Status: Done! Sequel coming/in progress.

The Redhead, and The Dreamer.

Won't.

I was only a little bit surprised when Crystal walked up to me the day before the talent show and asked me to just drop out and let Ethan win this one. At first, I seriously thought she was just joking around. I mean, I'd been her best friend for awhile now, and she'd really was only just starting to get to know Ethan as they fooled around together. She wouldn't seriously want me to drop out on something that was important to me, because she was a decent friend. The only problem was, she seriously did. It was like the ultimate slap in the face really.

"I'm not going to drop out." I told her, shrugging nonchalantly as we made our way through the lunch line together that day. "I've worked really hard on this. Dropping out would just be stupid at this point."

"But Ethan's a senior." she reminded me quickly. "We have a whole year after this one before we graduate, but this is his last year. Think about it. It could really help his confidence as a musician if you just let him have this one."

"What about my confidence as a musician?" I shot back at her defensively. I'd never really thought of myself as any sort of a musician or anything really other than your average 'two cent' whore before that moment, so it felt nice to have a decent title tacked onto my name, even if it was one I knew I couldn't ever live up to.

"What are you talking about?" Crystal asked. "You only enter the talent show to get attention every year. Hell, if you weren't so popular around school, you'd probably never even place in anything anyway."

That seriously stung. I wasn't that bad of a singer, was I? No. I couldn't be. Singing was something I loved even before dying my hair and everything else. I used to be one hell of a choir kid my freshman and sophomore years of high school. I had to be at least somewhat decent after two years of being the choir teacher's pet before dropping the class for fashion that year. That really had to count for something.

"I'm not dropping out." I said blandly, even though her comment had seriously gotten to me. "I'm doing this for me, and if he wants to win, he'll have to win fair and square. It's as simple as that."

Crystal sighed loudly. "Don't be mad when he beats you." she said.

"He won't."
♠ ♠ ♠
Click!