For What You Are

Enemy

Kara woke up to an empty house the next day. Ally had left for the airport early that morning and left nothing but cold air behind her.

Walking around slowly, Kara contemplated going to see Katherine. But then she remembered what had happened last night. Katherine had her own agenda. So now, so did Kara.

As she set about making her breakfast at lightning speed she still couldn’t help but feel that even though her whole life had been remembered there was still something missing. Something that was really big and was literally staring her right in the face.

Considering there was now a thousand years of information stored up inside what must be a massive memory, Kara decided to call up her school and drop out. They informed her that she still had to come in and do the necessary paperwork as well as having her guardian come in.

“Right,” she scoffed. Well, she was going to need someone to fill in that job. Which made her curious; how had she been enrolled before if she didn’t have a guardian? Someone must have stepped in.

Jayne, she assumed as anger coursed through her. That girl had more personalities than Stefan Salvatore on a blood bender.

“Compulsion woman!” Kara said to herself after a moment’s thought and without further ado, sped over to school where she compelled the office ladies into believing that she was her guardian and officially dropped out of high school.

“Freedom,” she groaned in relief, walking out of the school with a loud sigh. She flipped her sunglasses down onto her eyes as a familiar voice called out from the sidewalk.

“Slayer!”

Kara turned slowly to see Damon Salvatore walking up to her. Once again, she found herself asking why he knew what she was.

“I was – Kara! Nice to see you!”

“Nice to see you too Salvatore.”

“So, did you enjoy the party last night?”

“It was reasonable,” Kara shrugged. “Masquerade’s not really my thing.”

Damon nodded before seeing Stefan on the road waiting by the car. “Well, must be going – lots to do.”

“Do you even have a job?”

“I er…volunteer.”

“Aha,” Kara replied in disbelief as he turned to walk past her. “I'll see you later then.”

“Maybe,” he replied before spinning back around. “What are you doing tomorrow night?”

“Working?” she questioned, more to herself than anyone else.

“School?” he asked curiously.

“Dropped out,” Kara smiled. “I finally had the guts to.”

“Nice. Well, my house? Seven?”

“Sounds like a plan.”

“See you tomorrow then.”

“Indeed.”

Damon walked off quickly in the direction of the car where Stefan began to berate him for taking so long. But as they got in the car Kara walked along the backstreets until she was walking past the house where Kale lived. Only, when she knocked on the door, no one answered. Checking around the back of the small house she saw all the windows and blinds closed even though it was midday. She found the back door unlocked and slipped into the house which was completely lit up inside by electricity.

“Hey Kale,” a voice called through the house. “Can you get me a bag of B neg. from the back fridge?”

“Sure thing.”

“And shut the door behind you eh? I can feel a draft.”

“That you most certainly can Jay,” Kara heard a murmur right behind her and spun around only to have her raised arm caught in a vampire’s grip.

“Kara,” Kale said.

“Kale,” she responded pulling her arm out of his grip with her slayer strength.

“What are you doing here?”

“Wanted to talk to you.”

“No thanks,” he replied, going out into the laundry to pick up his friends blood bag. Kara followed him persistently. “I've had enough dealings with slayers.”

“Ah, but you haven’t met me.”

“I've been hanging around with you for the past couple of weeks Kara. I'm pretty sure I met you a while back.”

“And you fooled me,” Kara said. “Kudos to you. But thing is, I'm not some oblivious child anymore. I'm back.”

“That much I figured last night when you threw off my arm like I was a toy.”

“And that really is all you are to me,” she reminded him. “So it would be wise to remember it.”

“Can’t you just get out of the house Kara?”

“Not until you tell me what the hell is going on in this town.”

“You can’t be here,” Kale hissed. “This isn’t my house and my friends won’t take kindly to you.”

“Then where do you live?” Kara asked in response. He’d lied the first day he met her. I was a complete fool, she berated herself.

“I live with Hailey,” Kale answered.

“Of course you do,” Kara breathed, looking outside. “I'll meet you at Hailey’s in ten. Don’t be late.”

“No worries,” Kale said sarcastically.

“I'm not your enemy Kale,” Kara said as she walked out before muttering to herself. “My only enemy is my sister.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I am not dead, although it could seem like it.
So...severe writers block, some serious confidence issues, working on my original story and...
You get this. Apologies if it's not up to scratch, but stuff happens. I would appreciate comments more now than ever because i'm not sure if i should continue this or not since i don't know if anyone's on this website. Rest assured, you will still be able to read it because i am currently in the process of posting the chapters on fanfiction.net.
But please, read, comment and subscribe!