Sequel: Anchor.
Status: Complete.

Love Gone Mad

Five years to the day.

Dear Draco,

Thank you for the anniversary wishes. It seems as if it were only yesterday when I married George, though, it's been five years to the day. I feel so blessed to call him my husband and a smile never ceases to appear when I reflect on how far the two of us have come. Our time at Hogwarts seems nothing more than a vapor.
Our darling son, Fred, is growing up so fast. Every morning when he awakes I swear he's sprouted an inch! Although Fred has my eyes, he looks more and more like his father with each hobbled step he takes. Fred speaks of you often, wondering when the next time he will get to see his "uncle Draco" will be. However, his words don't come out as clearly as I have written them.
And now to address a rather exciting subject. I can't believe my cousin is to be married! I am so happy for you and Rachelle. It's about time you two set a date for the wedding. George about jumped out of his skin when he read your letter, asking him to be the best man. Thank you, Draco. He loves you like a brother, you know.
I wish you all the best and I hope to see you soon. Stop by the shop if you'd like. I'm sure George would love nothing more than to reveal to you his latest experiments.

With love,

Adara


Sitting in front of her mahogany writing desk, Adara wrote the words, Draco Malfoy, upon the cream envelope she'd recently sealed a letter inside. Before setting her quill down, she let out a laugh as she placed a hand upon her round stomach; feeling her daughter's heel nudge at her side. Only nineteen weeks old, her precious daughter would never cease movement.

"Daddy!" the small voice of Adara's son, Fred; named after his uncle, reached her ears. She waited for the faint patter of his small feet to echo to the floor above, which is where Adara resided. Once she heard it, Adara slowly rose from her chair; grasping the letter to her cousin and adjusting the black shoulder strap of her dress.

She strode over to the right corner of the study where a bird cage rested, perched onto of a small black end table. Adara glanced out of the window in front of her before letting her owl, Olivia, free from her cage. Her eyes met the familiar sight of the amateur Quidditch field George and his brothers had set up a few summers before.

"Here you are, darling," Adara stroked the tan feathers of her owl, letting Olivia perch on her wrist. "Give this note to Draco."

Adara opened the window in front of her and watched the autumn breeze dance through the silk, emerald curtains that draped down onto the window sill. The extraordinary bird on her arm took flight through the opening of the window, soaring to its ordered destination. She smiled to her self and quickly turned, ready to greet her husband who had just returned home from work.

"I brought you home something," Adara heard the voice of her husband speak before she turned the corner. Her eyes rested upon the sight of George knelt down in front of his son.

Little Fred's eyes exuded excitement as he watched his father reveal a package from behind his back. The bubbly giggle that Adara adored so much escaped Fred's lips as he hungrily unwrapped a package of Jelly Slugs.

George caught his wife staring and a crooked grin appeared on his cheeks. He ruffled his son's red hair and stood up straight. Adara stood in the doorway, a hand placed upon her baby bump and a tempting smile caressed her lips.

"Happy anniversary," Adara breathed, staring up into the hazel eyes of her husband.
Just as the couple's faces were inches apart; each desiring the embrace of a kiss, a loud crack reached their ears. George let out a laugh and stroked Adara's back as she rested her head on her husband's shoulder.

"Pa!" Fred squealed, flinging Jelly Slugs onto the ground as he waved the package through the air.

George wrapped his arm around his wife's waist as the two of them strode further into the kitchen. Arthur Weasley stood beside the dining table, holding his grandson in his arms. The glow upon his face was priceless, he loved being a grandfather.

"Hello dad," George greeted, "Where is mom?"

"At home preparing supper," Arthur replied and his eyes landed upon his daughter-in-law. "How are you doing, Adara?"

"Wonderful," Adara smiled and wrapped her arms around her belly. "She's quite a handful though."

Adara and Arthur shared a laugh and George stared at his wife in admiration. The joy of getting to be a father once more was indescribable. And he couldn't ask for a better wife to share this experience with. He adored her more and more with each day.

"Well, if she's to be anything like this little fellow," Arthur tickled his grandson, which was sneakily reaching for the hat on top of his head, "You're in for a treat."

"Well," Adara glanced up at her husband, "George is the father so that explains some of Fred's," she paused. A look of amusement, curiosity, and maybe a pinch of desire mixed into George's eyes as he waited for his bride to speak. "Rambunctious behavior."

Arthur nodded in agreement and continued to play with his grandson. George let out a boyish laugh and bent his knees so his mouth could reach Adara's ear, "Rambunctious behavior, eh?"

The hint of seduction found in her husband's words caused Adara's cheeks to flush pink. She bit her bottom lip, suppressing a smile that withheld the intimate secrets of married life.

"We must get going," Arthur announced, "Do you have Fred's overnight bag?"

"Oh, yes," Adara replied, scurrying over to one of the many counters that lined the kitchen walls. "I think I packed everything you will need." She held up an over stuffed tote bag and handed it to Arthur.

"He is just staying one night, love," George teased, "Not moving in."

"I wasn't sure what to pack," Adara admitted, taking a few steps to reach her son, who was still being held by his grandfather. "I wanted to make sure Fred had everything."

"Literally," George mumbled. His wife shot him a glare and he tried not to grin.

“Have fun at grandpa’s house, my love,” Adara planted hundreds of kisses on her son’s chubby cheeks. Fred giggled and wrapped his arms around his mother’s neck. Adara tried not to cry.

“Have fun, son,” George kissed Fred’s temple as Adara pulled away.

“Enjoy your anniversary,” Arthur announced before apparating off.

Image

“Bloody he--”

“George, no cursing around the baby,” Adara snapped.

The couple was laying on their bed in the master bedroom. Adara's head was propped up by two feathered pillows that rested against the bed's head board and George lie on his side, his head rested on his hand that made itself into a fist while his elbow secured his position. One of George's hands were placed on his wife's baby belly.

"Sorry," George whispered while a half grin tugged at his left cheek. Adara nodded at his response.

"She always kicks harder when she hears your voice," Adara spoke smoothly, watching her husband trace the spot on her stomach their daughter had just nudged.

"Are you going to be a daddy's girl, Roxanne?" George watched his wife's stomach jiggle in
response. "I don't think I'll ever get used to that."

"Try actually feeling it," Adara laughed, "Roxanne?"

"Yeah, do you like the name?"

Adara ran her fingers threw her groom's hair. George scooted himself closer to Adara so they could be eye level.

"I love it," Adara expressed, tucking a strand of her black hair behind her right ear. George's hand intertwined with hers and he brought them up to his lips, kissing her fingers gently.

"Thank you," George breathed. The expression on his face was enough to cause Adara to melt.

"For what?"

"For marrying me."

Adara sighed and created a smile upon her lips in hope of ceasing the tears that threatened to fall.

"For loving me," George continued while he rested his head on top of Adara's and closed his eyes.

Adara placed a hand upon her husband's chest, feeling the rhythmic beat of his heart. Her touch caused him to open his eyes once more.

"I couldn't have asked for a better husband."

For a moment, George just looked at his bride. Admiring how beautiful she looked beside him.

"You got that right," he finally teased and then poked Adara's nose which caused her to laugh.

Adara smiled brightly and wrapped her arms around George's torso. She knew at that moment George would always have this affect on her. Butterflies in her stomach. The stop of her heart. Even after five years of marriage and sharing everything with him, he still stole her breath.

Adara gave her husband a wink. The candles that filled the sconces on the walls flickered, the warmth of their light illumined Adara's eyes. George swallowed.

He leaned over and looked down at his wife as he rested one arm on the left of her and one of the right. He closed his eyes and brought his lips to hers in a long, blissful kiss. Taking in the all too familiar, yet equally intoxicating, taste of her lips and the smell of her skin.
Adara laughed between their lips as the kick sent by her daughter, Roxanne, tickled her sides. George sat up and placed his hand once more on his wife's stomach.

"What?" You want a kiss too?" George asked, then placed his lips of Adara's stomach in a short peck. Adara smiled and stroked the side of her husband's arm, watching him lovingly.
George turned his head, bringing his attention back to his bride, who was adjusting the helm of her chiffon night gown.

"Just think, only ten more children to go."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is where, Love Gone Mad, draws to a close. I want to thank everyone who has tagged along with me on this journey of fan-fiction writing, those who have supported me, encouraged me, messaged and subscribed, and shared my work with others. I couldn't have asked for better readers. I love each and every one of you!

Now I believe it is only fair to share with you my inspiration for this story. The album "Love Gone Mad" by Stars Go Dim. Each song holds a different version of a love story and I was inspired to write a story from their lyrics. Stars Go Dim is an amazing and very talented band, I recommend giving their work a listen. Especially their song, "Love Gone Mad."

Thanks again! =) And don't forget to check out my latest story, Contort.