Status: Done! Sequel coming/in progress.

The Redhead, and The Dreamer.

Puppy Guarded.

“I thought you said ‘go ahead’?!” Crystal shrieked at me once we were safely back at her house a few hours later. Her face had turned from a pale creamy color to bright pink. It wasn’t any secret that she was royally pissed at me. “You fucking puppy guarded him the whole fucking time. No one else even got a chance to get close.”

“We were just talking.” I said simply, even though I knew I really had been trying to keep other girls from approaching him by talking to him all night and keeping him as busy as I possibly could. “You could’ve walked up and started talking to us and flirting at any time. You just didn’t.”

“Sure, I could have.” Crystal groaned. She sounded really annoyed, but I didn’t call her on it. She really did have a right to be. I essentially just spent the whole night vagina blocking her. “I walked by five times tonight waiting for him to look my way, let alone play me anything, and every single time you two were so deep in conversation that he didn’t even glance at me. I’ve never felt so ugly in my life.”

“You’re not ugly.” I assured her. I shouldn’t have had to assure her, because I knew dozens of guys must have already mentioned something tonight before I did. “Hell, I could probably introduce you to him or something Monday if it’s really all that important.”

Crystal studied me as I leaned down into the bathroom sink’s running warm water, washing gobs of black makeup from around my eyes all at once. “I guess that’s better than nothing.” She said. “He has the same lunch as us. See if you can get him to come sit.”

I shrugged and then nodded. “No promises or anything, but I suppose I can try.”