Sequel: Anchor.
Status: Complete.

Love Gone Mad

One Could Only Hope.

A gentle breeze whisked its way through the open window that Adara rested her head upon. She was lounging inside the window box of her bedroom, watching the wind collide into the steam that rose of her mug of hot tea. Resting in the palm of her hand was her engagement ring. She studied the piece of diamond adorned jewelry. Sighed. The tip of her finger circled the rim of the ring while she entertained a thought.

A thought she’d let her mind linger upon while she sat in the silence of her bedroom, mediating on all the events that had come to pass. A fanciful smile greeted her lips the moment this particular thought waltzed through the door of her mind.

Adara Rose Weasley.

Tell Adara that statement four years ago and she would have scoffed at the truth. Yet, here she was. A future bride. To be married to a man whom she would have never expected to ask for her hand in marriage.

She wouldn’t be sitting in this moment, pondering what she was…if it wasn’t for that letter. Adara smiled and gently slipped the ring back in her finger. She reached over and clenched her cup of tea and drank in its jasmine scented warmth. Allowing herself a day of relaxation before the anxiety of wedding planning set in.

Narcissa had taken the liberty of getting all the preparations started, which had consumed her world in the short period of five days.

Wedding invitations. A venue. A guest list. Catering. A wedding cake. Attire for the wedding party. Deciding on a wedding party. The rings. The wedding’s color scheme. A white dress…

Adara's mind spun just thinking of all the decisions she'd have to start making tomorrow. Granted, George would be by her side; offering suggestions and blessing her with opinions. She felt so lucky to have a man like him.

"Knock, knock," came a voice behind Adara's bedroom door; snapping her from the thoughts that were previously the with-holder of her attention.

"Come in," Adara replied in a sing-song voice as she vaulted towards the door. Becoming anxious to feel the embrace of the one who stood just outside.

"Well, hello to you too," George chuckled as Adara collided into his startled arms. He kissed her on the cheek and continued to laugh as he saw Adara's eyes avert to what he was holding behind his back.

"For you, beautiful," George announced as he revealed a bountiful bouquet of white roses to his fiancé.

"Oh, George," Adara breathed as she brought the flowers up to her nose, taking in their sweet fragrance. "Thank you."

"You're more than welcome," George expressed, staring at the women before him. The women he'd be marring...as soon as they picked a date. "I figured giving you roses would be clever," he continued with his charming smile playing across his lips. "Get it?"

Adara inwardly laughed and bit her bottom lip, "Oh, so clever, Weasley." She took in the scent of the roses George had given her once more before speaking. "Rose is my middle name."

"You should probably put those in water," George suggested while he stretched his arms behind his head. Adara nodded in response and slipped a pair of her white fizzy slippers onto her bare feet.

"I have a question," George spoke while he wrapped an arm around Adara's shoulder. The couple walked through the upstairs corridor of Malfoy Manor.

"No, you may not Dung Bomb Lucius' study," Adara answered without a trace of humor in her voice.
George broke out in a laugh and kissed the top of Adara's head, "I love you."

"So, I was right. That was what you were going to ask?" Adara stepped off the final step on the staircase, letting her right hand glide down the railing.

"I'm afraid not, but I must admit," George's voice lowered to a husky whisper," Now you've tempted me."

"Don't you dare," Adara suppressed a giggle as she narrowed her eyes at George. The two strode into the kitchen and Adara instructed a house elf to put her roses in a vase with water then take them up to her bedroom.

"What were you going to ask me?" Adara spoke as she walked mindlessly around the castle with George.

"Ah, yes, right," George replied, scratching the back of his head and searching for the best words to say. "There was something Fred and I had wanted to ask you." He frowned at the using of his twin's name, but continued on. Adara watched him with a concerned expression on her face. George had learned to cope without Fred by his side yet the mention of him inflicted sadness.

"Was this about the letter Fred sent me on Christmas?" Adara asked while clenching George's hand tighter and escorting him to a staircase that led to the basement.

"Yes and I'm sorry we didn't bring this up earlier, last year was a busy year, "George replied, letting out a weak laugh. "But now since you have your own shop, I figured now is the best time to bring this up."

"Well, go ahead, ask away." Adara announced as the two stepped down into the basement and she opened the third door on the left side of the hallway.
“Would you like to partner with me?”

“Well, we are getting married,” Adara teased.

“I meant a business partner, love,” George rolled his eyes and a half-grin tugged on his cheek. “As in, you make potions to be sold at Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes?”

“Did you plan this with Narcissa?” Adara asked as she remembered Draco telling her how Adara’s shop could conjoin with George’s.

“No, this is all just a grand coincidence, my dear.”

“I’d love to be your business partner,” Adara wrapped her arms around George’s neck and kissed him slowly on the lips. George eagerly returned the kiss and placed his hand on her hips, gently pushing her backward. The two bumped into the island in the center of the room and Adara giggled between kisses as several vitals of potion fell to the ground, spilling their contents onto the floor.

“Save it for the honeymoon, would you?” Draco’s voice rang through the room.

“Does he always ruin our fun intentionally?” George whispered into Adara’s ear. She laughed and rested her head on his shoulder, letting out a sigh.

“Mother says the renovations to your shop are complete, Adara. And she wants you to make sure everything is how it should be,” Draco continued as the couple turned to face him.

“We should leave now then?” Adara asked while she wrapped an arm around George’s waist.

“Yes.”

“You two can meet me in the foyer, I need to get dressed; I’m still in my pajamas.”

Image

“Everything is perfect,” Adara expressed as she glided onto the newly refurbished flooring. The room smelt of fresh paint and hardwood. She strode over to a curtain that was draped over a section on the wall to her left. She lifted the cover, allowing it to fall to the ground and realized an archway had formed which lead into George’s joke shop.

“Brilliant.” George breathed behind her as he rested a hand onto his fiancé’s shoulder.

“It will really be something when the merchandise will be added,” Draco expressed behind the two. Adara turned and looked over at her cousin who smiled.

A knock as heard outside the door of Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes and Adara gave George a questioning glance. He shrugged his shoulders in response and strode to open the door.

"Hi George," A familiar voice spoke.

"Rachelle, come in," George expressed and turned to look at Adara with wide eyes. Adara ran into the room and beaming from ear to ear. She hadn't seen her best friend since Fred's funeral, though that wasn't a time for a leisurely chat.

"I don't plan on staying," Rachelle's voice came out quietly, "I just wanted to give you back some of Fred's thing he'd left at my apartment." Her voice shook and she handed George the cardboard box in her hands.

"Thank you, Rachelle," George's once bright facial expression turned to gloom as he peered into the box that was filled with his twin's possessions.

"How are you doing?" Adara spoke up, greeting her friend with a warm hug.

"I'm doing better, life goes on I suppose," Rachelle responded. Adara knew she was referring to the loss of her groom. She noticed Rachelle's eyes move toward a figure that approached behind her.

"Hello Rachelle," Draco greeted as he took two steps toward her. He was now standing in front of Adara. George quietly exited the room, with box in hand. Adara peered over at the frame of her fiancé, wondering if she should follow, but quickly pushed the thought aside, knowing George needed to be alone for the moment.

"Draco," Rachelle breathed, a shy smile greeted her lips. Adara studied the exchange between Draco and Rachelle, she questioned to herself if their old feelings for one another were slowly resurfacing.

One could only hope.

Image

"George," Adara called out as she slowly opened the door to his home. Her future home. She became worried after not receiving a response and walked into the sitting room. Her eyes landed on the back of George, he was sitting on the couch, sorting through the box of Fred's belongings.

Adara sat beside her fiancé on the couch; in his hands he was clutching what seemed to be a sweater. Then, it dawned on Adara, it was one of the sweaters Mrs. Weasley made for her children every year for Christmas. Adara stroked the side of George's hair, revealing his bad ear. He had yet to acknowledge her presence. He was too distracted with his thoughts.

"I miss him."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm apologize for my lack of posts lately. I came down with the flu for a few days but I'm all better now.

I'll let you in on a secret...I'm starting a new story soon.