Status: Done! Sequel coming/in progress.

The Redhead, and The Dreamer.

Fake.

A half of a year passes, and now nobody even remembers the old Skylar. Hell, my name wasn’t even really Skylar anymore to most people other than teachers and my mother. Everyone else just called me Sky, and I was completely okay with that. A lot of guys had told me that ‘Sky’ is loads hotter a name than ‘Skylar’.

Crystal and I got a bit of a reputation after doing this huge make out show for a group of guys at a party at the end of the summer, and now we weren’t exactly the most liked girls around school. I would’ve never thought someone like me could ever become one of the most well known school sluts, but it was too late to try to go back and change what I’d done to get the title. We just rolled with it, and tried to act like it didn’t bother us that none of our friends let us meet their boyfriends or male family members anymore.

Then, all of a sudden there he was, someone who was always at the parties and drinking but would never hook up with me or anyone else no matter how hard we tried. His name was Ethan, and he was 6 feet 2 inches of straight up mystery. He liked to hang around in the corner of the room, or at the edge of the woods, look completely gorgeous, and play his guitar. If he was trying to impress a girl, he’d sing to her a random love song as she walked by him, and you would not believe how many times I strode by him half-drunk , hoping he’d play me something, anything special. He never did.

Ethan ended up being in my Calculus class that year, and I sat behind him wishing he’d turn around and say something to me for a week before I finally caught him on his way out of class and asked him one blunt question.

“Why aren’t you into me?” I would’ve screamed it, if I’d thought it was going to help my chances any, but I didn’t. “Every other guy in the world is.”

Ethan looked at me as if he was going to burst out laughing for a few seconds before shrugging. He ran his fingers through my still firework red bangs, and giving me a small crooked smile that could’ve killed me right then and there. “I’m not really the type of guy to be into fake things.” He said then just walked away, leaving me feeling stupid and rejected.