Status: Done! Sequel coming/in progress.

The Redhead, and The Dreamer.

Type.

I almost died at lunch, because even though I was already aware of the fact that Crystal had a thing for Ethan and knew she’d spend the whole half an hour flirting crazily, I didn’t really think Ethan was going to return the favor. I should have gotten a clue when as we walked over, his eyes bugged out of his head slightly, or when Crystal introduced herself he seemed incredibly eager to tell her his and even reach out for an incredibly cheesy handshake, but it still hit me by surprise.

“So, if you two are best friends, why weren’t you hanging around the other night in the woods, Crissy?” She’d told him she goes by that, even though she hadn’t gone by Crissy since the beginning of the seventh grade when she decided she was too grown up for the supposedly ‘childish’ nickname. “It would’ve been so much more fun.” I felt like I’d just been slapped in the face. Apparently, this was the ultimate way to make me feel like I wasn’t good enough, and it hurt. It hurt a lot.

“I was hanging around, but I didn’t want to interrupt.” Crystal said with a smile. “It really looked like the two of you were getting really close.”

Ethan looked from me to Crystal a few times then laughed loudly. “No. Not at all.” He said. “We’re just kind of friends I suppose. I don’t really look at Skylar here like that. She’s not exactly my type.”

Crystal smiled. “Oh, and what about me? Am I your type?”

Ethan smiled too, more than a half-smile. He gave her a full, bright smile he’d never really given me. “Possibly.” was all he said. I nearly screamed.