.”

“I think we both know that,” Kara responded. “And you’ve known all along who I was haven’t you?”

Ally nodded, “I have.”

“So, I guess you want that family heirloom back?”

“The necklace?”

Kara nodded, shooting upstairs and arriving back in front of Ally in a split second carrying the wooden heart dangling from her hand. Ally took it quickly and put in her pocket before stepping aside and holding the door open.

“I’ve got nothing against a vampire slayer,” she said. “Especially one as prestigious as you. So you are welcome to stay here under the same conditions as before. I’m going to the Lockwood’s but I’m going to a friend’s to get ready. I’m assuming you’ll be at the party?”

“Of course,” Kara replied sincerely. “Wouldn’t miss it.”

Ally smiled and walked past her, her car door unlocking with a loud beep. As she exited the driveway and drove down the road, she pulled out her phone but waited until she was at least five streets away before ringing Jayne.

“I’ve got the necklace,” she said when she heard the phone pick up on the other end.

“Well,” Jayne hesitated before answering. “Fine, come to my house, but aren’t you going to the party?”

“It doesn’t take me that long to get ready.”

“Well...is this line secure?”

“Er...yes actually,” Ally replied, remembering the charm she’d used as soon as she’d picked up the magic again.

“All right,” Jayne continued. “15 Crossline Street.”

“Really?” Ally replied questioningly. “You live on Crossline? And nobody’s noticed that you live in the dead centre of town?”

“Hiding in plain sight.”

“I’ll see you in a few,” Ally said, hanging up the phone as she drove through town. But just before she drove onto Crossline Street, she took a left and swung into a small dead end street. Driving up the driveway of the house at the end of the road, she stepped out quickly and walked up to knock on the door. It opened before she had touched the wood.

“Ally?” the short dark girl asked.

“Sorry to bother you before the party Bonnie,” she said. “But i was wondering...do you happen to have my Grimoire?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter for you all, just so you know the characters in the chapters won't be focused anymore. They're branching out, if you didn't get that already. So subscribe, comment...

Nita.xx