Status: Finished For now

Last Memory

Gone

Lying in the hospital bed he looked so peaceful with a steady beep in the background. He looked like the Markus I had fallen in love with but the doctors say he might not remember me when he wakes up. During his surgery something went terribly wrong and the doctors couldn’t stop it so they had to continue like nothing had happened while Markus might not ever be the same again. As I sat and watched him stir time and time again I started to worry. What will I do if he doesn’t wake up? How will I survive in a world with out Markus? Markus stirred in his sleep again and this time he opened his eyes looked directly at me and started cussing at me. Markus never cussed he was against it so I sat there like an idiot till it was over then he finally asked who I was and what I was doing in his bed room.
“Markus it’s me Marico remember I’m your fiancée” He looked at me as if I had just told him he had a monkey on his shoulder. He started to laugh the way he used to and told me I was crazy that he would never marry a woman like me. I ran out of the hospital room crying and the doctors asked me what happened and I tried to explain the best I could but it was hopeless. My Markus was gone forever. I left the hospital with tears streaming down my face and went to our hotel room just down town. I tried to convince myself that all he needed was time and then he would remember me. I got to our room and made myself a drink. When I finished my drink I crawled up on his side of the bed and cried myself to sleep.
~Next Day~
Waking up I thought it was all just a horrible nightmare but when I reached over Markus wasn’t there just a cold reminder of what happened. The tears were flowing before I could stop them I didn’t want to go back to the hospital to a man who didn’t even want me to a man who couldn’t remember me. I took a shower and got ready for another day of disappointment. The drive to the hospital was slow constant reminders of what happened yesterday floated thru my mind. When I finally got to the hospital I went to the doctor before going to see Markus. The doctor told me that he was in a better mood today than he was yesterday. So I built up some fake self confidence and went into his hospital room. He was eating some pudding when I walked into the room when he looked up at me and gave me a true Markus smile. “Hello love how are you today?” I thought I had my Markus back until that smile turned into a vicious grin. “You thought I wouldn’t remember you? Ha I knew you would be back just so you could try and trick me. Well hate to tell you this SWEETY you failed! FAILED!” He started laughing so hard that you could see the little veins popping out of his neck. I had had enough.
“SHUT UP!” He looked up at me with those Smokey Grey eyes and looked surprised. “I have sat here for weeks praying that you would wake up and remember my name. Held your hand and talked to you! I even sat here and read your favorite damn book to you. So I understand that you aren’t the same person you used to be and I understand you don’t remember me but at least have the common courtesy to be polite to me!” He actually looked surprised. I had never snapped at Markus like that. The thing he did next was surprising. He got up out of bed walked over to me and wrapped me in a hug that I was all too familiar with.
“I’ve missed so much. I’m glad to have my Marico back.” I stiffened confused. He was the one who has been gone not me why is he glad to have me back I’m the one who should be glad right? He broke the silence and my thoughts with a concerned sound. I looked up just in time for him to throw me across the room and bolt out of the door.
Some doctors in the hall had heard the entire thing and rushed in to see if I was all right. I had a broken wrist but other than that I was fine. The doctors who were not assisting me were out chasing Markus through the halls of the hospital. Not to long after the chase started I heard over the hospital intercom that the hospital was on lockdown no one in and no one out. I started to get worried so I asked one of the nurses in the hall what was going on and they told me that Markus had mysteriously disappeared.
The doctors couldn’t find Markus because he had extensive training as an assassin for the Vision, a secret government facility that trains civilians to assassinate and evade people without feeling anything. Markus was gone and I was the only one who could find him. I dashed down the hall and took and elevator to the first floor. I asked for directions to the emergency room and when I got there standing in civilian clothing stood Markus with a sorry smile upon his handsome face.
“Markus are you ok?” I tapped him on the shoulder and the look on his face made me want to die inside. I wrapped him in a hug and held him close. His heart sped up and his arms tightened around me. I felt his tears on the top of my head and I couldn’t help it any more. I tightened my arms around him and looked up at him. I captured his lips with mine. He stiffened for a slight moment and then he let instincts take over. He matched my kiss with the same raw fever that I had bottled up for so long. I broke away first and intertwined our fingers. I led him up to his hospital room and handed him a pair of his sweat pants. He had started to protest but stopped himself. He went into the bathroom to change but when he came back I could tell he didn’t remember anything that had just happened.
“YOU! What are you doing in my room? GET OUT!” he started screaming at me. The tears started to flow down my cheeks and his face changed from anger to concern in one fluid motion.” Miss are you ok? What happened? Did someone hurt you?” the flow of questions seemed never ending.
“I’m fine.” I said shakily wiping the tears from my eyes. “I just don’t know how you can yell at me one minuet then be all concerned the next.”
“Miss I don’t know what you mean. I don’t know who you are and I’ve never yelled at a woman.” He had a hurt look in his eyes and I hated it. It was the doctors’ fault that he was like this and that he had all these personalities! How do I explain it to him that he’ll understand? How do I get my Markus back? The only thing I could think of that might possibly work was the locket he gave me the day before he purposed. I grabbed the chain clasp and the back of my neck and undid it. I opened the locket which showed a picture of the both of us kissing. I held the locket out to him with a hopeful smile. He took the locket and examined it closely. Then with an odd look grabbed me and held me tight. The embrace seemed to melt away my stress. “I can’t say I remember you. The only thing I can say is that you must be special to have this locket. I remember my mother giving this to me for a special someone. Miss will you tell me you name maybe it will help with my memory.”
My name is Marico and I know I’m special because you gave me that locket the day before you purposed.” I held up my left hand to show him the ring he gave me. His face never changed as his eyes told me everything he was thinking. I saw all the emotion he felt pass over those smoky gray eyes. Then with out a word he reached out and grabbed me capturing my lips with his urgent ones. When he released me he placed the locket back around my neck and sent me back to the hotel room to rest.
~Next Morning~
The excitement from yesterday still flowed thru my veins as I got ready. Today I decided I was going to wear the dress Markus liked the most on me a purple summer dress with silver and gold heels. He always told me that the dress made my eyes stand out more. He loved the color of my eyes because they were so different that everyone else. My eyes were the color of golden embers. I hated the color because they always attracted attention of people on the streets I had to wear sunglasses just so I didn’t get funny looks as I walked down the street. When I was finally ready I went down to where my car was parked and drove to the hospital.
I got to the hospital and went straight to his room. I didn’t talk to any one and I didn’t want to all I wanted was to see Markus. I walked into his room and there were doctors standing all around him. They were yelling at each other. I couldn’t move all I saw was blood spilling from his mouth. I felt someone pulling at my arm and dragging me out of the room. I couldn’t see anything and all I could hear were the doctors yelling at each other. I didn’t know I was crying until a small voice beside me started telling me everything would be all right and wiping the tears from my eyes. I looked over at them and saw a small nurse with bright green eyes. I couldn’t find my voice so all I did was nod that I understood.
Three hours later a doctor came from Markus’s room and looked at me with sad eyes. “We don’t know what’s wrong but we are doing every thing in our power to find out how to help him.” I got up and ran. I didn’t know what to do. I just ran I tripped over things and stumbled into people. I didn’t stop running until two arms wrapped around me and I just let the tears fall. I was lowered to the ground and held close till the tears stopped flowing.
“Thanks I just I’m sorry I didn’t mean to ruin your shirt.” I talked to the floor and felt a chuckle reverberate thru his chest. I felt like an idiot and I couldn’t do anything about it. I started to get up but his arms tightened around me and kept me from moving. “Please just et me walk away with at least what little dignity I have left” I said with a very small voice. I looked at him and who I saw sent shivers down my spine. It was Markus’s older brother Dean. The look on his face was one of pure evil. “Let me go Dean! I swear just let me go.” My voice was steady but I was frightened. Dean had already tried to kill me once I didn’t want to stand around and see if he could succeed at it the second time. I started to struggle but he only tightened his arms around me. Then I screamed for help and he covered my mouth and dragged me to a stair case around the corner.
“Oh my sweet, why do you have to make it so difficult? You know with out Markus to protect you I will win. I will drain your blood and kill you with out a second glance.” I knew I didn’t have a chance against him but I had to try. I looked at him with pleading eyes and he just laughed I saw the glint of his sharp teeth. I started to struggle even harder but his iron grip was to strong for my human body. I had lost the battle and I had lost Markus. I had failed and no one would ever know the secrets I held deep inside. I felt Dean bite my neck and start to drain my blood. I screamed with my last breath before every thing faded into the never ending darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is actally a project for school haha hope you like it