For What You Are

Damon Salvatore

Jayne felt the cold air hit her hot skin making her shiver. She saw the leaves fly past her in slow-motion as she swung around at a superhuman speed before her leg made contact with a head. She heard a resounding crack and found herself with a stake in hand, poised for the kill.

“They’re coming,” the guy said to her, his voice distorted through the blood that was flowing from his mouth. “You’d better run slayer.”

Jane plunged the silver into his heart before pulling her lighter out of her right boot and lighting the corpse on fire.

Her emotionless eyes gave away no fear as she stood in the light of the flickering flames. As she slid her stake back into her left boot, the flames began to diminish and no evidence was left of the vampire’s existence.

“That’s some pretty good fire.”

Jayne’s stake was back in her hand in a nanosecond. “Who’s there?” she asked to the dark, not being able to see anybody around her.

“Well, if I tell you, you’re going to kill me aren’t you?”

“Maybe not,” she replied. But both her and the unknown attacker knew that at any opportune moment, if this guy was a vampire – which judging by his attitude, he most likely was – she would drive the stake through his heart without a second thought.

“Considering the circumstances,” the male voice said, “I’d say that you’re a slayer. But you look a bit young to be out killing vampires.”

“Do you want to put that to the test Damon Salvatore?” she replied finally recognising the voice.

“You know me then?”

“I always do my research when I come to a new town. It’s unusual to find such a concentration of vampires in such a small town – and you and your brother seem to be the centre of much controversy concerning the supernatural world. And given your track record…I’m sure I don’t need an excuse to kill you.”

“Go for it,” the still invisible Damon Salvatore replied. “You’d have to find me first.”

“It shouldn’t be too hard,” Jayne said with a smile as she made to walk down the road. “After all, this town isn’t that big. Once I’m done with the guys trying to kill me, you’re next on my list. Unless you’re trying to kill me too?”

She didn’t receive an answer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, this has to be the fastest updating story that I've every written. So please, subscribe comment, whatevs.

Nita. xx