For What You Are

Klaus and Kanuea

“Well we wouldn’t be in Mystic Falls if someone wasn’t trying to kill me,” was all that Katherine responded with when Kara told her about the plan. “Although I do admit it disturbs me to think that they’re willing to stage something this big in public. I’m going to go and find Stefan, I might check what their plan is with Caroline.”

“You do that,” Kara replied, glancing around the room for a sign that something else was up.

“Oh, and Kara,” she said, turning back around. “Find something to do. You look really suspicious.”

“Thanks,” Kara muttered, picking up some grapes from a nearby platter. Her phone began to vibrate in her purse and she answered it to find Ally on the other end.

“Where are you?” Kara inquired as she watched Bonnie notice Lucy across the room. Well it was only a matter of time. Two witches in a room? As if Katherine thought that they wouldn’t find each other. Bonnie was probably going to get suspicious now…

“I just got here,” Ally replied. “Sorry about that. I’m out the front if you want to come meet me.”

“Thank God,” Kara answered, beginning to walk to the front door. “I’m bored out of my brains.” She hung up as she met up with Ally.

“You look amazing,” Ally gushed.

“You too,” Kara commented, glancing at her mask and noting the distinct technique of painting that Jayne liked to use. She actually thought it was pretty, but her pride was forbidding her from saying it was actually nice.

Her phone vibrated again and she pulled it out and checked the text –

Stop conversing with the witch. I want you to make sure that Tyler completes his transformation. Compel Amy in case Matt fails.

– “Whatever you say Ms. Pierce,” Kara murmured. “Errands,” she continued to Ally. “I’m sorry.”

Ally watched Kara scamper off before checking her own phone. It was really hard to pick sides at the moment because honestly she actually didn’t care. She was on Kanuea’s side. Always on Kanuea’s side.

Being a witch, it just seemed easier to place loyalties with another witch rather than deciding between vampires, vampire hunters and every other supernatural being on the planet.

Ally walked through the party to try and find another Kanuea student, knowing quite well that most of them weren’t witches or warlocks. They were vampires. And actually vampires that both Kara and Jayne knew.

“Hey Ally!”

She spun around and found Rodney and Jayden calling her across the room. “How are you?”

“Same old,” she replied. “How’ve you guys been? Weren’t you supposed to be investigating tonight?”

“We were,” they replied in unison.

“But then,” Jayden said, "I figured that it would be more fun at a party rather than out hunting for information on a dead person.”

“She’s not bloody dead!” Rodney responded to Jayden’s comment.

“That’s what Kale would have you believe,” Jayden replied, with a sigh.

“She’s not dead,” Ally stated. “Someday soon she’s going to show herself.”

“You keep hoping for that day little witch,” Jayden responded, patting her on the shoulder and beginning to walk away. “I'm going to try and find Quentin.”

“Just before you leave,” Ally started, turning back to Rodney who had made to follow Jayden. “Could you please stop attacking Kara. She honestly doesn’t need a clue to start digging into the Kanuea business.”

“How did you know?”

“I was watching when you attacked her a few weeks back outside of the house. It seriously freaked her out but I don’t think she connected it to when Quentin made to repeat your actions at Hailey’s party. Be thankful or we’d have even more people breathing down our necks.”

Rodney glanced past Ally towards Jayden before leaning down to her height and muttering, “It doesn’t matter anymore. Klaus has found Kanuea.”

With those words he followed Jayden but Ally could only stay in the same position, rooted to the floor in shock and fear. Kanuea was a legendary Ancient Witch. But Klaus? He was ancient, modern, legend, myth, feared and followed by vampires, witches and warlocks alike. For Klaus to want to team up the greatest witch of all time could only mean one thing. He was going to evolve…

But he was going to take every one who hated him to the grave at the same time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the long wait. I had a busy holiday for the first time in my life.
Comments please!

Nita.xx