For What You Are

Katherine Tombed

Kara watched as Matt acted like a complete idiot under the influence of alcohol, but as soon as she saw Tyler begin to get angry she left knowing that if Matt failed, she had compelled Sarah to complete the task considering “Aimee” was nowhere to be found. Katherine’s research obviously hadn’t extended to spelling. So by the end of the night, it was fairly certain Tyler’s werewolf gene would be triggered.

As she walked outside, she heard yelps of pain coming from her left and peeking around the corner she saw Elena crying out, her hands coated in blood. Bonnie and Jeremy were shocked.

“Oh my God,” Kara exclaimed, running to her. “What happened?”

“I don’t know,” she groaned, staring in shock at her stomach where a wound was spreading blood across her clothes.

“Jeremy,” Bonnie started, “Tell them it’s hurting her. Whatever they do to Katherine is hurting Elena. Kara!”

Bonnie just realised she was there and her face became fearful in astonishment. “I-I-can explain-”

“No point,” Kara replied. “You have to do something before she bleeds out.”

“But I can’t-“

“Don’t bother with the bullshit Bonnie, just, you know, take away her pain or something.”

She looked up at Kara in confusion but held Elena’s hand and talked to her anyway.

“I can’t heal it, but I'm going to try and take some of the pain away,” she said to Elena. As soon as Kara saw that Elena was easing up on the loud cries, she made to leave. But Jeremy was back and telling Bonnie that Katherine had a witch on her side. Kara, of course, knew it was Lucy.

She wanted to go but after Elena refused to take Jeremy’s immortality ring, she decided to stay. Elena didn’t deserve to die. Kara felt cheated by the fact that Katherine hadn’t told her anything about this. Actually, she felt more than cheated. She kind of felt angry. Damn, the alliance that she had wanted to maintain with Katherine was certainly going down the drain. Hell, Kara was getting out of this completely.

“Kara,” Elena murmured. “You knew that Bonnie was a witch.”

“Instinct,” Kara shrugged.

“If that was instinct then I'm a talking duck.”

“It could happen,” she murmured.

“You just seemed like the only normal person in this town,” Elena answered, managing to sit up by herself, but not without some pain. “So what’s your story.”

“He,” Kara breathed, getting up before putting her hand out to Elena. “Extremely long winded. And considering you’re bleeding out here, I doubt you want to hear it right now.”

“Elena!”

Stefan came shooting round the corner as Elena gained her feet. He jumped when he saw Kara. “What are you doing here Kara?”

“Leaving,” she smiled. “I'll see you all later.”

“Bye,” Elena replied as Stefan still stared at her curiously. Kara followed Jeremy’s footsteps to where Lucy was walking away from Bonnie. Hurrying after her, she called out, “Katherine?”

“Got what was coming to her,” Lucy answered, turning around and waving as she kept walking backwards. “It’s time that we stopped meddling in the affairs of vampires Slayer.”

Kara smiled slowly, “But it always used to be my job to purposely meddle in their affairs. And I'm probably going to get back to it now.”

“Good luck with that,” Lucy called back and walked into the dark.

Kara waited there for a moment before shooting back into the house to find that Damon and Stefan had already cleaned up after themselves and Damon had almost certainly taken Katherine. But when she stepped outside again and began to run towards her home, she found herself drawn to a certain area where she knew there used to be a church…and a tomb.

And it was there that she came face to face with Damon Salvatore. Only, he didn’t call her by her name.

“Slayer, what are you doing here?” he asked in shock. Never mind Kara’s shock when she found out he knew that she was a slayer.

“On my way home,” she replied, wanting to get out of there quickly. But Damon blocked her as she tried to avoid him.

“Not so fast,” he replied. “We’ve got Katherine if you hadn’t already realised.”

“I know,” she answered. “And I'm going home. Goodnight.”

“She’s in the tomb,” he said, holding her arm. “If you want to talk to her or whatever it is that you have to sort out. We’ve decided to draw out her death. She could have valuable information.”

“Aha,” Kara said, wondering why he was telling her all this. “I'm going. Now. Goodnight.”

And with those words, she sped from his presence and all the way to the front door of her house where she unlocked the door and went into her bedroom. Removing her mask and throwing it on her bed, she heard movement in Ally’s room and poked her head in.

“You’re back early,” Kara commented from the doorway. “Where-What on earth are you doing?”

Walking away from her laptop, Ally threw a few shirts into a filling suitcase on her bed.

“Yeah, impromptu holiday. Take care of the house for a few days all right? I'll be back by Friday I hope.”

“You hope? This doesn’t have anything to do with Katherine being put away and a dangerous underlying plot does it?”

“Katherine’s been put away?” Ally asked. “Thank God. That bitch has been ruining people’s lives more than enough.” She slammed closed her bag followed by her laptop.

“Assuredly you can make your own food, clean up your own mess, lock the door when you leave and whatnot. There’s been a fair bit of vampire activity around here lately as I'm sure you’re aware.”

Kara pulled out a wooden stake in explanation and Ally responded with a nod. “Well you have fun with that. I however, need my six hours of sleep before I fly out tomorrow.”

“Any clue as to where and why you’re going?” Kara inquired as Ally went over to shut the door.

“Listening ears Kara,” Ally replied, with a small smile. “You never know who could be hearing our every word.”

Kara turned and went back to her room as Ally shut the door. Getting changed into her pyjamas she found tiredness overcoming her. However, as she crawled under her covers, she could swear she heard the sound of pattering feet somewhere nearby. The howl of a lone wolf made its way into her dreams.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter. Hope you all enjoy!

Nita.xx