Status: Done! Sequel coming/in progress.

The Redhead, and The Dreamer.

You never heard me.

That next Monday, Ethan and Crystal parade around the halls of our school holding hands, and not caring who really sees their random acts of PDA throughout the day. At lunch, they sit too close and whisper secrets back and forth and giggle for ten minutes before I calm down enough inside to start a decent conversation with them.

“So, I signed up to be in the talent show today.” I said. Crystal shrugged. I’d done the talent show the past two years too. It was nothing new. You wouldn’t believe how good I was at coming in second place in that thing, but I still wanted to give it another go. I was one of those people who never really talked about performing, or singing, or anything like that even though it was my passion.

Ethan seemed generally interested. “There’s a talent show? When? Can anyone enter?” he attacked me with questions for nearly the rest of the lunch period before he finally smiled a wide full smile and announced to the two of us that he was going to win the talent show, easy.

“Don’t get so cocky, Batman.” I said half defensively, half sarcastically. “I’m pretty good myself. I might just beat you.”

“You’ve never heard me.” He countered quickly.

“You’ve never heard me.” I shot back the same comment swiftly, coolly.

“Oh joy.” Crystal said sarcastically giving me eyes like daggers. I suppose she was mad Ethan and I had something in common finally, even though I was just ecstatic about it myself.