Status: Up and running :)

Save Yourself, I'll Hold Them Back

Na Na Na

Since it was impossible to face-off against the Scarecrow Unit for now, Party Poison came up with a idea that wasn't like his other usual ideas.

"Let's split up," he blurted out. Everyone's heads turned to him in shock and surprise. This was the first time that the Killjoys' leader came up with such a plan. Party Poison always wanted them to be together no matter what. Nobody shouldn't be ever left behind again. That was part of the plan earlier. But they didn't want to overreact because it would lead to misunderstandings and complications that they would die before actually agreeing to a final decision. The Scarecrow Unit was a force to be reckoned with. They were upgraded Draculoids, being bulletproof and having more firepower.

Party Poison knew that his fellow members thought of him like that. He had no choice. He knew that fighting against them would lead them to their eventual deaths. He didn't want the Killjoys to die oh so soon. Besides, that was what his voice told him, after all.

"Facing that unit head-on is impossible at the moment so we should take them down one by one. Don't forget to bring your walkie talkies with you. We gotta find out their weaknesses. And once found out, ya'll should immediately inform about it," Party Poison further explained, holding onto one of the walkie talkies. The other members looked at one another before agreeing to their leader's suggestion. This was by far the most life-threatening idea the redheaded made. But that was called a 'spice of life'.

"Right," Jet Star said as he nodded again. He then spotted an area with a lot of possible hiding spots so that was where he forcefully stopped the car. The other three opened the car door quickly before jumping out and running for dear life. Jet Star remained in the car and was determined to outrun the unit.

"Go, go, go!" Party Poison exclaimed. Fun Ghoul, Kobra Kid and Party Poison ran in different directions. The Scarecrow Unit had no choice but to follow the three other members as the driver of the unit's car decided to follow Jet Star.

Each of them were running like there was no tomorrow. Their lives were pretty much on the line, after all.

Party Poison was running in a zigzag pattern so that the Scarecrow that was following may have a hard time aiming to shoot him. And all the while, the redhead would glance at the one following him to give him a clue, a clue specifically about the other's weak spot. It wasn't impossible for a Scarecrow to have a weak spot. A spot that was vulnerable yet almost invisible to the eye.

Fun Ghoul, on the other hand, was running backwards as he tried shooting at the Scarecrow following him a few times to no avail. The bulletproof armor was proven much effective, to Fun Ghoul's dismay.

Kobra Kid became the bravest and toughest one so far since he decided to take a Scarecrow head-on. He wasn't going to kill it yet though. He would just try to examine it as much as possible, up close to be exact. The Scarecrow and the Killjoy fought in hand-to-hand combat. Luckily, Kobra Kid landed a few punches to the other but he received the same amount of knuckle sandwiches as well.

Jet Star was driving the car to its limit, trying to be as far from the unit's car as possible. There could more Scarecrows in the car so he had the toughest job so far in the team.

The Killjoy team leader managed to land a shot at a Scarecrow's arm. It didn't penetrate the Scarecrow's armor but it distracted it for one second. That was all the time Party Poison needed to jump to one side and roll to a chunk of debris. To his convenience, Party Poison happened to encounter a detonator.

"Let's blow an artery... Keep your apology... Give us more detonation..." the peculiar voice echoed in his head. He raised an eyebrow as he held onto the detonator. He took a peek to see the Scarecrow walking his way. He was still walking from a distance but if he would make the detonator explode, he would be included in it too. That wasn't optional.

"Pull this pin, let this world explode," the voice said again. When Party Poison examined the detonator carefully, he realized that it was a safety detonator. The line could be pulled then thrown at a distance. Party Poison was so used to throwing stuff that he could actually be a javelin athlete.

"Everyone wants to change the world, but no one wants to die," Party Poison muttered to himself with a smirk as he pulled the pin and immediately threw the detonator to the Scarecrow. When he heard a loud explosion, he couldn't help but chuckle.

When he took a peek again, he saw that the Scarecrow was no more. And that was where he found the weakness. When he was about to inform his members about it, they went ahead on calling him. It seemed that they found out about it as well.

Fun Ghoul was running when the Scarecrow following and trying to shoot him happened to step on a landmine, making it blow to pieces. Kobra Kid, on the other hand, happened to combine gas and other extremely flammable (and explosive) ingredients from a nearby deserted store. He threw it at the Scarecrow and took cover. When his improvised grenade exploded, the Scarecrow exploded to pieces as well. As for Jet Star, he happened to drift in time while the Scarecrow driving didn't, making it crash onto a huge boulder. Gas and fume leaked and together, it made the whole car explode.

Party Poison's plan was a success. But still, the redhead was still worried about that voice inside his head. But if weren't for that voice, he wouldn't have killed the Scarecrow in the nick of time.

"Good job, boys," he said through the walkie talkie, sighing in relief that each and every one in team was a-okay. "Time to gather up in the diner. It's time to meet up with Dr. D again."

The leader then walked his way to the diner, humming cheerfully one of the songs he would always hear on the radio. "Na na na na..."
♠ ♠ ♠
After a year of not updating, I've finally updated it!
Woohoo!
I decided to update this story coz it's action-packed and has no pairings! Huzzah!
And I love each and every MCR song from the bottom of my heart. <3